The Dallas Cowboys football circus thread

Garrett is fired. He just hasn't been told yet. He has to know if he doesn't win out he will not get a new contract.
He’s the worst coach in the NFL. Jerry basically said he’s done after the game last night. I could see him being fired if they lose to the Bills on thanksgiving day. If not then, then after the season. Look for Richard to get an interview for the head coaching position.

He’s the worst coach in the NFL. Jerry basically said he’s done after the game last night. I could see him being fired if they lose to the Bills on thanksgiving day. If not then, then after the season. Look for Richard to get an interview for the head coaching position.

I think it's going to be the Oklahoma HC, can't think of his name right now.

That ship is long gone IMO. He has the perfect setup at Oklahoma. I'm sure there will be a bidding war between NFL teams this offseason for him though.

I know I would take the Cowboys job. It's the biggest football coaching job on the planet and Jerry Jones has proven he will stand behind you when the fans are against you. He has a great thing in Norman, but I personally would hate recruiting. It's just a glorified sales job and I'd rather spend my offseason (and preseason, and season) on coaching, X's and O's, and scouting. Another major CFB job would immediately be on the table if he failed in Dallas.

Reactions: 508mikey
I know I would take the Cowboys job. It's the biggest football coaching job on the planet and Jerry Jones has proven he will stand behind you when the fans are against you. He has a great thing in Norman, but I personally would hate recruiting. It's just a glorified sales job and I'd rather spend my offseason (and preseason, and season) on coaching, X's and O's, and scouting. Another major CFB job would immediately be on the table if he failed in Dallas.
Oh I definitely would rather have the Cowboys job as well, but I think it's going to be difficult to find a quality coach who will take the job until Jerry is gone. Jerry still wants to control too much of the daily happenings that an owner shouldn't be involved in. I have a feeling they'll be trotting out another "yes man" type coach once they finally get rid of Garrett.

$4.6 mil is walk around money for Jerry.

Edit: But I don’t think NFL teams have to cough up buyouts for college contracts.
I think his contract specifically includes NFL. Can't remember though. I am sure emperor google has all the details though. Some of which are blocked at work...

I think his contract specifically includes NFL. Can't remember though. I am sure emperor google has all the details though. Some of which are blocked at work...
It does...til 22. Previous statement about Jerry Jones stands.

I dont understand how Jerry could fire a head coach in Tom Landry who won 2 super bowls and 15 divisional titles and stick by this clown Garrett and his mediocrity for all these years.

Reactions: 508mikey
We're still in 1st in the East and playoffs aren't out of the picture. Jerry isn't going to fire a head coach mid-season under those circumstances.

If we keep flopping against good teams and lose in the playoffs or miss them completely, then he might actually consider firing Garrett. Although I don't think he wants to. He's always wanted Garrett on staff even when he was backing up Aikman in the 90s..

VN Store

Back