Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

If this were a novel or a movie, it would be panned as too unbelievable.

Me? I can't wait for the sequel. "This time it's for real."

It 2020 the world was shocked by the coronavirus.

Critics called it the Pandemic of all Pandemics.

But in 2021, not coming to a theater near you due to mass hysteria, is the sequel.....

Corona with the Lyme!

That's right!!

All the fun of the first virus: mass hysteria, toilet paper shortages, everything being shut down....but now with all the fun symptoms of lyme disease mixed in!

Because this year the virus is bringing a friend and they love to mingle.

Corona with a Lyme........disease.

Social distancing will never be the same!!!

Still hanging around 1.2% mortality rate. Somewhat of a positive in all of this.

How are you calculating U.S. mortality rate when 98.2% of cases are still active?

Ok, I see. You took the 588 deaths and divided by the 48,720 of all confirmed cases. I hope 1.2% is high, because our numbers will look increasingly higher if you use that method.

For instance, if you do that globally you get 4.3%, which is certainly wrong as well.

In truth, we'll never know until we have a test for antibodies so we know who has had it. That would be a huge game changer, both for fighting this and for not keeping immune persons indoors.

The actual death rate will vary a lot from place to place based on the health and age of your population. Your local college might have a new zero death rate while it would kill nearly every soul in an assisted living facility.

We all just need to hope we never see a virus that spreads like Covid-19 and kills like SARS. That will make those preppers who spent their kid's college money on an underground bunker look wise.

You think the public health agency numbers reported by a U.S. State or City are being fabricated? Come on.

Just because you don't like a fact doesn't make it false. Donald.
Yet another example of your lack of self awareness given your stubbornness yesterday to accept Pelosi suggesting a **** bill.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Again, just difficult to comprehend the lack of intelligence on this remark.

You think there is going to be a magic day at the end of this when the gubment turns on the green light? And when they do that the car dealerships, boat dealerships, tourist destinations are just going to be flooded with customers?
What's the alternative mr intelligence?

If this were a novel or a movie, it would be panned as too unbelievable.

Me? I can't wait for the sequel. "This time it's for real."

If you watch the movie "Contagion" it is eerily dead on, down to a bat being the start and blood splatter from a butcher block leading to patient zero.

Obviously it is ramped up for drama, but much of this is playing to pattern.

Yet another example of your lack of self awareness given your stubbornness yesterday to accept Pelosi suggesting a **** bill.

How was I stubborn? Of the four sections pointed out to me, I said I agreed that two were completely unnecessary and unrelated to the subject of CV. The other two I said were minor and not that onerous, and they were related to CV.

If you think those were the sections really holding this up, you are insane.

Reactions: RockyTop85
How was I stubborn? Of the four sections pointed out to me, I said I agreed that two were completely unnecessary and unrelated to the subject of CV. The other two I said were minor and not that onerous, and they were related to CV.

If you think those were the sections really holding this up, you are insane.
You forgot the part where you denied it before reading it, remember?

"Sounds completely...utterly false..."?

You filtered the info based on who it would paint poorly.

Reactions: RikidyBones
I don't think every person in this country should get a check it should be limited to those that actually lost their income during the shutdown.
3tuwf1.jpg20200324_105658.jpg

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I don't think every person in this country should get a check it should be limited to those that actually lost their income during the shutdown.
View attachment 267989View attachment 267990

Thinking people can sit down and decide in a few days how to spend a few trillion, that isnt theirs, in an efficient and wise manner, is foolish.

Reactions: VolnJC
Thank you. I'm having difficulty sifting through to find the data on number recovered.

Look at the summary at the top, but expect that number to have a really big lag time as the symptoms last a while and the focus is on stopping spread and treating new cases. Probably why the Johns Hopkins site isn't even tracking recoveries yet.

Only 295 confirmed recovered right now.

Reactions: VolnJC
Look at the summary at the top, but expect that number to have a really big lag time as the symptoms last a while and the focus is on stopping spread and treating new cases. Probably why the Johns Hopkins site isn't even tracking recoveries yet.

Only 295 confirmed recovered right now.
Your link was easier to peruse. Thanks, again.

Reactions: Rifleman
Do you honestly think people are just going to magically appear back in the places if this outbreak gets worse? If they open everything in the economy back up and this thing continues to escalate the effect on the economy will only be worse.

Choice, I'm in the camp of the .gov should disseminate all of the information and let individuals/businesses decide how they should proceed. There should have never been the 1st shutdown order issued.

VN Store

Back