Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
i discovered him last year, got hooked on this one song

I love several of his songs. One of my favorites is that one that has that chain sound in the background and the first line is "one of these days BOY I'm going to see my baby..." About getting out of prison. And his arrangement of ZZ Top's Just Got Paid.

Where in the heck did you get that idea from? Literally everybody I know uses it like "Buddy" "bro" "pal" "friend" "partner" or other such things. Society can't keep on crossing off words just because whiny little ****** get their little panties in a wad everytime they feel slightly slighted..
It's as if 1984 with the Thought Police and Newspeak are taking over.

Thanks for asking. I was going to post an update today. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and for praying for her and my family.

She is better. She went in Friday like she was on heroin or something. Wouldn't wake up. Would wince in pain with at any touch. Would cry out in pain if we tried to move her at all. After several rounds of IV antibiotics she alert almost to the point where she doesn't sleep at all or at least to appear not to sleep. I had a sleepless night Saturday night as instated with her and she was very agitated all night.

They think the infection (UTI) is under control but she doesn't seem to have the ability to walk. She's plenty strong so we think it's just the progression of the disease. She's definitely regressed mentally the last 3-4 weeks. They are bring in PT today to see if they can get her walking again. If she can't walk, we've got some serious and tough decisions to make as a family. My dad can't care for her by himself without her having the ability to walk despite his desire to do so.

Everyone's continued thoughts and prayers are appreciated. Its definitely a very tough time for our family.
My heart goes out to you and your family and have some advice for all my Vol family here. I haven’t mentioned it here but i lost my sweet beautiful Mom just days ago. She was only 73 and has been in and out of the hospital since Thanksgiving. She spent most of November and December in the ICU for heart failure issues. i finally got to bring her home in early January and she was doing excellent and better than ever before. Unfortunately we didnt know it, but a catheter made her have a UTI while she was in the hospital and they sent her home not knowing. I woke up the other morning and she was laying in bed with a fever. By the time the ambulance got her to the hospital she was already in septic shock and she left me just 2 days later. We are devastated and very confused at the same time how her life was taken that fast. Everyone please educate yourself on Sepsis and if you have a loved one in and out of hospitals often please DEMAND they check them for any infection, no matter how small it may be...... get it treated. i appreciate any positive thoughts and prayers sent my way.

My heart goes out to you and your family and have some advice for all my Vol family here. I haven’t mentioned it here but i lost my sweet beautiful Mom just days ago. She was only 73 and has been in and out of the hospital since Thanksgiving. She spent most of November and December in the ICU for heart failure issues. i finally got to bring her home in early January and she was doing excellent and better than ever before. Unfortunately we didnt know it, but a catheter made her have a UTI while she was in the hospital and they sent her home not knowing. I woke up the other morning and she was laying in bed with a fever. By the time the ambulance got her to the hospital she was already in septic shock and she left me just 2 days later. We are devastated and very confused at the same time how her life was taken that fast. Everyone please educate yourself on Sepsis and if you have a loved one in and out of hospitals often please DEMAND they check them for any infection, no matter how small it may be...... get it treated. i appreciate any positive thoughts and prayers sent my way.

Damn, I'm sorry brother.

So my wife and I have been trying to have a baby for about 4 years now with no luck. Today she woke me up crying telling me she is pregnant. We literally haven't told anybody else yet but I had to get it off my chest.

I haven't posted a ton lately but I've seen how people have supported each other over the years in here. I've wanted this day to come for awhile now and God is very good. I needed somebody else in the world to know.

Next goal is to beat Alabama

Go big orange forever
Congrats.....make sure she is stress free and happy. It's always yes dear and just gain the weight with her.

I'm so sorry. Prayers for your family.

Sorry to hear that, I kinda know how you feel. Lost my mother 3 years ago. She was diagnosed with Bile Duct cancer and never came out of the hospital. Hardest thing I’ve ever had to experience. Devastated to say the least. Prayers for you and @InVOLuntary

that is truly a blessing! my wife and i have been trying to conceive for about 6 months now and it is truly one of the most frustrating/difficult things to go through mentally especially when everyone around you seems to have kids or is pregnant. congratulations and i'll say a prayer for baby seaoforange!!!
Sometimes it was like punching a clock....

Lighten up, sport.

...my dad always called me sport when he was pissed and trying to be sarcastic. I found it...annoying.

One of my Drill Sergeants from basic used to call everyone Dick.

"Take your time Dick."

"Waitin on you Dick."

"Move at your own pace Dick."

"Please don't make any effort to hurry the **** up Dick."

It was awesome.

I raised my girls with this quote on repeat throughout their lives. I just wish more folks had done the same as we might be a happier country.

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt

I like it. As the father of three young ladies, I will be using that. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back