Realistically, do you believe there will be a 2020 season?

Will there be a 2020 college football season?

• Total voters
The death rate will prove to be much lower when compared to the number of people infected. You can already tell it is headed into that direction, certainly at this point it is. I think things are going to get a lot better after this week and especially the next. I expect our peak is going to hit this week into maybe early next week. They are finding things out quickly. We should all be concerned but I am very optimistic that things are going to start turning around slowly. I think by May things will look much better overall and things will have or will be starting to come back. Thank goodness our Commander and Chief and the CDC are committed to getting through this as fast and as safe as possible. GBO!!!!!!!
In Bergamo Italy, 54 people died between March 1 and March 15, 2019. Over the same time period in 2020 there were 162. That's pretty staggering.

In the USA, we have about 3 million deaths per year. If you triple that, it is 9 million. Then divide by 6 (expected to last 2 months) you get 1.5 million deaths from the virus. That is 1 in 200 Americans meaning that you will likely know multiple people who end up dying from it.

Reactions: s_hendricks
VN posters will die of this. : (
Are you a doctor?? I doubt it. Over 12,000 died in the US in 2009, right now right around 400-500 in the US have died. We are certainly doing more now than we were doing then. I have confidence in our leaders and the CDC. That's where I get my news, not off folks playing theatrics and acting like they know what is going to happen and seem to want to put the worst spin on things. Keep the faith folks, things are going to get better soon. Stay the course for the next 7-10 days do your part. America will survive and once again thrive! GBO and God Bless all!

Let's say we don't have a 2020 season, would that enable any player to transfer and be immediately eligible?

It already has and will continue to. Textile mills are opening in NC or changing over to strictly make masks or other supplies to help meet the needs. To the point of millions and millions a day.

I worry about the store owners, restaurant owners, and small town folks who will commit suicide because they’re buried under so much debt, house payments, etc with no help.

Nobody ever seems to worry about those folks...maybe because they aren’t big campaign donors?

no way this ends before April. Maybe, and at this point I think it’s a big maybe end of May it might be under control. We’re easily looking at June at best maybe even July if this doesent get under control quickly. People need to take this seriously stay smart, stay healthy, stay safe.

Government and media types alike have already started sounding the alarms that this isn’t sustainable. I bet we start moving small waves of people into the economy in early April.

I think you will see a plan to move low risk people back while encouraging high risk folks to stay on the sidelines. I, for one, completely agree with such an approach...and I would be in the game and not on the sidelines.

If this goes much further, the risk of a worldwide depression is very real.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
Government and media types alike have already started sounding the alarms that this isn’t sustainable. I bet we start moving small waves of people into the economy in early April.

I think you will see a plan to move low risk people back while encouraging high risk folks to stay on the sidelines. I, for one, completely agree with such an approach...and I would be in the game and not on the sidelines.

If this goes much further, the risk of a worldwide depression is very real.
This, we can’t destroy the world trying to save it. By putting us in an indefinite quarantine for months will only cause more damage.

I’m telling everyone now. This will end soon.

Sooner or later, the needs of the many are going to outweigh the needs of the few.

We are not going to volunteer for total economic collapse because of this thing. The country will not go into shutdown mode indefinitely for much longer.

That’s my personal prediction to all.

So, life will go back to normal fairly soon, IMO.

I’m telling everyone now. This will end soon.

Sooner or later, the needs of the many are going to outweigh the needs of the few.

We are not going to volunteer for total economic collapse because of this thing. The country will not go into shutdown mode indefinitely for much longer.

That’s my personal prediction to all.

So, life will go back to normal fairly soon, IMO.
I hate it when a Gator brings the most logic to the thread.

Do you all think the COVID19 kills more than the H1N1Swine Flu which CDC reported 22 million infections & 4000 Americans dead?1FC8AA78-11D5-4A50-8E97-288F28EB3BEA.jpeg1FC8AA78-11D5-4A50-8E97-288F28EB3BEA.jpeg

VN posters will die of this. : (
We are going to die. Some may die of this. Some will die of car accidents, some will die of heart complications, some will die of cancer but the end results are the same we are all going to die. I just dont want to die from aortic aneurysm because I got a hot nurse and bled out. That would be embarrassing.

/Blue font

Do you all think the COVID19 kills more than the H1N1Swine Flu which CDC reported 22 million infections & 4000 Americans dead?View attachment 267907View attachment 267907
Dude, it's a losing fight. The Karen's and chicken littles won. They will get martial law in everything but name and the genie is out of the bottle. Nobody is questioning this or the authority to close down private businesses, they are questioning why more isnt being done.

In my mind, they would have to return by May to even consider having a 2020 college football season. Even that is putting a lot of teams behind. Consider Miss State and Ole Miss for example. 2 new coaching staffs. No way they’re ready to go by August if all they have is June and July to prepare. Does anyone know the actual number of teams with new staffs leading into 2020?

I personally don’t believe we’ll have a college football season in 2020. Hard to imagine, but I just don’t see it.

Thoughts?
You think they can’t figure out how to play a football game in two months? It’s not exactly sending a man to the moon.

It already has and will continue to. Textile mills are opening in NC or changing over to strictly make masks or other supplies to help meet the needs. To the point of millions and millions a day.

I worry about the store owners, restaurant owners, and small town folks who will commit suicide because they’re buried under so much debt, house payments, etc with no help.
Suicide rates will spike for certain. Possibly a higjer number of lives will be lost than would have been from the virus.

And very few of those will be elderly.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
If our country is still shut down in June its over.

There is no coming back.

Too many businesses will shutter.

Budiness landlords will either demand payment on tenants that cant pay due to no business or the landlord will be unable to pay their lenders for the bank notes.

Banks will go under.

Unemployment will be over 20 percent and stranglehold the system.

Tax revenues will plummet which will cause the debt to be impossible to pay.

This cannot go beyond April or it's over.
Your scenario isnt completely out of the realm of possibility.

So with the nations future at stake when do we say to those who are at risk, stay home or protect yourself when you go out?

Your scenario isnt completely out of the realm of possibility.

So with the nations future at stake when do we say to those who are at risk, stay home or protect yourself when you go out?

Honestly, that’s what should have been said from the beginning. Canceling the entire seasons of NBA, NHL, and MLB was the most absurd thing I’d ever seen.

VN Store

Back