ART/CREATIVE THREAD ( all skill levels welcome )

Throw something a little different at yall. Painted miniatures. This is probably the one I have spent the most time on ever. Still not finished but maybe 90 to 95%.

For anyone that might care it comes from the old Warhammer Fantasy table top game, and is about 2 inches tall.

Attachments

• 20191120_055321.jpg
    20191120_055321.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 20
  • 20191120_055335.jpg
    20191120_055335.jpg
    1,010.3 KB · Views: 20
Throw something a little different at yall. Painted miniatures. This is probably the one I have spent the most time on ever. Still not finished but maybe 90 to 95%.

For anyone that might care it comes from the old Warhammer Fantasy table top game, and is about 2 inches tall.
As soon as I read " Painted miniatures " I was wondering if it was going to be something from war hammer. lol looks cool

Here ya go Louder. These little guys are difficult to photograph with a phone lol.
female space front1 copy.jpgAngel front2 copy.jpgIMG_0563.JPG

definitely interesting, What were you supposed to learn from the assignment? I didn't go to art school or take classes. I've been trying to sponge peoples brains lately that have had training. lol
Not so much lessons learned as it was more of a prompt. I did learn more about myself in the process. That's another story though.

Nice. Never gotten into historic miniatures myself. And I agree on the photos, they just get flattened a good bit.
Thanks. Dont know how "historic" the Warhammer 2000 figure is lol, although I did decapitate an ancient female warrior's head to get a "one of a kind" type figure.

Reactions: LeBleu
I thought about posting something but, Don't have anything cool like the miniatures.

Not a miniature but I've re drawn the line work on the Sinanju Stein to have a Zeta Gundam worked in to it. Maybe I'll build it one day. This is where I left off, might work on it some more. EDIT: I don't know why but you'll have to click to make the images bigger.
View attachment 240666
Nice work LeBleu. I can see see some obvious and subtle differences. I also envy your mastery of the digital medium. I'm too set in my ways (old) to venture into that realm lol. On a side note, there was a series of miniatures in the eighties very similar called "Battletechs". I painted a few of these, but would be hard pressed to locate them now.

Nice work LeBleu. I can see see some obvious and subtle differences. I also envy your mastery of the digital medium. I'm too set in my ways (old) to venture into that realm lol. On a side note, there was a series of miniatures in the eighties very similar called "Battletechs". I painted a few of these, but would be hard pressed to locate them now.
Thanks, The digital stuff isn't so hard. I just jumped in and gave it a shot, the trick is getting to know what you need to for the program interface, like working with layers. ( Digital version of those clear sheets for a projector ). I think you would have fun test driving the medium at the least.

Haha, Oh I understand the digital stuff having worked in the graphic arts/printing business for over 30 years. I may be a victim of "burnout" and somewhat fight the urge lol. My first Mac had a 250mb hard drive and 4mb of ram running Photoshop, etc. That first set-up with a scanner and printer cost me around $10,000 (beyond outrageous). Sat my daughter in front of a Mac with Photoshop open when she was three years old and the first thing she did was grab the mouse and draw a stick figure like the one volinbham drew (sans the obvious appendages of course). Now she's pretty much a master with the software, tablet, etc. Attached is another sample of her work from her website, this one rendered digitally.
Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 10.38.12 PM.png

little something I've been working on

bigolboobies.jpg
Nice job, Picasso!

a wall covering I made for a client. They requested a Memphis cultural piece
Someone on a Discord server I'm on was asking about a similar process you did today, and I though I would ask you.

"Yo anyone who can help. I'm trying to make this piece where i cut out characters printed on paper and put them into an oil painted landscape. does anyone know the best way to do this as far as adhesive or any variable i may not be thinking of? "

VN Store

Back