Guarantano for starter in 2020-2021 season. Poll

Will Guarantano start next season?

• Total voters
Where’s the stats on understanding where pressure is coming from and avoiding it? Or how often a qb throws to the right wr? Or their awareness of where the sticks are and what down it is? Or how quickly a qb winds up and delivers the ball campared to others? These are all the qualities that make a qb great (that makes Jg such a bad qb). You can’t measure what makes that position work. And if you really were going to look at a stat to determine how successful a qb had been it should be his win/loss record as a starter.
Watching football today is just a reminder of how bad jg is. Joe borrow does a great job at all the intangibles I just mentioned. A lot of his huge plays come on plays jgywould without a doubt be sacked on. He sees the pressure coming and either gets rid of gen all quickly or he moves and avoids the defender. It’s shocking to me that anyone could’ve watched the same qb I e seen playing the last few years (jg) and believe he’s a great qb because of stats.

He isn't a great qb. Who said he was? He isn't anywhere near one of our worst. He is also much better at those things you named than most qbs we have had the last twenty years.

And yet he will deny at all costs that you just described Maurers overall skill set given the time to develop
You can say that about anyone . Lmao. Any qb COULD develop a bunch of skills they don't currently have.

JG has shown many of those already. BM has not.

And yet he will deny at all costs that you just described Maurers overall skill set given the time to develop
Nobody is denying his current skill sets, the stats show exactly what his current skill set is and that's lower level this year in the SEC, you however are telling everyone he's going to be the next Joe Montana. "Given the time to develop"... I wonder how you feel about our coaches giving him time to develop, and he had better hurry up and develop because the QB room gets competitive next month.

He isn't a great qb. Who said he was? He isn't anywhere near one of our worst. He is also much better at those things you named than most qbs we have had the last twenty years.

You can say that about anyone . Lmao. Any qb COULD develop a bunch of skills they don't currently have.

JG has shown many of those already. BM has not.
So he doesn’t feel pressure currently? He doesn’t have one of the quickest releases? He doesn’t pick up positive yards with his legs?(oh I forgot, you’re not including his rushing stats or tds)

Reactions: chattavol420
Nobody is denying his current skill sets, the stats show exactly what his current skill set is and that's lower level this year in the SEC, you however are telling everyone he's going to be the next Joe Montana. "Given the time to develop"... I wonder how you feel about our coaches giving him time to develop, and he had better hurry up and develop because the QB room gets competitive next month.
I really like our coaching staff. I’ve been open about saying the one thing I disagree with is how PRUITT handled the qbs. Now I agree he gave Maurer a good amount of time but he was also transparent in his intentions to have JG be the “hero”. I’m not nearly as concerned about that this year as I am the damage it could’ve done to the future of that position. By showing the dedication he’s shown in JG (not that JG doesn’t deserve it) and openly criticizing his other two (one with serious future potential) he’s essentially trading (possibly) 2 SEC championships in 2021-2022 for another lower tier bowl in 2020. Doing it this way (musical qb) means we are starting from farther behind in 2021 after JG is gone should he stay healthy in 2020.

So he doesn’t feel pressure currently? He doesn’t have one of the quickest releases? He doesn’t pick up positive yards with his legs?(oh I forgot, you’re not including his rushing stats or tds)
Even with supposed better mobility BM has a much worse sack rate. So no.

I'm usually not the spelling police but damn, you consistently call JG inconsistant which isn't a word. If you want to reapeat it ad nauseum then at least get it right. Lmao

He is pretty consistently mediocre with a bad game or six sprinkled in and some good appearances off the bench. Pretty much like any decent qb.

Top 30 in the country for qb rating on the year says he has been pretty consistent with a few down moments.

We score enough with him. We just won 5 straight. We scored enough to win 9 on the year with him but lost two early due to defensive lapses.

Terrible takes like usual. 😂
FIfy

Bet you can count on less than one hand how many times he was sacked. Most times he got away and you know it
Dude there are stats for this. Just like accuracy.

BM 6 sacks with the THIRD HIGHEST SACK RATE
8.33%

JG 15 sacks 12th in sack rate of qualified qbs. 9 SPOT AHEAD OF BM 6.22%

So the supposedly more mobile guy you claim makes quicker decisions gets sacked more.

He's the starter for a fact barring a catastrophic injury or HB is the second coming of Christ.

Dude there are stats for this. Just like accuracy.

BM 6 sacks with the THIRD HIGHEST SACK RATE
8.33%

JG 15 sacks 12th in sack rate of qualified qbs. 9 SPOT AHEAD OF BM 6.22%

So the supposedly more mobile guy you claim makes quicker decisions gets sacked more.
What don’t you understand? Stats only show the final results, not the journey of how they got there! We’re talking about a qb splitting time with another 75/25. Of coarse no matter how good his 25% was he’s not going to appear on your stat sheet. If you WATCHED the games then you’d know he’s nowhere near as bad as that stat sheet would suggest. Just ask Kirby Smart, Joe Morehead, Nick Saban and even Mark Stoops. I live just outside of Athens and I promise you even the fans hope to god they are looking at ANYONE other than BM next year.

What don’t you understand? Stats only show the final results, not the journey of how they got there! We’re talking about a qb splitting time with another 75/25. Of coarse no matter how good his 25% was he’s not going to appear on your stat sheet. If you WATCHED the games then you’d know he’s nowhere near as bad as that stat sheet would suggest. Just ask Kirby Smart, Joe Morehead, Nick Saban and even Mark Stoops. I live just outside of Athens and I promise you even the fans hope to god they are looking at ANYONE other than BM next year.
OK my guy. I see you fail to realize how stats with rates and percentages are calculated and what they mean.

JG has more sacks. BM gets sacked more on average.

I'm sure the opposing coaches would much rather see a freshman with the third worst accuracy in the SEC vs a vet who has won SEC games and has a top five qb rating etc in the conference.

OK my guy. I see you fail to realize how stats with rates and percentages are calculated and what they mean.

I'm sure the opposing coaches would much rather see a freshman with the third worst accuracy in the SEC vs a vet who has won SEC games and has a top five qb rating etc in the conference.

It’s the eye test man. There is no stat that shows moxie and football iq. And that’s what truly makes a good qb. Case in point...the list you posted of Jg has him ranked wayyyy ahead of Jake Fromm. Do you think he’s way better than Jake Fromm? It’s diffi to find stats to back up Jake Fromm being better than jg but just watch them both play and tell me who’s better. And again...the most teaming stat will be their win percentage as a starter. And Fromm is way ahead of Jg there.

Meanwhile, Twitter and Dawg message boards have similar discussions going on right now about whether they want Jake Fromm back next year.

Football fans are such goobers.

Actually no.... that’s what you fail to understand. I promise you if you asked any coach at any level how much stats mean to them vs game tape they’d ALL tell you “horse s***”. When it comes to qbs they care more about how often a qbs passes hit within their receivers catch radius. They don’t care how many were caught. They care about where said qbs passes finish in relation to his target that would’ve created YAC rather than how many incompletions. They worry more about pocket presence vs sack rate. Why? Because each one of those tells them how to defend him. Not stats! If they only looked at stats, much like yourself, they’d see 47% and think “inaccurate” therefore play close to the Los to stop the run and force him to beat them with his arm. Game tape shows he can and will. If they only looked at stats and seen sack rate they’d think “blitz”. Can’t do that because he’ll find a running lane and won’t have as many to stop him on the second level if he gets through. Game tape shows he’s been traditionally sacked only a few times. The rest were 7 yard sacks turned into a 2 yard loss or a 5 yard gain because he escaped. Trust me when I tell you the last one they want to see across the Los is BM. Even as a true freshman. Want proof stats don’t mean s***? Look back at the fan that posted a thread on our board hoping to see JG rather than BM. Dude was literally scared of the possibility of facing Maurer and it’s not only fans. It’s coaches as well regardless what your stats say.

Meanwhile, Twitter and Dawg message boards have similar discussions going on right now about whether they want Jake Fromm back next year.

Football fans are such goobers.
And people make fun of peoe on this board for arguing about a crappy QB while Georgia fans are arguing about a potential Heisman QB 🤷‍♂️

It's all relative. Winners want to win.

He will have to compete for the job in the spring. Then Coaches will decide on their man. and hopefully have a good supporting cast.

And people make fun of peoe on this board for arguing about a crappy QB while Georgia fans are arguing about a potential Heisman QB 🤷‍♂️

It's all relative. Winners want to win.
The folks down in GA don't need to argue any more, this year Joe Burrow, QB-LSU will be the most deserving winner.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Looking back at this string, I wonder if more than 71% of those on this board, still believe JG will be our starter next season. I'm a "No", and hope I'm right.

I would start someone and let JG come off the bench. He just has some mental block about starting and not playing well.

I would start someone and let JG come off the bench. He just has some mental block about starting and not playing well.

That was okay for this year because we literally only had one QB with playing experience. That won’t be case next year. If we can spend 2.5 years letting JG try to flip the switch, there is no reason to let him come off the bench in his last year over two QB’s who now have experience and 2-3 years left in college for a guy on his last year who isn’t really that good anyway.

VN Store

Back