'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

Gray is going to be good regardless. He needs 15-20 pounds, but other than that I’m not worried about his production. But the rest of our stable of running backs, including Chandler, do not wow anyone. Hopefully either Whitehead or Hodge or even Banks can be that short yardage hammer and Gray will get the bulk of the carries with Chandler and Jordan spelling him some. All of this assuming we don’t land Evans. If we do, obviously that changes things, but I’d say more so cutting into Chandler, Jordan and Fils Aimes carries more so than Eric Grays. I think he will be a stud regardless of what Evans decides. It would be a good problem to have though. All that to say I think Gray, with some added weight, has what it takes to be an all-timer type player at tailback for us.

Gray is going to be good regardless. He needs 15-20 pounds, but other than that I’m not worried about his production. But the rest of our stable of running backs, including Chandler, do not wow anyone. Hopefully either Whitehead or Hodge or even Banks can be that short yardage hammer and Gray will get the bulk of the carries with Chandler and Jordan spelling him some. All of this assuming we don’t land Evans. If we do, obviously that changes things, but I’d say more so cutting into Chandler, Jordan and Fils Aimes carries more so than Eric Grays. I think he will be a stud regardless of what Evans decides. It would be a good problem to have though. All that to say I think Gray, with some added weight, has what it takes to be an all-timer type player at tailback for us.
Dobbins at OSU looked like a slow, uninspired player his first couple years. This past year he became a completely different player and might be a first rounder. I’m hoping chandler does something similar. He’s got the talent

Reactions: Devo182
Its all about confidence and vision. Hitting the hole hard, knowing it will be there, then work your moves in the second level

Dobbins at OSU looked like a slow, uninspired player his first couple years. This past year he became a completely different player and might be a first rounder. I’m hoping chandler does something similar. He’s got the talent
The OL is finally there to give him big opportunities.

Reactions: scvolfan7
Banks hasn’t proven to be anymore than depth at this point. Limited.
You were saying Eric Gray couldnt play about 2 weeks before the Candy game too.

Forgive me if I question your ability to evaluate talent.

I use my eyeball. Not the stat sheet. And the kid is a legit SEC linebacker.

Its all about confidence and vision. Hitting the hole hard, knowing it will be there, then work your moves in the second level
And not running into 2nd level defenders on purpose 🤣 that is something they have actually had to coach Jordan and Chandler on. They were even worst about it in 2018. Wiiide open half of the field and Jordan would go barreling into a single defender and gain 0 extra yards. Or could have run around him or juked for a 60 yd TD.

Hopefully coaching keeps the RB room doing the smart little things.

Chandler and Jordan have been average and are upper classmen. Fils-Aimee has been a non-factor. The 2 freshmen are promising but still unproven. Elite talent is worth the trouble.

Am I the only one who has liked the little bit we have seen from Fils-Aimee?

Not sure what he does in practice but when I've seen him on the field he runs fast and hard. Surprised we haven't tried to get him more touches.

Chandler and Jordan have been average and are upper classmen. Fils-Aimee has been a non-factor. The 2 freshmen are promising but still unproven. Elite talent is worth the trouble.
Not disagreeing with your overall point, but Chandler has been above average, despite the narrative, at least as far as recent UT running backs go.

In the past decade, only 1 regular RB has eclipsed his career 4.95 YPC production. Some guy named Alvin Kamara. And Chandler still has a senior season to add to what he has already done.

Am I the only one who has liked the little bit we have seen from Fils-Aimee?

Not sure what he does in practice but when I've seen him on the field he runs fast and hard. Surprised we haven't tried to get him more touches.
YES. I have always wanted to see more carries from him. Especially on jet sweeps. He has been sneaky productive when actually given the ball.

A mere 38 carries over 2017 and 2018, but 251 yards. That is 6.6 yards per carry...granted against middle-lower competition...but even against top comp he was decent.

Reactions: gainesvol82

VN Store

Back