Game Thread: #24/25 TENNESSEE VS. ALABAMA

This team is awful fundamentally .. poor passes .. lazy passes .. careless passes .. 20 turnovers ... again .. they may lead the league in turnovers .. they need to dribble. Pass .. the whole practice .. UCONN will put on a clinic in fundamentals .. maybe Kelly will get a lesson from Gino .

Considering one of your last comments

Oddly enough the least amount of turnovers was in game they blew out at Stanford ...they had 11. .. they have had over 20 TO 's in about 4 games .. they have had double digit in all ...they dont handle ball well and it will be issue all year .. its womens basketball people .. they cant pass...

LOL I think many of us will pass on your astute wisdom and it’s GENO 😂

Most of the turnovers are just bad decisions and I am sure the staff is pointing it out. I think they would pull some of the players if they had anybody to put in that could do better. Burrell and Horston are the two notable turnover machines still but Horston makes a lot of plays and Burrell hit a clutch shot and made some clutch free throws down the stretch. Huge win for confidence now they have to work on their decision making in games.

Reactions: mytenn
UConn is probably licking their lips like a pack of wolves waiting for the LadyVols:rolleyes:

Bring em on..As I tell my players...If you're scared, buy a dog

Oh that's right, you are a canine,,,and about to be caeight

It’s 22 degrees in Middle TN - bound to be just as cold or colder in East TN. IS YOU CRAZY?!

thus the duration of my venture ;o)

Unexpectedly tight game. Great win for the Lady Vols!

Too tight, I had them by thirty-five...guess I forgot to factor in the the three "impartials"

This team is awful fundamentally .. poor passes .. lazy passes .. careless passes .. 20 turnovers ... again .. they may lead the league in turnovers .. they need to dribble. Pass .. the whole practice .. UCONN will put on a clinic in fundamentals .. maybe Kelly will get a lesson from Gino .

Bring em on.
We just beat the team we "had" to
Now lets beat the team we "want" to!

Love this graphic, Coach Jumper, especially the trend box in the upper right corner. Where can you get this?

The "live stats" link at the top left of the OP
or at the lady vols website (That's where I plagiarize,,,errrr,,,borrow it from)
;o)
there are several tabs, this one is team by team,,,you can see the game moment to moment in print with the play by play.
you can even narrow it down to scoring plays only for runs..pretty cool site

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Looked like the LVs were celebrating a natty....

this game was not a lot to chirp about..... JMHO

Ending a 5 game losing streak on a buzzer beating three? Not a natty but def something to cheer about to get another monkey off their back!

When you’re trying to shake off previous devils and they start to creep back in? Yea, ladies celebrate the shot and move on.

If you watched the game Davis backed away quietly and told her teammates the game wasnt over and calm down.

That’s growth!

I also forgot about the similar shot to beat Auburn in the SEC tourney.

She did - she had broken her shoe and her spare pair were at the hotel. One of the managers got someone to drive him to the hotel, he got the shoes and they headed back to the game.

They got held up in traffic with very little time left (manager was texting his mom for time on clock) so he got out of the car and started running to the arena, Rennia’s shoes in hand.

He ran like a wild man and made it in time. Re changed shoes and hit the game winning shot. First words out of the manager’s mouth to her were, “It was the shoes!”

True story. 😁

We were lucky to win and I am happy that we did hopefully the games where the team doesn’t show up was this one. Compared to our capabilities we were maybe at 65%. It looked like we were sleep walking for most of the game. But like I have said turnovers do more than reduce the number of shots. They had 6 TO to 20. We shot [.47 x 14 x 2] + 8 points AL scored off 14 turnovers est.= 21points then the game all of a sudden is not close. I still remember how we beat both womens basketball championship participants one year miss st and sc. So we have had talent before but we could not or would not value the ball. Shooting at a high % will hide the effects of turnovers unless they happen in a small length of time say like in the 1st half of the 4th qtr. GBO

Last edited:
Reactions: creekdipper
She did - she had broken her shoe and her spare pair were at the hotel. One of the managers got someone to drive him to the hotel, he got the shoes and they headed back to the game.

They got held up in traffic with very little time left (manager was texting his mom for time on clock) so he got out of the car and started running to the arena, Rennia’s shoes in hand.

He ran like a wild man and made it in time. Re changed shoes and hit the game winning shot. First words out of the manager’s mouth to her were, “It was the shoes!”

True story. 😁

that’s so awesome !

Reactions: T_Vol376
As much as I wanted this game to be a blowout, I honestly think the team needed a game like this. The ladies pulled off a win on a night that they played pretty poorly for most of the game. All of their loses have been on nights that they played extremely poorly. After all of the poor performances, the team has bounced back and looked much better the following game. Hopefully this pattern continues Thursday night, and we go into UConn on a mission. As much as Coach Harper tried to keep them focused on tonight’s game, I believe we had a few looking ahead to Thursday night.

Last edited:

True story. 😁

Are you the manager or their mom? If so well done my friend well done 😃

It's nice to be 2nd in the SEC;)

indubitably

Cut off about ten of those turnovers and make just three shots hit 70 percent of your free throws and this is a 10 or more point win. Great to win when you play terrible I know a few times in the past when we have played well and lost.

This whole game was a teaching moment.
For both staff and players.
And refs!

Nobody cares if Laettner's shot was pure luck or pure skill. It's still been replayed thousands of times.

Rennia's shot will go down in Lady Vol lore. Now, if she can just do that in the Finals....

I remember that shot like it was yesterday

Tease Bama that they are gonna win and slam a dagger through their heart!

You know, the only thing etter than beating a team by 35 is to beat them like we just did.
We just told em, "moving forward, even if you think you're gonna win,,you're not gonna win"

Lol this is Kellie Harper after the shot. She just put her hands on her knees and looked at the floor until the camera went away. I'm not sure that is how she drew that up.

Attachments

• 20200120_212701.jpg
    20200120_212701.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 46

VN Store

Back