Da Reds thread

Dodgers have a deal with Boston for Betts and a 3rd team is involved. I wonder if it could be the Reds for Seager?

Dodgers have a deal with Boston for Betts and a 3rd team is involved. I wonder if it could be the Reds for Seager?
It was the Twins

Yes, it was the Twins as Z said. Krall was quoted today as saying they have nothing else on the burner. They are going to wait awhile to see how it all shakes out before making any moves unless another club comes to them with a deal they like.

Reds Reporter said Senzel and Votto reported early. Senzel is taking full rips at it in the batting cage and looks fully recovered. He has gone back to his original stance/approach. Much ado about nothing, he'll be ready for opening day it appears.

Surprisingly, big Sal cleared waivers and was sent to Louisville. This is good news. 98 MPH fastball pitchers don't grow on trees and Sal has good long reliever potential IMO.

Signed Dietrich to a minor league deal with an invite to spring training. Like the move really, if he some how wins a job than great he is one of those guys that can play every where if not than he adds some vet presence to Louisville. If he doesn't get a big league spot I really hope we bring him up in our first series against the Pirates just for the laughs.

Signed Dietrich to a minor league deal with an invite to spring training. Like the move really, if he some how wins a job than great he is one of those guys that can play every where if not than he adds some vet presence to Louisville. If he doesn't get a big league spot I really hope we bring him up in our first series against the Pirates just for the laughs.

That bum shoulder killed his season. Hopefully it is healed because DD can be a great guy in the clubhouse and coming off the bench. Really versatile.

Did you see that Senzel is full bore in CF and is taking reps at 2B? Suarez will be eased back into it after his surgery, so Moose may start the season at 3B. Opens the door for Nick at 2B and Shogo to start in CF. It is so nice to have bonafide big league options now. Bell has to be a happy guy with a full toolbox.

That bum shoulder killed his season. Hopefully it is healed because DD can be a great guy in the clubhouse and coming off the bench. Really versatile.

Did you see that Senzel is full bore in CF and is taking reps at 2B? Suarez will be eased back into it after his surgery, so Moose may start the season at 3B. Opens the door for Nick at 2B and Shogo to start in CF. It is so nice to have bonafide big league options now. Bell has to be a happy guy with a full toolbox.

Not sure I'd like that honestly. I just wish we'd leave Nick at one spot and really I hope we don't rush him back either. If Suarez can't go to start the season I'd honestly platoon DD/Farmer or some other combo at 2nd.

Not sure I'd like that honestly. I just wish we'd leave Nick at one spot and really I hope we don't rush him back either. If Suarez can't go to start the season I'd honestly platoon DD/Farmer or some other combo at 2nd.

Bell might drive you crazy this season. They are planning on moving guys around to multiple positions with all kinds of defensive shifts and batting orders.

We have a lot of options this year if needed...

OF is over loaded big time
1B- Votto/DD/Castellanos
2B- Moose/Senzel/Blandino
SS- Galvis/Blandino
3B- Suarez/Moose/Farmer
C- Barnhardt/Farmer/Casali

Reactions: Vols4us
86773319_10157855069139318_4437878196720893952_n.jpg

DD will make $2 million if he makes the roster and will have $1.15 in incentives. He can request his release if he is not on the roster by March 20th.

VN Store

Back