The Grill and BBQ thread

Aka atomic buffalo turds.
You might give salmon and trout a try. Alton Brown has a great rec ipe for smoked trout. I started with it, and have modified it over the years.
Prime rib, pork tenderloin.
BTW, do it for a living and it will become work. You have to make a living $$.
That is what I was thinking. I have a buddy that used to love to Bass fish so he bought a tackle store. He never gets to go fishing. I don't want to make a job out of a hobby.

I have made chili with smoked venison. It was a big hit with co-workers. Used a normal chili recipe and replaced the meat with the smoked venison. I just made small cubes with the venison after I cooked it. Made the chili and added the venison at the end of the chili cook.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
Anyone cooked a heritage breed turkey? If so where did you get it from and was it worth the extra cost?

Anyone cooked a heritage breed turkey? If so where did you get it from and was it worth the extra cost?

Cooking a chicken/Turkey that is more natural is different than cooking a Butterball. If you haven't tried it before read a little about it.
If nothing else you might want to try a more natural fresh turkey.

If you try one let us know how you like it, and any suggestions you have.

Cooking a chicken/Turkey that is more natural is different than cooking a Butterball. If you haven't tried it before read a little about it.
If nothing else you might want to try a more natural fresh turkey.

If you try one let us know how you like it, and any suggestions you have.
I have a recipe for cooking the heritage breed. I’m just struggling to justify spending so much on a bird.

I did a practice run on smoking a turkey (never done any kind of turkey) and it exceeded all expectations but the skin didn't stay intact when I sliced it. The meat just kinda fell off it. Any tips?

View attachment 238814
I have the same problem. Hopefully someone has a fix. I've yet to find one.

Reactions: n_huffhines

VN Store

Back