'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

Kid wants out of Tx pretty much but wants to be in a good situation. UGA would hv been a train wreck to me. They have a stable and OL will be very avg and young with a hype man for a OL coach who has never been known to be that good anyways.
but posters here said that Luke was better than Pittman....at least that what the UT "fans" that post here said. I was like who is Matt Luke?

Tennessee still is in the early stages of its involvement with five-star running back Zachary Evans of Houston, the nation’s No. 1 running back in the 2020 class, so it’s too soon to tell exactly what will come of the Vols’ expected visit to Texas on Tuesday to see him. But there’s at least an opportunity for Tennessee to become more of a factor with Evans, and sources said it’s not out of the question that the Vols could get an official visit from him leading up to National Signing Day if things go well and they decide to make a push for him.

LSU and Texas A&M hosted him on official visits during the fall, and he’s coming off an official visit to Ole Miss last weekend. Florida is the other team that recently has started to become a factor with Evans, according to sources, and the Gators could be in line to host him on an official visit the weekend of Jan. 31, the final weekend before signing day. That might mean that Tennessee could push for a visit from him as early as this weekend. It’s only a possibility at this point, but his recruitment still is relatively wide open after Georgia released him from his signed National Letter of Intent earlier this month.

- Callahan

This kid has tremendous talent but man, I hope he doesn’t become a pain in Pruitt’s ass.

Hopefully he can straighten him out when he gets on campus.

Well, Patterson has 7 KO TDs since the NFL changed the rules, so I think that would make him the last of the great kick returners. But, he is not a Gator like Percy and the legendary Demps and Rainey, so I guess that doesn't count

I’ve said I like CP, thought he was a stud at UT and has had a very good pro career. And yes, he was/is a great kick returner. The new NFL rules hurt guys like him, Percy and others. Heck, Devin Hester had a borderline Hall of Fame career based on kick returns. If he started today, he’d probably be out of the league within a year or two.

Look, I defer to you and Vol Nation on who they think of as legends. I have my own ideas but I’m sure I would miss some. I think of the obvious ones; Manning, Eric Berry, Big John Henderson, Derek Barnett and many many others.

For most Florida fans, Demps/Rainey will always be remembered as a great duo on championship teams.

I’ve said I like CP, thought he was a stud at UT and has had a very good pro career. And yes, he was/is a great kick returner. The new NFL rules hurt guys like him, Percy and others. Heck, Devin Hester had a borderline Hall of Fame career based on kick returns. If he started today, he’d probably be out of the league within a year or two.

Look, I defer to you and Vol Nation on who they think of as legends. I have my own ideas but I’m sure I would miss some. I think of the obvious ones; Manning, Eric Berry, Big John Henderson, Derek Barnett and many many others.

For most Florida fans, Demps/Rainey will always be remembered as a great duo on championship teams.
God D.Hester was a monster

Reactions: Jaws
He lasted long enough to win rookie of the year, be named all-pro and win a Super Bowl.
I wasn't aware that Pete Carroll coached in Minnesota. Also he had zero touchdown receptions in Seattle so I guess that one return in Indy s disastrous super bowl was his one big bragging point

Graham and CPF are meeting in Dallas from lunch to reminisce over the glory days (As his cover). Afterward, Graham is joining CJP and staff to go visit Evans and seal the deal.

How'd I do?!?!?!

I wasn't aware that Pete Carroll coached in Minnesota. Also he had zero touchdown receptions in Seattle so I guess that one return in Indy s disastrous super bowl was his one big bragging point

Carroll coached him in Seattle. Percy’s best years were definitely in Minnesota but he won a Super Bowl in Seattle. He returned a kick for a TD in the Super Bowl to help Seattle win it. He also broke a long run for 45 yards and nearly had another kick return TD. He was absolutely a difference-maker in the game.

Regarding Carrol’s comments on Percy, Meyer recites the story where Carroll called him and asked basically “how to handle Percy.” He was widely known as a generation talent but also a very difficult player to coach. He was very Allen Iverson-like in that he wasn’t a big fan of practice. As Meyer tells it, Carroll was basically saying ‘he’s the best player I’ve ever seen but I can’t get him to cooperate.’ Other assistant coaches were witnesses to this conversation.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Carroll coached him in Seattle. Percy’s best years were definitely in Minnesota but he won a Super Bowl in Seattle. He returned a kick for a TD in the Super Bowl to help Seattle win it. He also broke a long run for 45 yards and nearly had another kick return TD. He was absolutely a difference-maker in the game.

Regarding Carrol’s comments on Percy, Meyer recites the story where Carroll called him and asked basically “how to handle Percy.” He was widely known as a generation talent but also a very difficult player to coach. He was very Allen Iverson-like in that he wasn’t a big fan of practice. As Meyer tells it, Carroll was basically saying ‘he’s the best player I’ve ever seen but I can’t get him to cooperate.’ Other assistant coaches were witnesses to this conversation.
Not sure he had enough production to be considered a generational talent. I can’t think of a single year where he was the best WR in the NFL.

I remember some quotes from his teammates in Seattle basically saying that he was the sorriest person that they ever met.

VN Store

Back