'20 FL DE Morven Joseph (UT SIGNEE)

Looks like he can be a helluva OLB. Landing him definitely softens the blow of not getting Ojulari.

His initial burst getting off the line is elite. I also like how he accelerates into tackles and gets there violently.

Hoping he can put on 25-35 pounds and keep his quickness.

Looks like he can be a helluva OLB. Landing him definitely softens the blow of not getting Ojulari.

His initial burst getting off the line is elite. I also like how he accelerates into tackles and gets there violently.

Hoping he can put on 25-35 pounds and keep his quickness.

He's already about 230. He'll all play LB positions. I think Pruitt wants to see someone take charge next to Henry To'oto'o.
If JJ Peterson isn't ready now, then he won't ever be.

Joseph will be learning ILB first. If you look at his film he's playing at DE, OLB, and ILB. He's s stud that won't redshirt.

I thought he was because I thought I read it. I don’t know what his height/weight.
He is undersized right now even for 3-4 OLB...long and lean...think Maggitt or Taylor as freshman, but he is a little more developed physically than they were at this point. He will be a beast rush OLB in time...extremely explosive.

Last edited:
When Pruitt coached Alabama's defense, Tim Williams absolutely killed us (and everyone else). He used him off the edge, dropped in coverage, and standing up at times.

Pruitt's been looking for that guy since he's been here, and I think Morven, Crouch, and Harrison are all going to get looks in that role this year.

Morven reminds me so much of Tim Williams and that's a compliment.

When Pruitt coached Alabama's defense, Tim Williams absolutely killed us (and everyone else). He used him off the edge, dropped in coverage, and standing up at times.

Pruitt's been looking for that guy since he's been here, and I think Morven, Crouch, and Harrison are all going to get looks in that role this year.

Tim Williams is a great comparison. I’m even more excited about him now.

We are brewing up something special. Not sure if Morven is an EE, but Spring game should be packed.

Here are the players with the best chance to be key contributors and make an immediate impact as true freshmen.

5. Morven Joseph, edge rusher
Like Baron, Joseph could be an impact player, and the Vols are short on those at outside linebacker. The former Florida State commit was one of two Vols’ signees they landed after Willie Taggart was fired. The Vols held off Florida and Florida State to pull the four-star talent out of the Sunshine State, and the 6-foot-2, 220-pounder can provide some major speed off the edge. Last year at Lake Gibson, he made 115 tackles and 28 tackles for loss. This recruiting staff loves winning and production, and Joseph did a lot of that in his high school career. He may have to add some weight, but Joseph is capable of cracking the rotation immediately.
-Ubben

VN Store

Back