Tennessee DL Darel Middleton was arrested this morning on two charges.

Public intoxication and domestic assault... If I’m Pruitt I ask him to tell me straight up if this is true or not. If it’s true then he’s gone. We need guys that are dedicated to winning and this does not help us win. Have to make an example out of someone and we want guys that aren’t going to compromise our mission.

I say suspend him for the O&W game and make him do a bunch of community service and anger management classes. He'll learn from this and be a better man for it.
There’s just so much more to it than we will ever know...which is the problem with incident reports that go public.

It is what it is, and will be what it will be.

I say suspend him for the O&W game and make him do a bunch of community service and anger management classes. He'll learn from this and be a better man for it.

Why would we prescribe that without knowing what he did? Domestic assault denotes assault of some sort upon a female. If that's the case, he can go be a better man for another team; we have to have some standards.

I wish someone could do brain surgery on these young men. Surgery that instilled in these guys the can of paint they pour over their heads contaminates them for life. Even after it has faded to a duller shade years later. It has to be surgically installed because just telling them nor showing them proof of others' experiences doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbh and Sara Clark
Some of these KIDS do the dumbest things.I know that they are young and immature at times but come on. Just behave and put in the work then get paid.

Reactions: AM64 and Sara Clark
Why would we prescribe that without knowing what he did? Domestic assault denotes assault of some sort upon a female. If that's the case, he can go be a better man for another team; we have to have some standards.

You are not woke enough to realize that Tennessee is the only place that he can get a 2nd chance. Don't fret the "you don't know what you are talking about" crowd will be along soon.

You are not woke enough to realize that Tennessee is the only place that he can get a 2nd chance. Don't fret the "you don't know what you are talking about" crowd will be along soon.

I should have qualified that domestic assault can be a number of things. He may not have beaten her silly, or beat her at all; it could be unlawful restraint or some other forceful act, but none of them are good. He has an extremely narrow window under which he *might* do penance and remain at UT.

The absolute best outcome is that the claim is found to be fabricated.

There’s just so much more to it than we will ever know...which is the problem with incident reports that go public.

It is what it is, and will be what it will be.

I can’t like this post enough. So true. And so ridiculous to see the armchairs opining on what should be done without knowing all of the facts.

Another thing. Just because an allegation is made...does not make it automatically true. It doesn’t mean it’s false, either. It just means that investigations are important before making decisions.

In Tennessee, domestic assault is basically a category of assault that has a specific type of victim. It's a domestic assault when it's committed against someone who is a:

• Current or former spouse;
  • Cohabitant;
  • Dating or sexual partner;
  • Blood or adoptive relative;
  • Current or former relative by marriage; or
  • Adult or minor child of any of the above individuals.
Abusers can also be charged with any other crimes they commit against the same current or former partner and family member victim(s), including rape, child abuse, child neglect, child endangerment, or false imprisonment.

Bummer. He'll have to pay his dues.

Could suck if he misses an extended time away from S&C and training.

There are varying degrees of domestic assault. Hopefully it wasn't anything on the more violent end of the spectrum. (none should be condoned or accepted though).

Reactions: Flovol

VN Store

Back