Realistically, do you believe there will be a 2020 season?

Will there be a 2020 college football season?

• Total voters

VolAllen

In my mind, they would have to return by May to even consider having a 2020 college football season. Even that is putting a lot of teams behind. Consider Miss State and Ole Miss for example. 2 new coaching staffs. No way they’re ready to go by August if all they have is June and July to prepare. Does anyone know the actual number of teams with new staffs leading into 2020?

I personally don’t believe we’ll have a college football season in 2020. Hard to imagine, but I just don’t see it.

Thoughts?

There's to much money that would be lost without a football season. Florida ad just posted that football makes up 85 percent of the athletic budget. We will get past the virus and will have a 2020 football season! Go vols!
The money made by college football is a drop in the bucket compared to money going down the drain in various ways right now. If it is canceled, the ADs likely won't have a say in the matter.

That said, it's 50/50. I could see a scenario where the season starts, but a second wave of the virus comes with the Fall and we are right back here. Obviously, really hoping that doesn't happen.

There's to much money that would be lost without a football season. Florida ad just posted that football makes up 85 percent of the athletic budget. We will get past the virus and will have a 2020 football season! Go vols!
Disney is losing over 2.5 billion dollars a day....the money won’t have anything to do with it.

I have already expressed the opinion that the season is in jeopardy, elsewhere. We are entering uncharted waters in this country. Closest similar experience was not even in many of our lifetimes (WWII). I'm not just talking about sports.

Come April 1, will the university put the season tickets out for purchase and if they did , who is buying them?
I doubt that they are made available since everything is shut down for the remainder of the semester.

Reactions: spyfish007
I have no idea if there will be a season but What do new staffs have to do with it? Them not having a spring will not be much worse than JP coming in just a few days before signing day
Just saying that it would be difficult for Clemson to prepare in just 2 months, but a new scheme and everything seems impossible.

Come April 1, will the university put the season tickets out for purchase and if they did , who is buying them?
I doubt that they are made available since everything is shut down for the remainder of the semester.
Exactly. And with that comes donation pull backs, advertising and vendor pull backs, etc..

Until people take it serious and adhere to precautions. No .. if you go out at all you will see people just having total disregard to our elderly and those that are at worst risk .. I know many many elderly that cant afford to get this but there are tons of he younger age that aren't taking heed or taking any precautions .. life as usual to them ..

The lockdown right now is all about "flattening the curve", slowing down the speed of spread so that the hospitals and medical professionals can keep up with the demand.

As time goes on, our medical coverage is expanding (anyone read the article about the US Army Corps of Engineers rapidly installing tens of thousands of ICU-equivalent hospital suites in hotels and warehouses to help?) and the curve is becoming less steep thanks to us all social-distancing. The two lines on the graph are moving toward each other. And eventually, our health care supply will meet our illness/injury demand. From that point on, we should be okay.

We don't have to do what we're doing now for months or years, just for six or eight weeks. Which means football season and all other fall sports (plus business and the rest) should be mostly back to normal by then.

At least, that's the sense of most of what i'm reading--that isn't poorly-informed press sensationalism.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
I honestly don't see how anything changes from now till August, no vaccine will be ready by then. As much as I hate to say it "NO SEASON". It's gonna really be a bummer too! I may go to Neyland and just walk around one Saturday in October:(

If our country is still shut down in June its over.

There is no coming back.

Too many businesses will shutter.

Budiness landlords will either demand payment on tenants that cant pay due to no business or the landlord will be unable to pay their lenders for the bank notes.

Banks will go under.

Unemployment will be over 20 percent and stranglehold the system.

Tax revenues will plummet which will cause the debt to be impossible to pay.

This cannot go beyond April or it's over.

If our country is still shut down in June its over.

There is no coming back.

Too many businesses will shutter.

Budiness landlords will either demand payment on tenants that cant pay due to no business or the landlord will be unable to pay their lenders for the bank notes.

Banks will go under.

Unemployment will be over 20 percent and stranglehold the system.

Tax revenues will plummet which will cause the debt to be impossible to pay.

This cannot go beyond April or it's over.

no way this ends before April. Maybe, and at this point I think it’s a big maybe end of May it might be under control. We’re easily looking at June at best maybe even July if this doesent get under control quickly. People need to take this seriously stay smart, stay healthy, stay safe.

no way this ends before April. Maybe, and at this point I think it’s a big maybe end of May it might be under control. We’re easily looking at June at best maybe even July if this doesent get under control quickly. People need to take this seriously stay smart, stay healthy, stay safe.

I expect end of april but if this goes past first part of may this is going to change America as we know it forever

I except end of april but if this goes past first part of may this is going to change America as we know it forever

It already has and will continue to. Textile mills are opening in NC or changing over to strictly make masks or other supplies to help meet the needs. To the point of millions and millions a day.

I worry about the store owners, restaurant owners, and small town folks who will commit suicide because they’re buried under so much debt, house payments, etc with no help.

VN Store

Back