Da Reds thread

I think DJ knows how to improve that issue and Miley overall. I'm sure he and others reviewed video on him from last year before endorsing. Buys a little time until Mahle is fully ready along with Bauer and Disco being FA's at the end of the season. They need to get SS and other positions addressed now.

Not sure Mahle will ever amount to being a MLB level SP, he flashes potential but maybe a move to the pen would be better? Anyway my final wish list either via trade or FA is:

SS (like you said)
Bullpen arm/s
OF/Center Fielder

I really would like them to add Shogo Akiyama. ESPN is saying he has an offer in hand for a two year deal/$8 from a team but his side wants a 3 year deal in the $5-6 million per year. It would allow us some flexibility with Senzel at center and also open the door for more Japanese talent to potentially come to Cincy in the future. Apparently he has to sign by tomorrow or stay in Japan.

Not sure Mahle will ever amount to being a MLB level SP, he flashes potential but maybe a move to the pen would be better? Anyway my final wish list either via trade or FA is:

SS (like you said)
Bullpen arm/s
OF/Center Fielder

I really would like them to add Shogo Akiyama. ESPN is saying he has an offer in hand for a two year deal/$8 from a team but his side wants a 3 year deal in the $5-6 million per year. It would allow us some flexibility with Senzel at center and also open the door for more Japanese talent to potentially come to Cincy in the future. Apparently he has to sign by tomorrow or stay in Japan.

Cross our fingers on Shogo. Agree on the positions of need. I think that's where they ought to go with Mahle - long relief. Another season against MLB hitting in a role like that will prepare him to be a SP.

Read that Miley figured out what happened with his September downturn. Rosenthal did a story The Athletic about it. He was tipping his pitches with his glove. He would hold it one way for off speed stuff and another way with his fastball and cutter. He started overcompensating and just lost it. A player told him after the season and he went back on the tape and verified it. DJ would catch something like that. So he may be better than expected next season.

Per MLBTR the org's exploring a deal with the Indians again. They are seeing what it will cost to grab Lindor for SS. He will cost them around $16.7 mill in arbitration for this season and will have a final year of arbitration if they do not sign him to a longer term deal. He's only 26, so I would think they would try hard to get it done. MLBTR pointed out that the Indians have worked well with the org on a three team deal with the Bauer trade, so they may have a shot at it.

Will not get my hopes up, but getting him without losing a major piece of the future would be huge.

Senzel is apparently the top candidate from the Reds and I'm not sure how to feel about that and not just because he is a Tennessee guy. I really believe Nick will be an above average MLBer if he could get back into the infield.

Reactions: Vols4us
Senzel is apparently the top candidate from the Reds and I'm not sure how to feel about that and not just because he is a Tennessee guy. I really believe Nick will be an above average MLBer if he could get back into the infield.

Agree - I can see moving India, but not Senzel. He's going back to his old batting style and is too useful in CF now with the versatility of playing 3rd, 2nd and corner OF. I expect him to continue to improve and be a catalyst at bat.

Agree - I can see moving India, but not Senzel. He's going back to his old batting style and is too useful in CF now with the versatility of playing 3rd, 2nd and corner OF. I expect him to continue to improve and be a catalyst at bat.

Then you’re not getting Lindor

I guess the question is do you give up six years of team control with Senzel for potentially two years of Lindor? He is going to command a huge contract as a free agent in 2022 (one I don't see the Reds paying). Supposedly DeShields kid might be included in the package too.

Reactions: Vols4us
If getting Lindor takes Senzel and India then I'm moving them in a heartbeat. Love Nick but he's looks like he could be injury prone in his career and in Lindor you get a great clubhouse guy and and another elite player.

Dear Lord please!!

80626205_10162856620755385_471676052930822144_o.jpg

Dear Lord please!!

80626205_10162856620755385_471676052930822144_o.jpg

Wow. Going all in on right now it appears.

IMO Indians win that trade long term if it happens. That's a serious core of prospects plus Galvis. Senzel may or may not be injury prone, too early to know. We do know he is a .280-.300 hitter with speed and strong D skills as he goes back to his proven hitting style. Get nothing on O with DeShields, just good D in CF. Have to fork out $25 mill a season to keep Lindor in two years unless they can strike a $20 mill multi-year deal between now and then. I guess they figure Votto will be done by then to counter it or just burn it down and start over. Moose will be in decline by then. Winker has yet to prove he can hit against LH pitching and is definitely proven to be injury prone. AA is totally unproven. Catching is suspect - I guess they hope Stephenson will be the real deal. Suarez probably moves to 1B at some point.

Regardless - go Reds. Win games.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
Man it seems a lot of Cincy fans I'm seeing are all in on this Lindor trade and I'm just not feeling it. We're giving up a lot for just one superstar, Honestly is Lindor the one piece that gets us into the WS if not than why give up some of our most valuable assets?

Reactions: Vols4us and GordonC
Man it seems a lot of Cincy fans I'm seeing are all in on this Lindor trade and I'm just not feeling it. We're giving up a lot for just one superstar, Honestly is Lindor the one piece that gets us into the WS if not than why give up some of our most valuable assets?

That's where I am with it. Can't see giving up all that up, especially Senzel, for a two year run with Lindor. A lot of payroll tied up in one guy when you are several away from having a legitimate shot at a ring IMO.

Do it. Puig was my guy last year and try and platoon Winker/Aquino at left.

Agree - Winker has not been able to hit LH pitching. Platoon them until one wins the job. Aquino can give Puig rest in RF. Nice rotation in the OF at that point.

Not a good move for Cincy.

Seems like Akiyama is down to us and Padres.

FO is going for it - whatever "it" is. Doubt they will be done even if they get him. Good to see them in the hunt for quality players after all those years of bottom feeding.

nikkansports reporting Akiyama signed with the Reds for 3 years/$15 million. If verified, OF is done with a trade chip or two available for more dealing. If they are going for Lindor that may be what they need to let go of Senzel. Hope not.

The Athletic/Bowden is suggesting Chirinos is a fit for a catcher upgrade. J-Iggy is still in the mix at SS. Would give them Moose, Galvis, J-Iggy and VanMeter for SS/2B combinations if they don't get Lindor.

VN Store

Back