Tennessee DL Darel Middleton was arrested this morning on two charges.

I’m a student right now and other students have gotten kicked out for far less than shoving a woman onto the ground during a drunken fight
OK. Maybe you can do what the other guy couldn't. Can you point us to some proof for that statement? What student or incident and when did it occur? The other guy went and found some dismissals in December. All were much worse than this scuffle... things like rape and stalking with assault.

I’m a student right now and other students have gotten kicked out for far less than shoving a woman onto the ground during a drunken fight
Simple solution my man, be 6’7 300 and it won’t happen. Simple problem, simple solution.

Yeah, but can those other students stuff a 310lb guard and sack a QB? Hell, no.

OK. Maybe you can do what the other guy couldn't. Can you point us to some proof for that statement? What student or incident and when did it occur? The other guy went and found some dismissals in December. All were much worse than this scuffle... things like rape and stalking with assault.
I can’t, and I understand you not trusting anonymous online testimony. I know that it has happened but I don’t know how to prove it without disclosing names which I’m not wont to do. Again I’m not asking you to believe me because I understand why you wouldn’t, I’m just truthfully telling you what I’ve seen. And I wasn’t even trying to make any point, Pruitt has handled disciplinary cases well so far, I trust he’ll make the right call here. Which direction that is I wouldn’t know, since none of us know what really happened. So making a harsh stay or go assessment either way is foolish imo. I do think it’s unfair to brand folks who want him dismissed for something like this as “virtue signalers” or “SJWs”, as there’s no reason to think those posters don’t just want our athletes to be great representatives of the school, which is a reasonable expectation to have. Similarly people who want him to stay aren’t automatically win at all costs monster, most I’m sure just care deeply about making sure a young man doesn’t have his future tarnished when he may not be deserving of that in their eyes. Sorry for all the words

I can’t, and I understand you not trusting anonymous online testimony. I know that it has happened but I don’t know how to prove it without disclosing names which I’m not wont to do. Again I’m not asking you to believe me because I understand why you wouldn’t, I’m just truthfully telling you what I’ve seen. And I wasn’t even trying to make any point, Pruitt has handled disciplinary cases well so far, I trust he’ll make the right call here. Which direction that is I wouldn’t know, since none of us know what really happened. So making a harsh stay or go assessment either way is foolish imo. I do think it’s unfair to brand folks who want him dismissed for something like this as “virtue signalers” or “SJWs”, as there’s no reason to think those posters don’t just want our athletes to be great representatives of the school, which is a reasonable expectation to have. Similarly people who want him to stay aren’t automatically win at all costs monster, most I’m sure just care deeply about making sure a young man doesn’t have his future tarnished when he may not be deserving of that in their eyes. Sorry for all the words
Good post.

I'm responsible for a significant business and a fairly large team of employees. I'm not particularly tolerant.... but I don't drop the hammer on good employees for making one error even if its serious. Mostly you should look for patterns of behavior which is why I've repeatedly said that if this is no more than we know from the reports then he shouldn't be booted. He got drunk and got in a scuffle. It isn't what you want from any student. It isn't something you accept. He needs to face punishment. But IMO based on what we know... kicking him off the team is not a punishment befitting the crime.

PS- just by your tone you are more credible than the other guy. I wasn't looking for names... specifics of the incident would do. Again, I'm looking for something that parallels this. As far as we know, this is his first incident and no one was serious injured.

PSS- a SJW would blame this on white privilege and demand that all be forgiven without any accountability.

Come on man! The girl friend will change her story, and do it soon, sure he had a few drinks, but when the police got to him he wasn't driving, sooo, and the "fight" between his girl friend and her other male friend, may have been self defense, or just to kids rough-housing. I'm sure CJP will find spend time with him, do his own phycological review, and come up with a plan to rehab this player, they way only a coach/shrink is able to do, then he'll be ready to play for UT again! It's possible where this kid is from, a lot of "fights" take place, with this in mind, we shouldn't judge his actions! We should be happy his arrest video isn't national news! CJP will get this matter all cleared up in a week or so, don't worry.

I’m pretty sure he’s a 5th year senior that was held back a grade. Hes not that young.
Now, Now, just a moment, remember if a grown man (according to the law), 18+ years old (18-24) plays for UT, he is not a grown man anymore, he is just a kid. I have been reminded of this by a number of posters. When I bring up how old our military MEN are, it is quickly pointed out, if you join the military (or were drafted) you are instantly a man, but if you play for the VOLS you stay a kid...just remember that.

I can’t like this post enough. So true. And so ridiculous to see the armchairs opining on what should be done without knowing all of the facts.

Another thing. Just because an allegation is made...does not make it automatically true. It doesn’t mean it’s false, either. It just means that investigations are important before making decisions.
Even if it is true, as long as something$$ changes the minds of the "victims", this will go away, it will work out, don't worry.

He got drunk, was fighting with one of his buddies. Girlfriend tried to break it up, and he shoved her.
He’s certainly not innocent, but situations like this get amplified when a kid is 6’7, and 300+ pounds.
This young kid (24 years old) told his girlfriend he was sorry, damn, what more do you people want? You want to ruin his life? Just because he knocked the crap out of some guy, and shoved his girl friend down a couple of times? I'm sure CJP will fix this-make it go away-and that'll be that.

Now, Now, just a moment, remember if a grown man (according to the law), 18+ years old (18-24) plays for UT, he is not a grown man anymore, he is just a kid. I have been reminded of this by a number of posters. When I bring up how old our military MEN are, it is quickly pointed out, if you join the military (or were drafted) you are instantly a man, but if you play for the VOLS you stay a kid...just remember that.
1583214951841.gif

This young kid (24 years old) told his girlfriend he was sorry, damn, what more do you people want? You want to ruin his life? Just because he knocked the crap out of some guy, and shoved his girl friend down a couple of times? I'm sure CJP will fix this-make it go away-and that'll be that.
1583215003428.gif

Bummer. He'll have to pay his dues.

Could suck if he misses an extended time away from S&C and training.

There are varying degrees of domestic assault. Hopefully it wasn't anything on the more violent end of the spectrum. (none should be condoned or accepted though).
One thing nobody is pointing out, it could be his girlfriend is a huge-beast of a woman, she may have started throwing some fists-maybe where she grew up, it was common for females to street fight.

This kid will be on the team and some of you will just have to be mad or go cry.
Dang right-he'd have to do a lot more than this, maybe several times, before we should throw him off the team, geeeez, some guys just don't seem to care about winning, CJP has us on a roll- a NATY is just around the corner-coach can fix this thing.

Reactions: BreatheUT
The most important thing is Darel has already issued a very well written apology, and has stated he'll seek alcohol rehab, I'm sure this should be enough, if the girl friend ($$$) does not want to press any charges, and other man friend doesn't ($$$) press any charges-then CJP has this thing by the horns-let the good times roll.

I say suspend him for the O&W game and make him do a bunch of community service and anger management classes. He'll learn from this and be a better man for it.
How about, have him issue a written statement-you know the one (where he says how sorry he is-etc.) then have him state he needs alcohol rehab, finally get the other two to change their minds$$$-problem solved.

Reactions: NATHAN05

VN Store

Back