Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Bowden tonight said if given another year of eligibility he’d love to come back. Given that info imagine a team with Bowden, Fulkerson, Pons, James, Springer, Vescovi, Keon Johnson, Walker Jr, Bailey, Anosike, Gaines, Nkouhma, Plavsic, Pember, Wideman, Beckwith... omg I think it’s our year. (Probably without Bowden but a guy can dream lol)

Bowden tonight said if given another year of eligibility he’d love to come back. Given that info imagine a team with Bowden, Fulkerson, Pons, James, Springer, Vescovi, Keon Johnson, Walker Jr, Bailey, Anosike, Gaines, Nkouhma, Plavsic, Pember, Wideman, Beckwith... omg I think it’s our year. (Probably without Bowden but a guy can dream lol)

Not to put a damper on things but it's better for UT to not have another year of eligibility. We lose relatively little compared to other schools this year.

Not to put a damper on things but it's better for UT to not have another year of eligibility. We lose relatively little compared to other schools this year.
This. Bowden would help next year, but he blocks a freshman or Bailey from minutes, and I'm not sure that is a good thing, long term.

While it is certainly a slow time in the recruiting world right now, it’s not completely dormant. Fifth-year transfer E.J. Anosike, from Sacred Heart, is committing this afternoon (around 12 p.m.) and as of now we’re expecting Tennessee to be his landing spot. Anosike is an interesting package. At 6-foot-6 and 250 pounds, he’s not a traditional big but he did average 11.9 rebounds per game last season while putting up 15.8 ppg. It would be a surprise if he puts up those kind of scoring numbers in the SEC, but rebounding is a skill that generally translates and he could provide a big boost in a needed area there.
Tennessee is full assuming Anosike jumps in the boat today. I don’t think that necessarily means that they’re going to stop recruiting five-star big man Mousse Cisse, who I’m told still plans on reclassifying, but I do think the fact that they’re willing to take Anosike now suggests that they view landing Cisse as an uncertain proposition at best. That’s not exactly surprising given that Memphis, Kentucky and Auburn are all involved.
-VQ

Orange Throat said today in Basilio's blog he believes Nkamhoua would likely "be the short straw" if Tennessee were in position to land Cisse. The scholarship renewal deadline is generally in late June, early July correct?

Last edited:
Orange Throat said today in Basilio's blog he believes Nkamhoua would likely "be the short straw" if Tennessee were in position to land Cisse. The scholarship renewal deadline is generally in late June, early July correct?
Lol I would be shocked if they let go of ON like that.

He would be the guy I would let go. However, I like the kid and think he will be a good player down the road. A redshirt year would help.

I don’t buy that from orange throat at all

seniors getting extra year would hurt us we only have one senior who would return some teams have 5. Gaining Bowden wouldn’t offset what others will gain by this rule.
Yes, that is the exact opinion I agreed with. We stand to benefit little from it.

VN Store

Back