Guarantano for starter in 2020-2021 season. Poll

Will Guarantano start next season?

• Total voters
Not only will JG start, but he will have a record setting season next year. I don't think some of you realize how much he has progressed in Cheney's 'FireAF' offense, and he is going to continue learning this system. Next year, I predict JG will come to fruition as a very good SEC QB running a highly potent offense. I expect UT to be in the discussion on winning the east, and it will be partially attributable to JG's grasp of Cheney's offense and his toughness and leadership.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Maurer will be not a good qb, but a great qb somewhere, I just wished it was at the vols. I am afraid pruitt is going to make the same mistake ga did in letting fields go by not giving him a valid chance to play. If ga had fields as their qb they would be undefeated and probably win the nc. but they chose to stick with fromm.
Once again, you are a troll. You have 50 some odd posts in a row flaming JG and not a single post on any other aspect of our team, you make the neverJG crowd look weak, come up with some new material.

As long as we start someone who can't throw the deep ball, while keeping not one but three on the bench who can do it like clockwork, I'll complain.

What do you not understand about 2 TD and 5 INT? For the life of me I don't understand why anyone would contend that Mauer might be better than JG. Mauer might be better in 2 years, but right now, it's not even close. If Mauer started Sat. in Columbia, the Vols lose.

What do you not understand about 2 TD and 5 INT? For the life of me I don't understand why anyone would contend that Mauer might be better than JG. Mauer might be better in 2 years, but right now, it's not even close. If Mauer started Sat. in Columbia, the Vols lose.
Hey he has moxie and people "feel" he is a great passer, results be damned.

If he plays as well as he has the last -4 weeks, he should start. Gives HB a year to learn the system and go through an extra year of S&C. Maurer will be ready to backup if somrthing happens to JG. I am not sure Hill will be the answer unless we begin having real problem at the QB position.

I voted YES
If he regresses he knows the backup QB will take over and will be better than 2019 backup.

GO VOLS

This is just stirring —— up. Let’s finish the season and see what happens. It would be best for everyone if he continues to mature in the offense and plays as well I think he is capable of playing, but who knows what will happen. Let’s just enjoy the ride and worry about that later.
I don’t always go to VolNation, but when I do, I prefer calm and sensible....
73849376-AADB-437B-81DB-2D942AA57386.gif

Reactions: perico
I agree, he is just too inconsistant, misses to many open receivers, especially downfield. 7 to 8 wins max. Unless he is on a short leash, and pull him when having a bad game. If jg could be more consistant next year, and only time will tell things could be different.
but you'd rather maurer start saying jg is too inconsistent? i cant......i just can not

Reactions: k-town_king
Personally I think an off season of S&C, Chaney and Tee will do Maurer a WORLD of good. He’ll be a different player next year. jmho.....

Irony is this idiot calling someone else a troll.

As long as we start someone who can't throw the deep ball, while keeping not one but three on the bench who can do it like clockwork, I'll complain.
Hold my beer......

So I was a strong JG (QB JG not the young man JG) critic starting mid 2017. I've never let up, until he came in the SC game and began to show that FINALLY he had turned the corner. In fact, I posted several times that he deserved to start the MO game and was flamed by the JG acolytes because I believed that the young man had earned it. I'm glad he started and played the whole game, I don't think we would have won with BM at the helm the other night. So where do you get off criticizing his play the last few games and particularly last Sat night when it was cold as hell and he was hitting receivers? No, he still wasn't hitting them in stride but damn dude, 3 X 100+ yard guys on the SAME night? Time to go somewhere else and troll. He is doing exactly what all of us that were criticizing his game hoped he would do, IMPROVE. IF we see two more games that are as good as the MO game from JG, he goes into next year as the starter. He will have 3 or 4 guys competing against him but if he continues his level of improvement, gets healthy, keeps the O line that he has, and gets a touch faster, he is going to be hard to keep off the field. I still voted NO because he isn't going to win the Heisman but even you are beginning to look like you just don't like the guy.

What do you not understand about can't stretch the field?
When you throw to passes to get to the 30 and then put it in the endzone, why do you need to stretch the field? JG was lights out on Saturday night. What is your problem?

When you throw to passes to get to the 30 and then put it in the endzone, why do you need to stretch the field?

If you don't get it already, nothing I say will suddenly make you smarter. You are what you are.

p.s. And put it in the endzone? He doesn't do that very often.

Irony is this idiot calling someone else a troll.

Who are the three on rhe bench? Definitely not the guys with worse ypa and completion percentage.

JG is the best deep ball passer and passer period on the team. Pruitt and anyone with a shred of sense knows that.

Reactions: lexkyvol
If you don't get it already, nothing I say will suddenly make you smarter. You are what you are.

Twice Saturday night. If you can't see his step change in play and the improvements he has made, nothing I or anyone can say will help you out. Questioning my intelligence makes you look, well, like you've lost whatever small debate you may have had. I'm one of the more realistic (not overly positive or negative) posters here and I am finally starting to feel positive about the program. Still have to beat Vandy and until I see it done and done convincingly we won't "be back". I do have hope though.....you need to try some......or just STFU until you have a bone to pick.

With JG's improvement, he starts all games next year. Pruitt can now play H. Bailey 4 games and then RS him. During all other games BM can assist JG.

The stabilization of the program and JG allows Pruitt to finish out this recruiting cycle with momentum, and a very positive outlook.

I hope he doesn’t transfer but it needs to be an open competition. Losing our two best WRs so first few weeks of the season will be a learning curve again.

Its to early for this poll. Beat vandy and win bowl and JG remains solid then
I would say yes.695D801D-FE7C-4FFC-9998-8326DCA11DD6.gif

Next time someone complains about low scoring remind me to tell Tim Jordan not to fumble when we driving on the opp’s side of the field.

I’m not ready to give up on Maurer yet. I still think Maurer will be a better QB than JG and I’m fairly certain CJP is only sitting him lately for precautionary reasons from the injuries.

VN Store

Back