Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may want to hold her hand and let her know that it's ok for her to let go. Reassure her that everyone is going to be ok. She may be worried about what happen to the family when she leaves. We said this to my brother and it seemed to help him at the end. Just a thought. God bless bud.

Did the same with my mom. My brother, dad and I sat beside her and told her it was ok. That we would take care of each other and be ok. 10 years ago, and it’s still painful to remember her last 24 hours. I hate cancer.

How do you keep the squirrels away? We grow great stuff but never get to eat any of it.
Try not to put your garden near trees if possible and fence it in if you can. We bought some 50' rolls by 8' tall vinyl mesh fencing and already had plenty of posts. Once we "wrapped" the perimeter, we used some spikes evry 8 ft or so to keep it tight to the ground. We easily rolled the mesh back up after the garden played out and it will be easy to put back up this year. We bought the mesh fencing at our local co-op.

Reactions: JCP201
I hesitated to post this, as it may sound a bit tone deaf in the current environment. But I decided to post anyway to hopefully encourage some folks that only see the bleakness in all of this.

My contract work from the Fall ended recently. I knew ahead of time, obviously, and have been applying for jobs the past couple months in anticipation. I am trying to stay in the same area, as the wife's business has clients here that she needs to see. Well, I hadn't heard a single thing in nearly 2 months and started to lose hope. With COVID fear raging, I really started to lose hope even moreso.

Well, I finally got a callback 2 days ago from one of my top prospects I had applied with. In 2 days it went from an initial call, to a phone interview the next day, to an in-person interview, and meeting the whole department team today. Maybe I still don't land the job, but that isn't the point. The point is they are still hiring and hiring aggressively. They are actually hiring multiple people due to huge growth.

So, hopefully what some will get from this is the world continues to turn and this economy won't be held down long-term from a short-term blip. I know things are tough for many at the moment and I hope we take care of them, but this country will keep chugging along as long as we all do as individuals.
good luck bruh, hope u land it

I will tell you this. If you have not locked your mortgage loan, you are out of luck. Lenders do not want to lend unless you want to pay points and rates are bad as of today. Some warehouse lines are making margin calls to lenders and putting a choke hold on money to buy. You are good if your locked in but if not, it’s going to be awhile. This uncertain environment has made lenders skittish and they don’t want any business as of now.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
How do you keep the squirrels away? We grow great stuff but never get to eat any of it.

I have an above ground garden, using large tubs. I made frames to cover the tubs using 1"x1"s and wrapping with screening. I usually make them 6' long x 3' wide x 4' high for most, so that each frame can cover 2 tubs, and I make them 6' high for the heirloom tomatoes. I

have a peach tree that I have never tasted one of peaches because, 1) I have to thin the young peaches to keep the weight from breaking through the growing season, (because it is still a fairly young tree and 2) because the squirrels decimate the remaining peaches before they are fully ripened. So the tree is only useful because along with a hedgerow it creates a really nice shady arbor for cooking out in summers.

But I am fairly close to the river, so I see a lot of rabbits and other small critters in the back that along with the squirrels would decimate the garden if I didn't cover them. The big issue is recognizing diseases and worms and such that will kill your plants. If you are going to plant you have to read up on what an attack the veggies/fruits you want to grow an how to recognize and treat them when you see them.

With all my siblings here at moms just waiting on the inevitable...she actually stopped breathing for several seconds about an hour ago but her will to live is just so strong...the hospice folks were here earlier today, and there was a few minutes then when we thought she was down to it also (awesome awesome awesome people by the way!) and they are shocked that she is still hanging in..

What happened is that when my stepdad passed in Nov 2017, she went through a very rough few months that she was ready to go herself, but then she really decided that she wanted to go on living...so when this cancer came on last year, it is almost like it made her mad more than scared..she told me three weeks ago that she was not afraid to go if that is what God wants, but she really wanted to live. She told me to really live the rest of my life, and to enjoy every moment.

Anyway...it should not be much longer...but..

So sorry. Nothing easy about it. Prayers

With all my siblings here at moms just waiting on the inevitable...she actually stopped breathing for several seconds about an hour ago but her will to live is just so strong...the hospice folks were here earlier today, and there was a few minutes then when we thought she was down to it also (awesome awesome awesome people by the way!) and they are shocked that she is still hanging in..

What happened is that when my stepdad passed in Nov 2017, she went through a very rough few months that she was ready to go herself, but then she really decided that she wanted to go on living...so when this cancer came on last year, it is almost like it made her mad more than scared..she told me three weeks ago that she was not afraid to go if that is what God wants, but she really wanted to live. She told me to really live the rest of my life, and to enjoy every moment.

Anyway...it should not be much longer...but..
Praying for you!

I think Fitz must have the Chinese flu for him to make this decision. Dang it!!!!!!

(In no way do I hope he has the China virus)
Since he is from up north, I am sure he has family and relatives in that neck of the woods. I'll bet with the Corona Virus thing and all the uncertainty going on, if given the opportunity to land a good opportunity much closer to home who could really blame him? I can't. Hate to lose him but put yourself in his shoes right now.

After turning down Maryland and talking about unfinished business... what in the world?
Just goes to show that everyone has a price. In this case I believe getting closer to his wife's family played a big part in his decision. I'm sure the money is there too.

Learned plenty of programming (qb, vb, c++, etc) in my teens. Now trying to find more applicable forms of it - whether VBA or R or Python to mold to analyses applications.
I'd recommend starting with Python and learning numpy and BeautifulSoup. Add some shell scripting and a dose of visualization (Tableau is pretty good). Then work your way into R for more complicated analyses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back