Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did the security guard do that gave OBJ any sort of right/reason to put hands on him though?

Cause that's ultimately what it comes down regardless of the power tripping rent a cop harassing players or not, OBJ (obviously publicly intoxicated) put his hands on the man.

OBJ is an idiot and shouldn't have done it but the cop was in a locker room during a freaking celebration and was looking for reasons to harass the players.

His bosses should have used it as a teaching moment on when/when not to exercise authority and just left it at that.

Talk to a prison guard sometime if you want to find out what happens to officers that are inflexible based on the situation. Just because you legally can harass someone doesn't mean that you should.

Well that sucks about Monken to UGa. He actually knows how to call a pass game. His offenses were tops in country in college level
nope....he had two first round picks in Weeden and Blackmon. They put up huge numbers before he got there....it was not him it is Gundy's offense.

Hey, I was out on the recruiting front for about 8 months and I’m woefully behind on the 2021 class.

Would anyone be able to put a cheat sheet/watch list together by position who we are legitimately in with for next year? It’d be much appreciated and TIA.

Hey, I was out on the recruiting front for about 8 months and I’m woefully behind on the 2021 class.

Would anyone be able to put a cheat sheet/watch list together by position who we are legitimately in with for next year? It’d be much appreciated and TIA.
I don't know if we know yet who the primary targets are

I don't know if we know yet who the primary targets are
I remember when Texas was rolling in the 2000s they’d have the Top 25 players in the 2009 class sewed up by NSD for 2008. How boring would that have been lol.

Thank goodness A&M left the Big 12 to knock them down in that state.

OBJ is an idiot and shouldn't have done it but the cop was in a locker room during a freaking celebration and was looking for reasons to harass the players.

His bosses should have used it as a teaching moment on when/when not to exercise authority and just left it at that.

Talk to a prison guard sometime if you want to find out what happens to officers that are inflexible based on the situation. Just because you legally can harass someone doesn't mean that you should.
I can almost guarantee you that it is an unofficial red mark on his cop career.

Reactions: gainesvol82
Last edited:
He couldnt run an offense with Mayfield, Landry. Beckham JR, Hunt, and Chubb....good luck UGA. He's mediocre at best.
Hey snow, I mentioned you in a post in the Harrison Bailey thread… Go check it out and let me know if you know the family that I mentioned.

As many of you know my mom is in the later stages of Alzheimer's. She's taken a turn for the worse in the last 3-4 weeks. She become lethargic and seems to be in a lot of pain. The hospice nurses think she has a urinary tract infection. She is also severely dehydrated. We've called an ambulance to transport her to the hospital. Please keep her and my family in your prayers if you do that sort of thing.

Awful, awful. disease. My papaw had it. Prayers, buddy.

well just listened to the Friday vq podcast...

just swinging with Jay Hardy at this point, price maintains that if he doesn't visit here or if we don't get an in home in the next week or so, it ain't happening....confidence has certainly waned here, and there's all kinds of questions as to why he's continued to string this thing along, when as little as a week ago, he was coming up this weekend and was open to listening to the staff....rodney garner strikes again?

Beckwith, still relatively confident here. acknowledges that he likes the way UF is after him, but price still maintains that ut is in a good spot, and that getting him here for sunday/monday OV this weekend is big since there's no school on Monday....more quality time here than he'll get @ FL next weekend. not a slam dunk tho...

not sure what to think about Spencer, no offer yet. will wait to see if he gets one this weekend....

didn't really say much on Wideman? i'm not sure what to think here. they did say that Norvell is in a similar perdicament as Pruitt was in year 1....so can Norvell hold on to him or is he really looking for greener pastures?

mentioned that for guys like Caldwell and WIllis, holding out may work out for guys like that as folks have these few spots left....and both of those guys ahve seen late offers come their way...

Simonton doesn't think there's much to the Edomond recruitment, except that he's a position of need....

oh, and bball team just isn't that good and they were all wrong on their outlooks for most of the players this season. lol.

So why was he harassing LSU players and searching through their belongings? Did he have have a search warrant? Did he have probable cause that they were doing a crime?

Also, no one knows if he had authority to enter into the locker room. At major sporting events like a football game, you have to have credentialed access to places like the field, press box, locker room, etc go to a UT game, and kpd, state troopers, and axis security all have passes. ***unless there is a dangerous situation where police have been requested***

Notice this security was the only one in the locker room and he’s not wearing a credential like other non LSU staffers are wearing. Just Bc you are wearing a badge doesn’t give you the free dome to do as you please and just harass and search anybody you want to.

When I am doing a crime, I typically like to make sure there are no cops around.

Reactions: VOLSONLY and shoney

Bingo, the rest is trivial.

As many of you know my mom is in the later stages of Alzheimer's. She's taken a turn for the worse in the last 3-4 weeks. She become lethargic and seems to be in a lot of pain. The hospice nurses think she has a urinary tract infection. She is also severely dehydrated. We've called an ambulance to transport her to the hospital. Please keep her and my family in your prayers if you do that sort of thing.
Will do.

So...when were you in the pen?

'21 Hard Commits:
Jordan Mosley - WR 4 star .9143
Jay Jones - CB 3 star .8556
Nate Evans - ATH 3 star .8466
Elijah Howard - RB - .8333

Targets (pulled from 24/7 and only sharing "warm" prospects)
Payton Page - DT 5 star .9951
Dyland Brooks - WDE 5 star .9880
Isaiah Johnson - CB 5 star .9846
Leonard Taylor - DE 4 star .9804
Antonio Harmon - WR 4 star .9494
Andre Turrentine - CB 4 star .9252
James BlackStrain - WR 4 star .9176
Javon Nelson - SDE 4 star .8980
Jarris Williams - RB 3 star .8889
Tymir Brown - ATH 3 star .8882
Joshua Burrel - WR 3 star .8873

Interested/Offered a ton more 5 & 4 stars obviously but it's a bit too early I think. QBs probably be the position to watch this early and here's the top ranked guys we're looking at there.

Brock Vandagriff - 5 star Pro style from Georgia (#1 at PRO QB in country, #8 overall national player) - .9942
Shedeur Sanders - 4 star Pro style from Texas (#15 at PRO QB in country, #239 overall national player) - .9132
Christian Veilleux - 4 star Pro style from Maryland (#16 at PRO QB in country, #280 overall national player) - .9032

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back