'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

Not sure he had enough production to be considered a generational talent. I can’t think of a single year where he was the best WR in the NFL.

Agree on the NFL, he just didn’t have enough staying power, but the flashes were there.

He was a generational talent at Florida, in fact, arguably the greatest playmaker ever. There’s a position named after the guy “the Percy position.” Anytime we recruit a kid that even looks to be a good playmaker, half of Gator Nation proclaim “the next Percy Harvin.”

I remember some quotes from his teammates in Seattle basically saying that he was the sorriest person that they ever met.

No question. He got in a fight with Golden Tate in the locker room during the week of the Super Bowl. Hell, he got in a fight with Chris Rainey at Florida. Oh, and he played every game in the NFL stoned, apparently.

By all accounts, he wasn’t a great teammate. But again, while at UF, with the ball in his hands, nobody has ever been better.

I'm not even sure how this thread became a walk down gator lane in jorts but it smells bad in here.

My bad, I’m not either actually.

Back to Evans, no idea where he’s headed. I’d guess Georgia, AM or LSU. Florida and Tennessee are probably long shots.

It’s hard to figure out these kids who are really great but also really indecisive.

I do agree he was responsible for a lot of tebow success. I know a guy who played professional soccer in Europe who swears that pot is a great performance-enhancing drug. Said he played stoned every chance he got.

Agree on the NFL, he just didn’t have enough staying power, but the flashes were there.

He was a generational talent at Florida, in fact, arguably the greatest playmaker ever. There’s a position named after the guy “the Percy position.” Anytime we recruit a kid that even looks to be a good playmaker, half of Gator Nation proclaim “the next Percy Harvin.”
Maybe for college. Feels weird to call him a generational talent there when UF had arguably the best player in CFB history on the same squad. He was definitely a monster and could’ve had a better nfl career if he didn’t have the migraine issue. He was definitely one of the best all purpose player along with Reggie Bush.

Reactions: Jaws
My bad, I’m not either actually.

Back to Evans, no idea where he’s headed. I’d guess Georgia, AM or LSU. Florida and Tennessee are probably long shots.

It’s hard to figure out these kids who are really great but also really indecisive.
A&M fans seem to think if they land Hubbard, then they’ve moved on, but not sure I buy that given their lack of RB’s on their roster. Ole Miss also picked up a RB commit not long ago and they’re saying UGA is going in home tonight or they did it last night. No telling where this kid winds up. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him at UT, UF, UGA, Ole Miss, or anywhere really.

Reactions: Jaws
A&M fans seem to think if they land Hubbard, then they’ve moved on, but not sure I buy that given their lack of RB’s on their roster. Ole Miss also picked up a RB commit not long ago and they’re saying UGA is going in home tonight or they did it last night. No telling where this kid winds up. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him at UT, UF, UGA, Ole Miss, or anywhere really.

Agree. I know Florida is after Gibbs hard, but I think he sticks with Ga Tech. I have no feel at all regarding Evans other than he’s supposedly visiting Florida before NSD.

Agree. I know Florida is after Gibbs hard, but I think he sticks with Ga Tech. I have no feel at all regarding Evans other than he’s supposedly visiting Florida before NSD.
You probably already know this but Gibbs lives with one of his coaches. That coaches son is committed to GT as a walk on, pretty big factor in that commitment. Everything the young man has been thru, he deserves a few breaks.

IF he sticks with GT, I will not pull for Tech, but I will Gibbs. :)

Yeah I would think so. All I know is we need a big time recruiter.

We have a few.
We've done nothing but recruit well the past 3 years. And we're on 6 game win-streak.

We've been absolutely killing it in the transfer portal
5 star Cade Mays
5 star Aubrey Solomon
4 star DeAngelo Gibbs

VN Store

Back