Guarantano for starter in 2020-2021 season. Poll

Will Guarantano start next season?

• Total voters
Guarantano is the starter in 2020 with Bailey possibly taking a red shirt season.

Then Bailey and Maurer and Hill battle for the starting job in 2021.

Reactions: k-town_king
Twice Saturday night. If you can't see his step change in play and the improvements he has made, nothing I or anyone can say will help you out. Questioning my intelligence makes you look, well, like you've lost whatever small debate you may have had. I'm one of the more realistic (not overly positive or negative) posters here and I am finally starting to feel positive about the program. Still have to beat Vandy and until I see it done and done convincingly we won't "be back". I do have hope though.....you need to try some......or just STFU until you have a bone to pick.
400 yards....three touchdowns.

The dude is allergic to the endzone. Always has been, always will be.

Bailey makes bad decisions in HS and throws a lot of picks, and some of y'all think he's gonna start over a senior who has the trust of his coach. I need whatever y'all are smokin'.

Reactions: lexkyvol
Bailey makes bad decisions in HS and throws a lot of picks, and some of y'all think he's gonna start over a senior who has the trust of his coach. I need whatever y'all are smokin'.
I've never seen anyone question his decision making skills, congrats on being in early on that one!!

That's what you have for your stat is just the one game? You're trolling, good luck with that.
Nope. I've watched him play and he's no different than any other high school QB with good skills. Inflated HS numbers that don't translate for chit against SEC level competition. Is he a good QB? Sure. Is he gonna start next year? Nope. He'll redshirt. He has ZERO college experience and I'm not anointing him as the chosen one for the program. Get butt hurt all you want.

Reactions: LAVol1 and lexkyvol
I’m being very serious. I’m not taking away anything from JG, he’s gotten better, but as far as upside I see Maurer being the better QB.
Based on?

I never get a good answer for this. As a freshman JG had much better numbers. This year and last he had much better numbers.

JG was better as a freshman than BM. What makes people on Vn think he has the highest upside? The coaches and guys that cover the team say JG.

Nope. I've watched him play and he's no different than any other high school QB with good skills. Inflated HS numbers that don't translate for chit against SEC level competition. Is he a good QB? Sure. Is he gonna start next year? Nope. He'll redshirt. He has ZERO college experience and I'm not anointing him as the chosen one for the program. Get butt hurt all you want.
Once again you're the 1st I've seen making these type of claims against him. Most I've seen have been the exact opposite of yours, hard to believe so many can be so wrong.

Hey he has moxie and people "feel" he is a great passer, results be damned.
I think Maurer saw the field better than JG when BM first came in and JG watching him really helped as it looks like we are calling entirely different plays now with JG but I don’t think we actually are. I think JG realized, after watching some from the sidelines, how much he was missing his reads and checking down way too much. There’s no doubt which QB is the right guy to lead this team right now and that’s JG.

400 yards....three touchdowns.

The dude is allergic to the endzone. Always has been, always will be.
I agree that JG has struggled to get us in the end zone most of the year but the MO game is literally the worst example of such this year. The yardage has no bearing on TDs. The Arkansas QB has 54 yards right now with 2 TDs and I’ve seen times where QBs throw 400+ yards with less than 3 TDs.

Reactions: lexkyvol
I think Maurer saw the field better than JG when BM first came in and JG watching him really helped as it looks like we are calling entirely different plays now with JG but I don’t think we actually are. I think JG realized, after watching some from the sidelines, how much he was missing his reads and checking down way too much. There’s no doubt which QB is the right guy to lead this team right now and that’s JG.

Imo jg is 3rd best qb on roster on our active qb. roster

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Boy... that sure aged well. JG stank out loud vs Vandy. Off target. VERY inconsistent and disappointing. Seems the old JG isn't completely gone...

jg is good for 1 or 2 games per year. No way pruitt would have allowed either of other qb to continue to play if they played a game like jg did today.

This JG starts the year but ends up losing the job to Maurer or Bailey.

I do not think he ever earns it backafter that.

I’m not ready to give up on Maurer yet. I still think Maurer will be a better QB than JG and I’m fairly certain CJP is only sitting him lately for precautionary reasons from the injuries.
I don't think we ever got a solid feedback
on what his injuries were. He hasn't played
for some reason

Reactions: Orange931
Imo jg is 3rd best qb on roster on our active qb. roster
I see you aren't afraid to keep repeating an opinion even if its been proven wrong already. lmao

Its stupid to say the player that all the coaches and players say is the best and has the best stats, is the worst. Just an idiotic take,

jg is good for 1 or 2 games per year. No way pruitt would have allowed either of other qb to continue to play if they played a game like jg did today.
The other guys likely throw three or four picks and we lose. So no, we wouldn't allow them to finish after a bad start. JG has earned the trust to allow him to bounce back.

I don't think we ever got a solid feedback
on what his injuries were. He hasn't played
for some reason

We were told the injuries. No secret conspiracy.

He hasn't played because JG is much better. He hasn't played because of 47% with 2td and 5 ints.

Pretty simple and clear.

VN Store

Back