Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line is that altercation is bad publicity for the NFL on national TV with the most popular team nationwide. It further shows the the NFL is falling from grace. Too many reviews, too many penalties, too many suspensions for PEDs etc, too many beat up girlfriends, kneeling for our anthem. NFL will lay the hammer on Garrett to set an example.
A fight shows how the NFL is "falling from grace"? Grace or not, ratings have been up last year and into this year.

I have no clue what this meme is, but I've seen it going around. Ima be right back after I educate myself.
That junk is just so random. Memes that catch are so weird that way. You can literally just put two things together and folks lose their minds. Ima Try...

Kentucky football players after receiving their annual dose of Vols.

49b.jpg

Tennessee football players after receiving their annual dose of Kentucky
b49.jpg

Over all the refs just lost control of that situation and they should share in the blame for the brawl.

Embarrassingly so. They hardly even tried to break it up for a good while. They just walked around like chickens with their heads chopped off, just throwing flags like that would do anything lmao

That would establish a scary precedent.

Sadly true... the last major league "on the field/court" incident to end in charges was the Malice at the Palace. There was also another incident in minor league baseball where a batter hit the pitcher and catcher with his bat, major injuries caused to the catcher but even then just a 2 year probation.

Honestly it's a bit ridiculous...I'm not sure why these professional athletes get passes for actions the fans watching them would get jail time for.

Just bought a whole jar of JFG Extra Crunchy. Come at me, bro.

Also, smuther a piece of bread with PB, microwave for 10 seconds to slightly melt said PB, place cut pieces of banana on top, enjoy delictible goodness.

I know it's sort of an Internet social norm and largely in jest, but does anyone else find it strange how strongly we react to what other people enjoy when it's different from our own preferences?

If aliens came here and didn't understand hyperbole and sarcasm, they'd think we start international wars over the texture of our mashed legumes.

A fight shows how the NFL is "falling from grace"? Grace or not, ratings have been up last year and into this year.
NFL and its TV partners are hoping to score more ratings increases
Ad revenues for NFL telecasts in the 2018-19 season came in at $3.28 billion, a slight decline from 2017-18, according to Standard Media Index. While ratings for the season were up, pricing for advanced advertising sales were likely adjusted downward due to declines in the previous two years.

Money down

I know it's sort of an Internet social norm and largely in jest, but does anyone else find it strange how strongly we react to what other people enjoy when it's different from our own preferences?

If aliens came here and didn't understand hyperbole and sarcasm, they'd think we start international wars over the texture of our mashed legumes.

Yeah it's almost like the vocal response is to oppose first rather than agree with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back