Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

What’s his stats?

Haven’t paid much attention to this guy.
Last year as a junior...
33.2mpg 15.7ppg 11.6rpg 48%fg 25%3pt 76%ft

Two things I would note...only committed 2.2 fouls in those 33.2mpg, conversely he was really good at drawing fouls, would’ve ranked first on UT roster last season...also worth mentioning shot 36% from 3 his sophomore year, was around 1.5 attempts a game and as a junior dropped to 25% at around 2.5 attempts a game...on the surface I would guess that’s because he probably had to be a bit of “the man” and force some things, that wouldn’t be the case here.

Last year as a junior...
33.2mpg 15.7ppg 11.6rpg 48%fg 25%3pt 76%ft

Two things I would note...only committed 2.2 fouls in those 33.2mpg, conversely he was really good at drawing fouls, would’ve ranked first on UT roster last season...also worth mentioning shot 36% from 3 his sophomore year, was around 1.5 attempts a game and as a junior dropped to 25% at around 2.5 attempts a game...on the surface I would guess that’s because he probably had to be a bit of “the man” and force some things, that wouldn’t be the case here.

He was also a good 3 pt shooter as a soph.

Maybe he can get that back

He'd be our backup 4 I guess? I doubt we'd move Pons to the 3. Definitely need another post player.

Does raise the question of who starts next year? Do both 5 stars start? Does JJJ or Santi come off the bench if that's the case? We'll still need someone to give us some minutes at the backup 5, hopefully Uros or Nkamhoua can be serviceable there.

If we do land this guy, it looks like we might have enough depth to redshirt both Gaines and Pember.
Without those two you'd still have Santi, JJJ, Keon, Springer, bailey, Walker, Pons, Fulky, Nkamhoua, graduate transfer guy and Uros.

So, it's take Cisse now, or hold with what we have, and hope that Fulkerson, Olivier, Gaines and Pember all gain significant weight and strength?

May wanna check out the news on Anosike

I know that he is possible/likely, but he is a little on the short side for an inside guy in the SEC. We all know about Grant Williams and Charles Barkley, but Anosike played against inferior competition to get his numbers (I assume).

If you think he is the answer, I will take your word for it. Otherwise, I would think our other guys need to take a big step, or we should take another inside guy for defense and rebounding purposes.

I don't know about others on here, but I was quite disappointed in Uros' play this season. I am just not getting my hopes way up over transfers, at this point.

I know that he is possible/likely, but he is a little on the short side for an inside guy in the SEC. We all know about Grant Williams and Charles Barkley, but Anosike played against inferior competition to get his numbers (I assume).

If you think he is the answer, I will take your word for it. Otherwise, I would think our other guys need to take a big step, or we should take another inside guy for defense and rebounding purposes.

I don't know about others on here, but I was quite disappointed in Uros' play this season. I am just not getting my hopes way up over transfers, at this point.
I’d say Maymon was more than serviceable as an undersized post.

Reactions: i2amavol

I'd just take Rick Barnes, Chris Mack, Mark Few, and Tom Crean's word for it. They all want him.

We should have learned long ago that height didn’t matter

It matters, but certainly isn't the only thing. I think Grant Williams often struggled offensively against the taller players. He also probably didn't have to guard the Post. That was Alexander's job (Someone correct me if I am wrong).

From Basilio's blog this morning:

Anosike Has TWO Ties To Tennessee:
spacer.gif
Obviously Anosike's sister Nikki was a two time national champion starter for the Lady Vols but there's another Tennessee tie that could help here. Anosike's older brother O.D. was a great mid major player in his own right at Siena. O.D. Anosike and Tennessee assistant Kim English got to know each other when they played professionally in Europe. It's thought that they are actually still fairly good friends. Ironically here's a picture of O.D. in Tennessee's practice facility.

It matters, but certainly isn't the only thing. I think Grant Williams often struggled offensively against the taller players. He also probably didn't have to guard the Post. That was Alexander's job (Someone correct me if I am wrong).

Grant williams guarded the 4 and 5 many times. There were a lot of times over the three years that Admiral played the 4 with Williams playing the 5.

Reactions: VOLED

VN Store

Back