Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Has anyone with any actual “cred” said anything about Marfo? Not knocking TB, hell I’ve never even listened to his show. Lol

Has anyone with any actual “cred” said anything about Marfo? Not knocking TB, hell I’ve never even listened to his show. Lol

yes there was list reported of schools that had contacted him and we weren’t in it. That’s exactly where TB got his space filling news

Not sure how much he had to do with the class we have coming in next year, but IF he was influential with those 3 then he needs a raise. A big one.

Reactions: VolGee4
One big visit that was likely going to take place this month was 2021 five-star big man Moussa Cisse who the Vols have been making inroads with for the past couple of months. Some have asked about the possibility of Cisse reclassifying into the 2020 class. We’re told that is definitely something he’s interested in trying to do, but how much will the current shutdown affect his academic progress? There’s some uncertainty there but Cisse is definitely exploring the possibility of reclassifying. As for the competition, the only official visit he’s taken at this point has been to Florida State. The Seminoles are in it but it feels like Tennessee’s biggest competition at this point is going to be Auburn, Kentucky and Memphis.
Elsewhere as we noted previously the nation’s No. 35 overall prospect Kowacie Reeves had to cancel an official visit scheduled for the Florida game back on February 29 due to a death in the family. Tennessee was preparing to get Reeves back on campus this spring but that is now obviously up in the air. He’s a big time scorer as a 6-foot-5 wing and a prospect that the Vols seem to feel like they’re in good shape with. The nation’s No. 13 prospect Harrison Ingram was expected to make an official visit this spring as well which is also obviously up in the air now. Ingram, whose father is a Tennessee alumnus, took an unofficial visit to Tennessee last season. He visited North Carolina this winter.
It’s just a weird time all over the athletic world right now, and that’s certainly the case for hoops right now. This is the time of year when Rick Barnes and his staff would be spending tons of time in the gym doing individual drill work and for a program that has been built on player development that’s a real blow. Lastly it seems a foregone conclusion that the live evaluation period that was scheduled for the last two weekends in April will be put on hold and rescheduled for a later date.
-VQ

Reactions: highspeed
Agree. I like Coach English, but there's no justification based on this season's results to give him a raise.

Results are just part of his job description. If English is helping us get in the door with some of these high level recruits, then he could deserve a raise. That’s also part of his job, and one that he excels in. I think the head coach has a good pulse for that.

Reactions: cardvolfan
A number of posters on here will blame Barnes for not proactively planning for the coronavirus. They will use this an a non-excusable reason.

Reactions: walkenvol
Results are just part of his job description. If English is helping us get in the door with some of these high level recruits, then he could deserve a raise. That’s also part of his job, and one that he excels in. I think the head coach has a good pulse for that.

Agree that’s true but let’s be honest most HEad coaches want raises for their assistant coaches and it’s the ADs job to decide when that is Warranted.
Imo their has to be an expectation for successful results before an AD opens the check book.

No and I am serious. Tennessee is paying him to win games.
giphy.gif

VN Store

Back