Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

You are overclaiming what I said.

I was, correctly, suspicious that the tweets coming out from conservative bloggers from their sources were misleading and out of context. Some were incorrect. Most were simply so far out of context as to be wrong. See e.g. demands for corporate diversity. That in fact was simply reporting for the internal government organizations administering some of the funds under a particular subpart. We can argue about the merit of that, but it was specifically narrowed to one part of the administration of funds, under HUD I believe.

Now, the airline emissions thing? I agree with you that has no business being in there.

But I do think that anyone with a semblance of political savvy would realize that the particular provision there was never seriously contemplated and was not what has been holding this up.
Those items arent holding it up because it wasnt the one voted on with bipartisan efforts. The Pelosi one is pure trash and should be thrown away. You denied when senators confirmed. Not just anonymous sources from bloggers. spare us from the backpedaling.

Add in the quarantine still applies to at risk people and caretakers and provide provisions in the aide bill to help them (resources for shopping and getting essentials, etc) and I’m on board.

The idea that an at risk individual was out and about, or visited by somebody and got it that it is the fault of the person that gave it to them is absurd.

Stay home and don’t answer the door. It’s their decision to do so and holding the rest of the country hostage because we are afraid they won’t follow directions is wrong.

Those items arent holding it up because it wasnt the one voted on with bipartisan efforts. The Pelosi one is pure trash and should be thrown away. You denied when senators confirmed. Not just anonymous sources from bloggers. spare us from the backpedaling.

The House bill was a wish list, obviously. It is misleading to cite those things as the reason that an economic rescue package has not yet passed.

You are overclaiming what I said.

I was, correctly, suspicious that the tweets coming out from conservative bloggers from their sources were misleading and out of context. Some were incorrect. Most were simply so far out of context as to be wrong. See e.g. demands for corporate diversity. That in fact was simply reporting for the internal government organizations administering some of the funds under a particular subpart. We can argue about the merit of that, but it was specifically narrowed to one part of the administration of funds, under HUD I believe.

Now, the airline emissions thing? I agree with you that has no business being in there.

But I do think that anyone with a semblance of political savvy would realize that the particular provision there was never seriously contemplated and was not what has been holding this up.
There's a ton of stuff in it holding it up. They had bipartisanship votes and then Nancy and Chuck intervened with their pork.

Don't spin it.

VN Store

Back