Da Reds thread

Not done yet in the OF. Per MLBTR they are still in it for Ozuna - Cards, Reds and Rangers.

Shogo is flying to the States today I believe. I expect an official announcement this week if his physical is a go.

It's official with Shogo - 3/$21 M. So that last minute negotiating was true. Looks to be in a corner OF spot and back up to Senzel in CF currently.

Cards going after Arenado. If that trade happens it may signal the Rockies will consider moving Story to start a rebuild. Reds inquired about him several weeks back.

Not saying we should do it but Zack Cozart was DFA. I wouldn't mind bringing him back on minor league deal with an invite to spring training.

Lindor deal is dead per Tito. Thank goodness, did not want to mortgage the future on one guy. Talking with FA Brock "Star" Holt, who would be a good move as he already is the Swiss Army knife that VanMeter wants to be and plays a lot of SS. Makes for a nice rotation of Moose, Galvis and Brock Star in the middle of the IF - all three of which can hit. Hope they pull it off.

I will give the Reds credit they are certainly trying to get guys, doesn't mean we got them all but at least we're trying.

I will give the Reds credit they are certainly trying to get guys, doesn't mean we got them all but at least we're trying.

Seems to be a major shift in approach in the FO/ownership. Hope it continues. An OF with Castellanos, Shogo and Senzel starting would seem to be really special. Castellanos was not as bad on D as has been stated - he improved. But with Shogo and Senzel out there they could shade toward LF to cover for his lack of range to get his bat in the line-up. Hope it happens.

Reds leading charge for Castellanos (source)

We're apparently now the front runner for Castellanos. Now I'm wondering what the game plan is for all of the OFers we have.

With that glut probably another deal in the works - maybe for a SS. If this happens, the OF/batting order has definitely been upgraded. Cards fans are already starting to moan, whine and deflect.

We signed him to a reported 4 year/$60 million deal with opt outs per Jon Heyman. So now I guess its time to start speculating if a trade for a better SS is in play? My guess is Aquino gets sent down and Winker/Ervin are trade bait guys. I'm sure the budget is probably spent but I would still like to add one more piece to the bull pen if we could. I wouldn't mind signing a guy like Jeremy Jeffress from the Brewers who has had success with Derek Johnson in the past.

Edit: apparently he has an opt out after year one which is weird.

We signed him to a reported 4 year/$60 million deal with opt outs per Jon Heyman. So now I guess its time to start speculating if a trade for a better SS is in play? My guess is Aquino gets sent down and Winker/Ervin are trade bait guys. I'm sure the budget is probably spent but I would still like to add one more piece to the bull pen if we could. I wouldn't mind signing a guy like Jeremy Jeffress from the Brewers who has had success with Derek Johnson in the past.

We both are watching the wires. lol.

Winker/Ervin is a really nice carrot to go with a farm prospect to land a quality SS IMO. I have to think the FO already has a potential trade coming together with the Castellanos signing. Good suggestion on Jeffress. I think they are deferring to DJ on a lot of pitching moves, which is wise. That guy can flat out coach 'em up.

Season ticket sales are going to go through the roof...

We both are watching the wires. lol.

Winker/Ervin is a really nice carrot to go with a farm prospect to land a quality SS IMO. I have to think the FO already has a potential trade coming together with the Castellanos signing. Good suggestion on Jeffress. I think they are deferring to DJ on a lot of pitching moves, which is wise. That guy can flat out coach 'em up.

Season ticket sales are going to go through the roof...

Heyman said he is hearing that the Reds are shopping Senzel...

My guess is if we trade Nick who is going to play center? Most experts said Shogo has lost a step or two and couldn't play CF full-time and was slotted for a corner outfield slot.

He has two opt outs after the first two years. So knowing that I wonder if that changes the thinking on trading someone? It would truly suck to trade Senzel and than lose Castellanos back to back.

He has two opt outs after the first two years. So knowing that I wonder if that changes the thinking on trading someone? It would truly suck to trade Senzel and than lose Castellanos back to back.

Agree. I still doubt they trade Senzel. If they were going to do that it would have been for Lindor. So unless that is back on and they get the Indians CF'er - it doesn't make much sense. Senzel is still a "prospect", not a proven commodity and he is coming off an injury. It doesn't have to be Lindor - just a top, proven SS before they would move him.

Suarez with minor cartilage damage surgery on a shoulder. Pool accident at home. Will slow him down in ST, but probably be OK when the season starts. Rehab will start by next week.

We signed Pedro for 1 year/$1.825 million with the following incentives:

$25,000 for 45 games pitched
$50,000 for each 50, 55 and 60 games pitched
$100,000 for each 65, 70 and 75 games pitched
$200,000 for 40 games finished
$250,000 for each 45, 50, 55 and 60 games finished.

Strop is exactly the type of pen signing I was hoping they could do.

Admire the FO for going for the ring this season. Will see how it goes, but they have done about all they could do.

Reactions: GordonC
Strop is exactly the type of pen signing I was hoping they could do.

Admire the FO for going for the ring this season. Will see how it goes, but they have done about all they could do.

Now if we can upgrade the SS position and possibly add Brock Holt I'll be happy.

Reactions: Vols4us
Now if we can upgrade the SS position and possibly add Brock Holt I'll be happy.

Got to think at some point there's a trade with those OF'ers in play as trade chips. Not likely for Lindor, but maybe somebody else.

VN Store

Back