Guarantano for starter in 2020-2021 season. Poll

Will Guarantano start next season?

• Total voters
That was a horrible pass. We could point the ones that JG threw high to calloway and Jennings as well. But your comparing a freshman to a RSJR. What about that part are you not comprehending? Its understandable 1 year starting. Even 2nd year. Bit 3rd and 4th. No its unacceptable. im glad JG has played great to your standards. You should bbn convince him to declare for the draft. Please
All qbs throw some bad passes. Even with the bad game or two JG is 34 in passer rating while having top 20 ypa and top 10 ypc.

He is obviously throwing the ball well the majority of the time. And no he hasn't played "great" at all. He has played well for the most part with a couple of bad games. For any non All American qb that is good.

With him playing most of the snaps we would be 9-3 if we had our full D the first few games.

All qbs throw some bad passes. Even with the bad game or two JG is 34 in passer rating while having top 20 ypa and top 10 ypc.

He is obviously throwing the ball well the majority of the time. And no he hasn't played "great" at all. He has played well for the most part with a couple of bad games. For any non All American qb that is good.

With him playing most of the snaps we would be 9-3 if we had our full D the first few games.
Your relentless and its pointless to argue. please convince him to go pro with those great stats.

A better poll question is “Do you WANT JG to start next season?”

If Pruitt wants a successful program and to win long term, JG needs to transfer. Harrison Bailey should be starter barring something strange! I think Shrout definitely transfers and Mauer will be in the mix. Chaney needs to put his foot down! RECRUIT RECRUIT RECRUIT

Reactions: 4chrissy
We’ll all be sitting mad when he costs us a couple of games next year with his inconsistent play
predictions make for terrible debate material. lucky he saved the ky game from maurer and led us to bowl eligibility for the first time since dobbs

You can’t seem to get past quite a few things that put you in the same category as K-town and Pulaski. I never once said it isn’t Pruitts call on who he wants to use at qb. What I did say is Chaney was hired to make those calls on HIS OWN SIDE OF THE BALL because he is PROVEN. But trusting Pruitts (defensive coordinator) evaluation of a QB over Chaney (proven qb coach and OC) is not something I’m prepared to put much trust in.

JG has done well with his second opportunity and deserves the credit he’s gotten. What kills me is reading you guys posts discrediting BM in defense of JG while COMPLETELY avoiding the truth. Stats don’t tell all. They only tell you how often EVERYONE involved did their job. You guys want to act like his completion % is all on him.... never mind the drops unless we’re talking JG right? Never mind his rushing yards right? Never mind the FACT that MSU was BMs worst game and outside of his 2 bad decisions was absolutely taking them apart right? And never mind that he’s only a freshman right?

The reason I respect sjt18 is he’s fair in his comparisons. That doesn’t mean we agree on all things. I for one think Maurer was rusty vs UK but started to settle in and was playing much better with ever series. He believes he didn’t play well. That’s cool because he’s respectful about it. You should try his posting style.
because he's just as mentally challenged as you are, but dont worry. there are a few others who are on board. they, despite all the factual evidence, still believe maurer is the guy.

because he's just as mentally challenged as you are, but dont worry. there are a few others who are on board. they, despite all the factual evidence, still believe maurer is the guy.
Ahhhh. I get it. Anyone that sees the ENTIRE truth has to be mentally challenged huh? We can’t give JG credit for playing well when he does or be critical of his play when he doesn’t, otherwise we are mentally challenged? Sjt18 is a neutral as I am. I agree with his criticism of JG because what he writes is true. I like and actually root for JG to succeed but his flaws are as real as the day is long. How can one disagree with truth? Maybe.... just maybe if yourself, Pulaski and K-town keep posting you can teach the rest of us how to deny truth.

And btw.... when you start a sentence or write a name you use a single capital letter. Commas are used to continue a sentence and periods are used to end one. Just thought I would help 😉

predictions make for terrible debate material. lucky he saved the ky game from maurer and led us to bowl eligibility for the first time since dobbs
I’ll give him credit for playing well against Kentucky, South Carolina, and Missouri. The thing is, he hasn’t proven he can play well consistently. I thought he might have started to until his game against vandy. He’s got the talent, but I’m just saying he may not be able to play well consistently.

Maybe you like JG. Maybe you don’t. I get it . . . But wanting JG to transfer his Senior year and banking on a true freshman is positively nuts.
Agree, but we already know what we get from JG. Inconsistency. So basically we have no idea how he will play every game, because he can either light it up or cost us games. That’s better than banking on a true freshman still. Maybe Maurer or Shrout step up in the off-season.

I voted no as in I sure as hell hope not. But unfortunately, Pruitt has this bizarre fascination with him. If I were to place a bet on who gets the job next season it’ll almost certainly be him.

I voted no as in I sure as hell hope not. But unfortunately, Pruitt has this bizarre fascination with him. If I were to place a bet on who gets the job next season it’ll almost certainly be him.
Pruitt has already said it in an interview. He was asked if JG would be back and his response was “well, he’s our starting QB, why wouldn’t he be?”

Third or fourth best qb in the SEC this year. Finally going to be in an o for a second year. Very experienced. Why would he not want a qb like that?

Third or fourth best qb in the SEC this year. Finally going to be in an o for a second year. Very experienced. Why would he not want a qb like that?

Dear lord man. Wow. He’s one of the worst qbs we’ve ever had take a snap at ut man. And he’s been given 16000 snaps here. And still is terrible What in the holy hell are you talking about?

Dear lord man. Wow. He’s one of the worst qbs we’ve ever had take a snap at ut man. What I’m he holy hell are you talking about?
He’s looking to educate you with stat lines. You should take it! You’ll learn what makes a qb. Forget all about what you seen with your own eyes

Dear lord man. Wow. He’s one of the worst qbs we’ve ever had take a snap at ut man. What I’m he holy hell are you talking about?
People who say this are either dumb or just really hate JG for some reason.

He is top five in ypa, Qb rating, and number one in int rate. He has the least amount of ints of any qb with over 200 pass attempts.

That is dumb and a lie. He isn't even in the bottom five of the last decade.

I guess you didn't see Dormady or Chryst or McBride, or Maurer this year. lmao

Yes it has been decided, it's been decided based off production and not potential.
POTENTIAL is what going to get UT to where it should be if it’s developed. POTENTIAL doesn’t get developed on the sidelines. POTENTIAL IS THE FUTURE

People who say this are either dumb or just really hate JG for some reason.

He is top five in ypa, Qb rating, and number one in int rate. He has the least amount of ints of any qb with over 200 pass attempts.

That is dumb and a lie. He isn't even in the bottom five of the last decade.

I guess you didn't see Dormady or Chryst or McBride, or Maurer this year. lmao

Where’s the stats on understanding where pressure is coming from and avoiding it? Or how often a qb throws to the right wr? Or their awareness of where the sticks are and what down it is? Or how quickly a qb winds up and delivers the ball campared to others? These are all the qualities that make a qb great (that makes Jg such a bad qb). You can’t measure what makes that position work. And if you really were going to look at a stat to determine how successful a qb had been it should be his win/loss record as a starter.
Watching football today is just a reminder of how bad jg is. Joe borrow does a great job at all the intangibles I just mentioned. A lot of his huge plays come on plays jgywould without a doubt be sacked on. He sees the pressure coming and either gets rid of gen all quickly or he moves and avoids the defender. It’s shocking to me that anyone could’ve watched the same qb I e seen playing the last few years (jg) and believe he’s a great qb because of stats.

Last edited:
Where’s the stats on understanding where pressure is coming from and avoiding it? Or how often a qb throws to the right wr? Or their awareness of where the sticks are and what down it is? Or how quickly a qb winds up and delivers the ball campared to others? These are all the qualities that make a qb great (that makes Jg such a bad qb). You can’t measure what makes hat positions work. And if you really were going to look at a state to determine how successful a qb had been it should be his win/loss record as a starter.
Watching football today is just a reminder of how bad jg is. Joe borrow does a great job at all the intangibles I just mentioned. A lot of his huge plays come on plays jgywould without a doubt be sacked on. He sees the pressure coming and either gets rid of gen all quickly or he moves and avoids the defender. It’s shocking to me that anyone could’ve watched the same qb I e seen playing the last few years (jg) and believe he’s a great qb because of stats.
And yet he will deny at all costs that you just described Maurers overall skill set given the time to develop

Where’s the stats on understanding where pressure is coming from and avoiding it? Or how often a qb throws to the right wr? Or their awareness of where the sticks are and what down it is? Or how quickly a qb winds up and delivers the ball campared to others? These are all the qualities that make a qb great (that makes Jg such a bad qb). You can’t measure what makes that position work. And if you really were going to look at a stat to determine how successful a qb had been it should be his win/loss record as a starter.
I'd say this is a pretty good stat to help you out with those horrible takes you just put out there. Hard to be terrible at all that yet still put up these numbers on critical 3rd down plays.

Reactions: k-town_king

VN Store

Back