Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all my siblings here at moms just waiting on the inevitable...she actually stopped breathing for several seconds about an hour ago but her will to live is just so strong...the hospice folks were here earlier today, and there was a few minutes then when we thought she was down to it also (awesome awesome awesome people by the way!) and they are shocked that she is still hanging in..

What happened is that when my stepdad passed in Nov 2017, she went through a very rough few months that she was ready to go herself, but then she really decided that she wanted to go on living...so when this cancer came on last year, it is almost like it made her mad more than scared..she told me three weeks ago that she was not afraid to go if that is what God wants, but she really wanted to live. She told me to really live the rest of my life, and to enjoy every moment.

Anyway...it should not be much longer...but..

Prayers for you and your family.

I agree, its hard to look past the dark times right now and the uncertainty of our future. However, its not tough times that make or break people its how they respond, and America has shown in the past, and I believe that we will again in the future show that the American spirit, can be wounded, but it will never be broken.
Right now I am keeping my head up and nose to the ground looking for that next opportunity because I know it is coming, and I think everyone should do the same.

I know some don't want to hear or believe this. I know some will ignore it. However, I am old enough to have lived through it and prospered in the greatest country on the face of the earth. Post WW II/Korea's economic expansion was driven by manufacturing/distribution during the years of Ike and JFK (notice a Republican and a Democrat). During that time, like literally thousands of other under-employed Americans, my father/mother left the dying coal mine towns of east TN to drive the hillbilly highway to the Midwest where factories were sprouting up like weeds in every corn field. I lived it. Don't need to read a revisionist historian's account of it. I remember when and where I was during the Bay of Pigs, the JFK/Bobby assassinations, the incursion into Vietnam, etc. I also remember the benefits of that time as well.

America turned its back on what made it great by politicians and elites sidetracking us into all things Vietnam and Middle East. Globalism crept in, which has led to elites controlling world economies and the people. They give you what they want you to have, just enough to keep you from pushing back hard. They are not your friends, they use you for what they gain.

However, America is built on We the People. Returning our economy to Main Street instead of Wall Street is what this is about. It benefits the entire world when they join forces with this as is happening with the targeted trade pacts. There have been and will be multiple forces attack to derail or destroy the effort, such as the orchestrated short selling in the markets we have seen lately at the same time the China Virus is being breathlessly promoted by the media. This is both political and globalist centered with attempts to derail the reset to keep the wealthy elites in control. Be sure the virus is real as is their desire to turn control back to their ways. However, they will fail because people enjoy freedom and most do not mind working for what they get if they see clear paths to success and achievement. Hence, global economic reset is happening in the open sight of everybody. Those who prepare themselves for it using their talents and hard work will benefit the most.

Wish i could genuinely say, "back to football." Oh well...

Apparently GM and Ford are getting ready to start making ventilators in order to help the shortage.

Also, This virus has brought about something else, the realization that dependency on China for goods may not be in the best interest of other countries. (Hopefully this brings about more factories and jobs in the US)

China is currently fighting a new strain of the Avian Flu on top of the New Corona Virus. (The amount of new viruses that come out of China is staggering)

The issue here is that MANY knew this. Companies just wanted to keep getting their cheap labor while still selling at a nice profit. I may be wrong on this, but I'm not buying the whole "We can't stay alive if we move our production back to the US unless we greatly increase our prices" narrative by some companies.

Well guys the stinking corn hole virus shutting down the big 3 automotive company's have had the trickle down effect on us suppliers. We are down starting at midnight Friday until further notice. I will be fine, but many others will struggle Im sure. They are hoping that we may resume first of April, but not sure.
I actually haul said parts and they told us we were at minimum out of work til at least the 27th. Since they’d said to us that the factories would likely not fire back up for production in the north til the 30th. But it’s not super clear but right now.

Reactions: quadlee21
So all non-essential businesses are closing and a mandatory 24 hour quarantine for 2 weeks. Trump press conference. A buddy of mine told me that this morning.

The issue here is that MANY knew this. Companies just wanted to keep getting their cheap labor while still selling at a nice profit. I may be wrong on this, but I'm not buying the whole "We can't stay alive if we move our production back to the US unless we greatly increase our prices" narrative by some companies.

I am a US based electronics manufacturer. We have looked at outsourcing some components to China/Taiwan from time to time, but in our experience, Asia isn't as competitive as it used to be. As their economy has grown, wages and other expenses have increased. I think it can still be cheaper, but it's not like it once was.

We source our plastic from a US company that is a joint venture between a large Chinese company and their US partner. They cut the molds in China, but do all production locally. It works very well for us and they are possibly more cost effective for us than buying from China.

Repatriation of manufacturing is possible for some markets and it's already happening. We are actually hoping to expand our manufacturing to be a part of that, but not sure how COVID-19 is going to affect that.

I am a US based electronics manufacturer. We have looked at outsourcing some components to China/Taiwan from time to time, but in our experience, Asia isn't as competitive as it used to be. As their economy has grown, wages and other expenses have increased. I think it can still be cheaper, but it's not like it once was.

We source our plastic from a US company that is a joint venture between a large Chinese company and their US partner. They cut the molds in China, but do all production locally. It works very well for us and they are possibly more cost effective for us than buying from China.

Repatriation of manufacturing is possible for some markets and it's already happening. We are actually hoping to expand our manufacturing to be a part of that, but not sure how COVID-19 is going to affect that.

Oh, definitely. I realize my statement was a blanket statement. I'm sure it is a very dynamic situation.

With all my siblings here at moms just waiting on the inevitable...she actually stopped breathing for several seconds about an hour ago but her will to live is just so strong...the hospice folks were here earlier today, and there was a few minutes then when we thought she was down to it also (awesome awesome awesome people by the way!) and they are shocked that she is still hanging in..

What happened is that when my stepdad passed in Nov 2017, she went through a very rough few months that she was ready to go herself, but then she really decided that she wanted to go on living...so when this cancer came on last year, it is almost like it made her mad more than scared..she told me three weeks ago that she was not afraid to go if that is what God wants, but she really wanted to live. She told me to really live the rest of my life, and to enjoy every moment.

Anyway...it should not be much longer...but..
You may want to hold her hand and let her know that it's ok for her to let go. Reassure her that everyone is going to be ok. She may be worried about what happen to the family when she leaves. We said this to my brother and it seemed to help him at the end. Just a thought. God bless bud.

We sure can, if we pay people dirt cheap wages, no health benefits, etc. I don't see the benefit.

Manufacturing will follow wages. It is moving away from China and into India and soon Africa. Diversifying where goods come from is a nice hedge, but bringing back simple manufacturing will only happen if accompanied with automation/robotics or slave labor.

Reactions: captainfalcon777
There are some sources who are reportedly researchers who claim there's a sequence in the genome(hope I stated that correctly) that does not occur in the wild. They feel certain the genome was manipulated in a lab. So is it a perfect storm and a virus mutates and jumps to pandemic status or is it a biologic weapon either accidentally or deliberately released by china with or without deep state approval/cooperation? The timing(election year) and impact on the economy(recession) are just a little too convenient. Tin hatters and conspiracy theorists really wanna know.
screenshot16094.jpg
I believe that's pretty far fetched. Just waiting on the UFO people to come in with their theory next. Have a great day.

Reactions: Devo182

Bingo. People talking about Chinese hegemony in manufacturing are talking 10 years ago. Their prosperity means higher wages and lost exports. You could be right that this could bring some work back, but I'm personally expecting MNCs to simply look to find the "next China".

Bingo. People talking about Chinese hegemony in manufacturing are talking 10 years ago. Their prosperity means higher wages and lost exports. You could be right that this could bring some work back, but I'm personally expecting MNCs to simply look to find the "next China".

I agree. It'll be some of each.

This started with the trade war. COVID-19 has just reinforced those lessons. I would expect the gov to do a critical review and determine which things to emphasize with tax incentives. At the very least we should be broadly diversifying supply. Having one bunch of folk control the supply of critical stuff (drugs, electronics, rare earth metals, etc) is big dumb.

I hesitated to post this, as it may sound a bit tone deaf in the current environment. But I decided to post anyway to hopefully encourage some folks that only see the bleakness in all of this.

My contract work from the Fall ended recently. I knew ahead of time, obviously, and have been applying for jobs the past couple months in anticipation. I am trying to stay in the same area, as the wife's business has clients here that she needs to see. Well, I hadn't heard a single thing in nearly 2 months and started to lose hope. With COVID fear raging, I really started to lose hope even moreso.

Well, I finally got a callback 2 days ago from one of my top prospects I had applied with. In 2 days it went from an initial call, to a phone interview the next day, to an in-person interview, and meeting the whole department team today. Maybe I still don't land the job, but that isn't the point. The point is they are still hiring and hiring aggressively. They are actually hiring multiple people due to huge growth.

So, hopefully what some will get from this is the world continues to turn and this economy won't be held down long-term from a short-term blip. I know things are tough for many at the moment and I hope we take care of them, but this country will keep chugging along as long as we all do as individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back