The Grill and BBQ thread

I did a practice run on smoking a turkey (never done any kind of turkey) and it exceeded all expectations but the skin didn't stay intact when I sliced it. The meat just kinda fell off it. Any tips?

View attachment 238814
What helps my skin is I pay it dry with a paper towel, then leave it outside to dry out for about 30 mins; season then throw it in grill.

Reactions: n_huffhines
What helps my skin is I pay it dry with a paper towel, then leave it outside to dry out for about 30 mins; season then throw it in grill.

OK, so I dried mine, hit it with a butter spray, and then seasoned it with a pumpkin spice rub. I didn't wait 30 minutes. If I did it your way, should I avoid the butter spray after the 30-minute drying?

OK, so I dried mine, hit it with a butter spray, and then seasoned it with a pumpkin spice rub. I didn't wait 30 minutes. If I did it your way, should I avoid the butter spray after the 30-minute drying?
I Let it sit for 30 min, spray cooking spray, then add seasonings. You can also spray the bird while it’s cooking about an hour or so into it, depending on how the bird looks.

Does anyone have experience cooking short ribs? I’ve never cooked them and would like some guidance. Thanks guys!
I've made them on the Weber a time or two. They came out OK. But the best method I've found to make them is braising them. Short ribs are an indoor cook IMO.

Reactions: Go aeiou
Last edited:
Reactions: JCHateSteve
I think I'm going with the semi mad Max one. I'll leave it wjole, inject cajon butter all over, smoke and hopefully have a good pregame dinner. I liked the trick about icing the breasts. No pun intended 😂
Lol, I haven't tried that method. It sounds delicious though.

i'm been thinking of buying a webber smoker. anyone have an opinion one way or the other?

Drop the $$$ and buy a Kamodo Joe Classic II or III. Best all around grill, smoker, and oven. Comes with all the accessories Plus More that an Egg Does without the extra Costs.

Reactions: franklinpence

VN Store

Back