Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

You do know that he allowed, or his admin, to over rule the CDC on flights back here right? I don’t care that he is pissed now. It’s his admin. He runs the show.

Those were career employees making the decision..most likely benefactors of a hiring initiative which explains about 99% of the stupid decisions made in lower level government.

Reactions: AM64 and BigOrangeD
Total fear mongering. What else about the Spanish Flu epidemic of 1918 is comparable at this point?

I'm simply saying mortality rate looks to be in the same league. Given the state of medicine now, this may be more inherently virulent than the Spanish Flu, although we are probably better at combatting outbreaks now.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
No natural immunity after infection or not actually cured?

Seeing reports that the reinfection rate after “recovery” is running at about 14% in China.
2nd infection appears pretty fatal with heart failure due to organ damage from the 1st infection and an inability of using the same medications. This bears further watching globally.

We have absolutely no clue how bad the numbers actually are. We can estimate an R0 of between 3 and 4. That's pretty damn infectious. It Has a 20-30 times worse case fatality rate than the flu. We still know hardly anything about the virus. Nobody on earth has been able to build any sort of immunity to it since it is brand new. Has an asymptomatic incubation period of possibly 24 days. There's a lot of things that point to this being worse than the flu. Panic or don't. That's up to you. But it is absolutely something to be taken seriously.

It's been in a more developed country, Italy, for at least a week or more by now. I think we are getting a better idea.

Reactions: BigOrangeD
No natural immunity after infection or not actually cured?

Seeing reports that the reinfection rate after “recovery” is running at about 14% in China.
2nd infection appears pretty fatal with heart failure due to organ damage from the 1st infection and an inability of using the same medications. This bears further watching globally.

At this point, I wouldnt trust any Chinese numbers. Good or bad.

I'm simply saying mortality rate looks to be in the same league. Given the state of medicine now, this may be more inherently virulent than the Spanish Flu, although we are probably better at combatting outbreaks now.
Probably.

Spanish flu killed some of its victims within 12 hours of symptoms appearing.

Has nothing to do with Trump.

The request was for links to articles, not links to Trump.

That said, Trump 'owns' his administration, the State Department and decisions made by it. Much like you you undoubtedly love to blame Obama for running guns in the Fast n' Furious scandal, Obama wasn't packing crates and driving box trucks - but his people did.

Reactions: volfanhill
Y'all should be able to reconcile the ideas that "we're probably going to be OK" and "this type of ineptitude is how a disease can get out of control".

The request was for links to articles, not links to Trump.

That said, Trump 'owns' his administration, the State Department and decisions made by it. Much like you you undoubtedly love to blame Obama for running guns in the Fast n' Furious scandal, Obama wasn't packing crates and driving box trucks - but his people did.
Obama knew the guns were going across.
Trump had no idea they put sick and nonsick on the same plane untill after.

You want to express outrage, do it towards the DA Chinese that released this stuff.

Last edited:
Frankly, my dear........I'm so tired of hearing about this virus 24/7 I need a trip to nowhere land w/no communications from the outside world. The only thing I want to hear about next is when the big comet will likely to hit earth & it kills us all.
200.gif

Frankly, my dear........I'm so tired of hearing about this virus 24/7 I need a trip to nowhere land w/no communications from the outside world. The only thing I want to hear about next is when the big comet will likely hit earth & it kills us all.

You should fly to China. Their people aren't allowed to talk about COVID.

VN Store

Back