Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

How was I stubborn? Of the four sections pointed out to me, I said I agreed that two were completely unnecessary and unrelated to the subject of CV. The other two I said were minor and not that onerous, and they were related to CV.

If you think those were the sections really holding this up, you are insane.
Despite multiple outlets and actual senators/reps griping in a similar fashion, you denied saying it was utterly false until not only the full bill was produced but a page number given.

But why is that?

Too much overhead, not enough profitability on revenue/earnings (EBITDA- earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) and too much debt (and payments on that debt) to prevent cash accumulation, along with bad AR management.

Bad management. Bad decisions. Wrong choices. Too much investment in inventory. Too many carrying costs/overhead. A lot of times not running efficient monthly AR (lagging payments or too many outstanding payments not collected).

Short term situations like:
Loss of customer or customers or contracts.
Increased operating costs associated with raw materials or supply.

Type of business and industry most important. Manufacturer? Distributor? Service oriented? Import heavy? Export heavy? Heavily disparaging or slanted seasonal earnings?

Some is self inflicted, some is out of your control. What I found with a lot of companies is simply terrible AR and focused decision making that is handicapped by fear and reality of change with too many eggs in a basket and you get caught and stuck in the status quo because you do not have the resources or more importantly time to make the necessary change. 80/20 rule kind of thing.

Reactions: ***RoadVol***
Despite multiple outlets and actual senators/reps griping in a similar fashion, you denied saying it was utterly false until not only the full bill was produced but a page number given.

You are overclaiming what I said.

I was, correctly, suspicious that the tweets coming out from conservative bloggers from their sources were misleading and out of context. Some were incorrect. Most were simply so far out of context as to be wrong. See e.g. demands for corporate diversity. That in fact was simply reporting for the internal government organizations administering some of the funds under a particular subpart. We can argue about the merit of that, but it was specifically narrowed to one part of the administration of funds, under HUD I believe.

Now, the airline emissions thing? I agree with you that has no business being in there.

But I do think that anyone with a semblance of political savvy would realize that the particular provision there was never seriously contemplated and was not what has been holding this up.

VN Store

Back