Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's my hot take: I'd rather have Monken as my OC than Chaney. You can't really look at his Browns tenure since all the beat writers basically say he was ignored by Kitchens the entire time. That Tampa Bay offense from two season ago was nasty. Monken can give you an offense like Brady had with LSU. Countless analytical studies have been done that show that focusing primarily on the run is less successful. There are definitely edge cases (the Titans this season), but the pass should be used to open up the run, not the other way around.
Hot takes are overrated. I think the Vols will be just fine.

Saw where Deuce Wallace and Allan Walters entered the portal and are leaving Vandy. Cracked me up bc they lost Neal and Hassan so im not sure if they even have a single Qb on the roster at all right now lol. Thats 4 QBs. If they do its got to be a freshman.
They can get someone from the portal. Those guys, in the portal, are desperate to start--so you never know.

Hot takes are overrated. I think the Vols will be just fine.
What has Monken even done at the college level? Riding Gundy's coattails for 2 seasons (did he even call plays there)? 2 terrrible seasons at Southern Miss and 1 great season there (G5). All over the place.

Kirby will be full Butch telling him what to do regardless.

Not scared of freakin Todd Monken 🤣

Gone after 1-2 seasons to the NFL anyway, just like Brady.

here's my hot take: I'd rather have Monken as my OC than Chaney. You can't really look at his Browns tenure since all the beat writers basically say he was ignored by Kitchens the entire time. That Tampa Bay offense from two season ago was nasty. Monken can give you an offense like Brady had with LSU. Countless analytical studies have been done that show that focusing primarily on the run is less successful. There are definitely edge cases (the Titans this season), but the pass should be used to open up the run, not the other way around.
We'll see

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Could always go root for UGA. Bye.

'21 Hard Commits:
Jordan Mosley - WR 4 star .9143
Jay Jones - CB 3 star .8556
Nate Evans - ATH 3 star .8466
Elijah Howard - RB - .8333

Targets (pulled from 24/7 and only sharing "warm" prospects)
Payton Page - DT 5 star .9951
Dyland Brooks - WDE 5 star .9880
Isaiah Johnson - CB 5 star .9846
Leonard Taylor - DE 4 star .9804
Antonio Harmon - WR 4 star .9494
Andre Turrentine - CB 4 star .9252
James BlackStrain - WR 4 star .9176
Javon Nelson - SDE 4 star .8980
Jarris Williams - RB 3 star .8889
Tymir Brown - ATH 3 star .8882
Joshua Burrel - WR 3 star .8873

Interested/Offered a ton more 5 & 4 stars obviously but it's a bit too early I think. QBs probably be the position to watch this early and here's the top ranked guys we're looking at there.

Brock Vandagriff - 5 star Pro style from Georgia (#1 at PRO QB in country, #8 overall national player) - .9942
Shedeur Sanders - 4 star Pro style from Texas (#15 at PRO QB in country, #239 overall national player) - .9132
Christian Veilleux - 4 star Pro style from Maryland (#16 at PRO QB in country, #280 overall national player) - .9032

Gracias mi amigo

It’s not easy to defend. He just needs a QB with superior talent to execute it to his liking. When he doesn’t have one it looks like last year or Cromptons offense when we ran it 40 times a game.

That offense in 2012 is probably what Chaney really likes, especially if we can get a better running back in there.

What has Monken even done at the college level? Riding Gundy's coattails for 2 seasons (did he even call plays there)? 2 terrrible seasons at Southern Miss and 1 great season there (G5). All over the place.

Kirby will be full Butch telling him what to do regardless.

Not scared of freakin Todd Monken 🤣

Gone after 1-2 seasons to the NFL anyway, just like Brady.

So Monken is nothing to worry about, he’s going to be so bad the NFL will snap him up after a year or two?

That sounds right. That number just jumped out at me for some reason.
Every player is different. Some can move at a bigger weight tyron Smith plays about 315 - 320. But there is a big misconception especially in the SEC that you need to be a mountain to play OL.

Jason Kelce is probably the best C in the NFL and he doesn’t even weigh 290.

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
Also on Monken: I’m not too worried about it because i highly highly doubt Kirby let’s him go all out with the offense (That they should be running) that monken wants to run. They also don’t have a QB right now.
They dont have a QB?!?! how are you so ignorant? Heres his footage
keaLs.gifgiphy - 2019-12-21T100545.040.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back