The Dallas Cowboys football circus thread

Any chance Witten could hang around 3 more years and catch 170 more balls to get the TE all time receptions record from Gonzalez?

Attachments

• 20190911_184714.jpg
    20190911_184714.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 4
Interesting Q about Witten. Would be cool. Frankly I was surprised he came back. He missed football I guess and calling games for TV wasn't his thing.

I don't think 3 more years is crazy at all. I think it would have been very likely if he hadn't taken that year off. That would make next year the third, instead of the year after. I expect his production to drop and for him to play less. Only three receptions against the Giants last game. That will not get the job done, but it doesn't miss by much. So assuming he can stay healthy and wants to play three more years and is productive enough for the Cowboys to give him that contract, I'd say it could happen.

Needs 170 receptions to tie. 15 more games this year and 16 the next two - that doesn't count possible (likely?) postseason. That's averaging just 3.61 receptions per game to tie.

Reactions: VolnJC
I don't want this to be the case, and maybe there are other factors, but it seems like Zeke isn't running as hard since he got paid. Is this a scheme shift for the Cowboys or is it Zeke?

How the heck do you lose that game? That takes effort to pull that off.
Injured at key spots. Both tackles out. Star WR out. 2 starting CBs out in this game. Factor in some key drops, a TD wiped out by a penalty that was a horrible call that led to a missed fg. Jets played well.

Dallas just needs to heal up and they'll be fine.

Injured at key spots. Both tackles out. Star WR out. 2 starting CBs out in this game. Factor in some key drops, a TD wiped out by a penalty that was a horrible call that led to a missed fg. Jets played well.

Dallas just needs to heal up and they'll be fine.
The good news is the rest of the division also sucks

Nice beat down by the Cowboys yesterday. Robert Quinn was as good as I have ever seen him until the rib injury. Hope Vander Esch is OK. Zeke ran like a rabid animal too. That guy is just a violent runner. I am sure it will shorten his career.

Micheal Bennett with a sack. He has had a couple of good plays tonight. This could be a really good front four the rest of the season. This could be the best front four since the 90”s.

Good to see Bennett following the company and Jones line. Standing for the anthem. Sometimes it ain't all about you.

VN Store

Back