'20 GA OL Tate Ratledge (UGA commit)

ByI01vKCQAAHrTj.jpg

Remember that well. Good times.

-Big visit this morning when Kirby Smart and Matt Luke will be in Rome visiting with Tate Ratledge and his family. Smart and Luke are expected at his school this morning and then back later tonight to have dinner with Ratledge and his family. The four-star OT commit is expected to be in Athens this weekend. The question now will be, does he sign next week or push this off and take visits? He is not an early graduate so that is possible should he chose that.
-UGA 247

They also said Clemson is now after Tate hard.

-UGA 247

Kirby turning up the pressure sales pitch because he’s worried. Thinks Matt Luke’s good ol boy charm will help steer him to lock back in with UGA.

I’ll never understand how you can grow up a fan of a school, and regardless of where they are in W/L column, not go there. At some point your school will turn around. But if you don’t go do something to turn it around, to me it’s a lack of confidence. Ask Cade Mays how chasing a ring worked out at UGA!! Tennessee has just as many rings as UGA the last few years. Zero. After Fromm leaves, things get a lot more even. A few recruiting classes and Pruitt will beat UGA. I guarantee it.

-UGA 247

Not worried about Clemson. If he doesn’t go to UGA it’s TN. I didn’t know that we had told him they Pittman wouldn’t be his coach after a yr or two if that as Pittman had told people in industry he only had 1-2 yrs left in him. That was until he became a HC. Something small but I think that shows him we weren’t blowing smoke you his butt that Pittman wasn’t long for UGA. Chaney makes the most sense to me for this kid to be coached by but we shall see. Hopefully we get in home soon

Reactions: lenoxvol
Interesting, Matt Luke has been a head coach & is now an OL coach. I would bet that he will not stay an OL coach long. What I mean is, I would not make a decision based on Matt Luke being at UGA for very long. I am sure UT coaches are in his ear about this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
So why sign early and rush a signing if you aren't an early enroller?

Coaches push players to sign. Better sign now or you won’t have a spot. I don’t expect Tate to flip here, but I hope recruits are seeing the luster wear off Kirby.

Interesting, Matt Luke has been a head coach & is now an OL coach. I would bet that he will not stay an OL coach long. What I mean is, I would not make a decision based on Matt Luke being at OM for very long. I am sure UT coaches are in his ear about this.

Players love the guy evidently he’ll get another job soon as a HC

Not worried about Clemson. If he doesn’t go to UGA it’s TN. I didn’t know that we had told him they Pittman wouldn’t be his coach after a yr or two if that as Pittman had told people in industry he only had 1-2 yrs left in him. That was until he became a HC. Something small but I think that shows him we weren’t blowing smoke you his butt that Pittman wasn’t long for UGA. Chaney makes the most sense to me for this kid to be coached by but we shall see. Hopefully we get in home soon
clock is certainly ticking...if he's still intent on signing next week.

VN Store

Back