Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I like Albert king better than B.B. Have you ever heard the recording where B.B. tells the story of "Lucille"?

Haha yes I love that story! Amazing! And I honestly might like Albert more as well! But then I listen to Live at the Regal and it brings me back to BB! And then I listen to Freddie’s blues instrumental albums and he’s my new number one! Haha all so damn good!

I get real tired of hearing people getting upset because they are offended by the words of another person. We choose how we feel, so they are choosing to feel offended. It is not the fault of the person that said the words. Rather, it is the fault of the person that chose to feel offended. It is very simple, choose to not be offended and offer a well thought out and researched counter argument using facts and logic. Then you have a civil debate. You may not change the mind of the other side, but maybe you gave them another perspective to consider. Then the public discourse moves forward in a reasonable fashion. Not this flailing about and shouting about how someone offended you. Suck it up buttercup!

Not directed at you @rekinhavoc

I raised my girls with this quote on repeat throughout their lives. I just wish more folks had done the same as we might be a happier country.

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt

I get real tired of hearing people getting upset because they are offended by the words of another person. We choose how we feel, so they are choosing to feel offended. It is not the fault of the person that said the words. Rather, it is the fault of the person that chose to feel offended. It is very simple, choose to not be offended and offer a well thought out and researched counter argument using facts and logic. Then you have a civil debate. You may not change the mind of the other side, but maybe you gave them another perspective to consider. Then the public discourse moves forward in a reasonable fashion. Not this flailing about and shouting about how someone offended you. Suck it up buttercup!

Not directed at you @rekinhavoc
Read the first sentence, got offended.

*reported

Hendrix
Gilmour
Santana
Clapton
BB King (any King really)
Chet Atkins
Jerry Reed
Duane Allman
Chuck Berry
Django Reinhardt

If there are any modern guitarist that belong near the top 5, it’s Derek Trucks and Julian Lage. Jmo of course. Jack White is still really good. Nowhere near my top 5 though.

You left off SRV?

I felt it, glad you posted this cause I was just walking in the house with a box full of stuff from Costco and thought I heard someone in the house. I walked around for a few seconds then blew it off.

It was very loud in Cumberland Estates. Shook my whole house and sounded like a military jet going over at 100 feet.

From Atlanta Vol in the Hardy thread. Figured several refuse to go there or have OD on ignore.

AV: This kid and the family are absolute garbage. Can’t remember anything like this. Will be interesting to see if NCAA take any interest on either side (since we were in very constant communication with the kid). Last week we had actually arranged everything for his visit etc...total head scratcher. But we move ahead! More fish out there.

was at a party once, long time ago. ASL's was on. if it predated 2000, there may have been, anyway, every lick was doled in front of my noggin' poignant.

nothing better than SRV acoustic.

Damn, all the goats are dead.

Without a doubt there are some amazing guitar giants out there skill wise, but SRV could make it reach out and talk to your soul like very few others before or since. He was truly gifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back