'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

No one really knows besides Evans and UGA. Depending on who you talk to it’s either Evans got cold feet and asked out because (insert reason here) or UGA backed off because (insert reason here). Either way I’m looking forward to the behind the scenes story after he ends up wherever he’s going.
Ask your boy Andrew Ray.. His "team" is all over it..... 😎

You probably already know this but Gibbs lives with one of his coaches. That coaches son is committed to GT as a walk on, pretty big factor in that commitment. Everything the young man has been thru, he deserves a few breaks.

IF he sticks with GT, I will not pull for Tech, but I will Gibbs. :)

Didn’t know that but not surprised. He’s got GT written all over him, although UF is and has been in hot pursuit.

Reactions: secking
A&M is supposed to talk with Evans today. A&M wants some sort of decision today or they will move on. They are scheduled to meet with another RB tomorrow who will commit on the spot if Evans wants to wait.

Right now, we are told Evans wants to go to A&M, but his brother is pulling him in other directions. If he does want to pick A&M, expect A&M to get some sort of assurance he will stick.
Rivals

saw a longhorn fan post on another board that his handler is a vols fan, so take that however you will

Why isn't Texas after this kid?????
This recruitment is so strange!

Kid is obviously talented.
But we have Gray. Whitehead or Hodge as Powerback.
Small is way more talented than a lot of people realize.
Chandler and Jordan have been carrying the attack for 3 years now and should have their strongest years in 2020.
And if we get J lynn-Dixon for 2 seasons?
Then we're good! More than good, and 2021 has some good backs.

I'm just not comfortable this kid. I didn't like his interview the other day, either.

Last edited:
Reactions: LouderVol

But we have Gray. Whitehead or Hodge and Powerback.
Chandler and Jordan have been carrying the attack for 3 years now and should have theirs strongest years in 2020.

I'm just not comfortable this kid. I didn't like his interview the other day, either.
Texas was after him.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

But we have Gray. Whitehead or Hodge and Powerback.
Chandler and Jordan have been carrying the attack for 3 years now and should have theirs strongest years in 2020.

Texas already has a 5* RB in Bijan Robinson.

Short answer. Evans wanted to commit and was set to commit in Sept. He gets suspended multiple games. UGA tells him to wait, then gives him another chance. He signs, then two days later gets suspended again. That’s the gist.

This is the UGA side of the story Rusty. According to the Evans camp, he signed under the impression that he could early enroll at Georgia. He was then told he could not by Kirby.

This kid has been all over the place so who knows but that part is definitely out there too.

VN Store

Back