Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH gosh, you're not really pitching that line are you? It started with Garrett pile driving Rudolph well after the play and not getting off him after. Rudolph started pushing and grabbing at whatever he could reach, one of which was the back of a helmet. If you're implying that Garrett was justified because Rudolph was grabbing at his helmet after Garrett pile drive him when the play was over, you've lost it.
I agree..that was a dumbass comment

That’s a great “where were you moment”

I was in the end zone where our game winning touchdown was scored. People were filing out leaving. Me and a buddy were not leaving. When the fumble happened people came racing back into their seats. Never seen anything like it
I was sitting on my bed with my head in my hands, listening but not watching. After it happened, I started paying attention again, LOL. There was no fear of it being overturned then, as we did not have replay. Still, I could not believe it happened.

I know it's sort of an Internet social norm and largely in jest, but does anyone else find it strange how strongly we react to what other people enjoy when it's different from our own preferences?

If aliens came here and didn't understand hyperbole and sarcasm, they'd think we start international wars over the texture of our mashed legumes.

Lol agreed. Honestly, don't care what kind of PB someone likes. I was just excited to have some PB this morning for breakfast and I love me some extra crunchy.

Now, try to get me to eat lima beans and we may have some thrown hands.

That junk is just so random. Memes that catch are so weird that way. You can literally just put two things together and folks lose their minds. Ima Try...

Kentucky football players after receiving their annual dose of Vols.

49b.jpg

Tennessee football players after receiving their annual dose of Kentucky
b49.jpg
Let’s tie everything together here92B634B4-2F44-48E3-AC38-6FD13CD8BF71.jpeg

But that kind of thinking is what escalated the helmet swing in the first place. Rudolph wasn't being malicious when he was using Garrett's helmet to try to get him off himself, but Garrett interpreted it that way and thought in the moment he was justified in doing anything at all to Rudolph.

But ruddy wasn’t swinging a helmet. Guys pull at helmets and do a lot of crap especially in a pile. I’ve never been involved or seen anything like that in football. He could’ve killed him if he had it in his hand differently. Men will go in survival mode when someone does that.

Reactions: butchna
That junk is just so random. Memes that catch are so weird that way. You can literally just put two things together and folks lose their minds. Ima Try...

Kentucky football players after receiving their annual dose of Vols.

49b.jpg

Tennessee football players after receiving their annual dose of Kentucky
b49.jpg

My kids have gotten into a habit of watching "Vines" that best I can tell, are supposed to be humorous. Just a bunch of clips strung together and some are funny.

But appears the "humor" in about half of them is ending the clip with a scream or screech or whatever really loud noise.

Idc if it makes me old and out of touch, that's not funny, it's just stupid and really annoying.

OH gosh, you're not really pitching that line are you? It started with Garrett pile driving Rudolph well after the play and not getting off him after. Rudolph started pushing and grabbing at whatever he could reach, one of which was the back of a helmet. If you're implying that Garrett was justified because Rudolph was grabbing at his helmet after Garrett pile drive him when the play was over, you've lost it.
Garrett was completely wrong and deserves to be severely punished. I don't think there's much argument to that.

But once you acknowledge that, then I think it's perfectly fair to question whether or not Rudolph deserves some form of punishment as well. He did try to tear off Garrett's helmet. Video clearly shows that. He did continue to chase after Garrett even after his OL separated the two. That doesn't justify Garrett's actions, but Garrett's actions shouldn't absolve Rudolph of his transgressions either. At the very least, I'd support a fine of Rudolph for his part.

For his part, Pouncey should face some kind of punishment as well. Even after the other OL took Garrett to the ground, he continued to punch and kick Garrett in the head. That shouldn't be okay either. It goes beyond protecting a teammate, and demonstrates, IMO, that like Garrett, he too "lost his cool".

Myles Garrett's actions were by far the most heinous and deserve the most severe punishment, but that doesn't mean Rudolph's and Pouncey's actions should be completely ignored IMO.

there were several shots in that game that at least fall in the 'questionable'category, and the one call they got the roughing passer against Rudolph, they could have called person fouls on two browns for head to head on a defenseless player, JJSS, who also left with a concussion.

anyone really trying to tell me that Rudolph is to blame is just dumb.
Rudolph isn't "to blame", but acting as if he's innocent and did nothing wrong is just as, if not more, dumb.

Garrett was completely wrong and deserves to be severely punished. I don't think there's much argument to that.

But once you acknowledge that, then I think it's perfectly fair to question whether or not Rudolph deserves some form of punishment as well. He did try to tear off Garrett's helmet. Video clearly shows that. He did continue to chase after Garrett even after his OL separated the two. That doesn't justify Garrett's actions, but Garrett's actions shouldn't absolve Rudolph of his transgressions either. At the very least, I'd support a fine of Rudolph for his part.

For his part, Pouncey should face some kind of punishment as well. Even after the other OL took Garrett to the ground, he continued to punch and kick Garrett in the head. That shouldn't be okay either. It goes beyond protecting a teammate, and demonstrates, IMO, that like Garrett, he too "lost his cool".

Myles Garrett's actions were by far the most heinous and deserve the most severe punishment, but that doesn't mean Rudolph's and Pouncey's actions should be completely ignored IMO.
If someone ripped my helmet off and then hit me with it, I would be pissed if my teammates didn’t throw hands. I agree that Pouncey should have a small penalty because you can’t have brawls in an NFL game. But I do not fault him at all for throwing hands and defending his teammate.

Reactions: Brillovol
If someone ripped my helmet off and then hit me with it, I would be pissed if my teammates didn’t throw hands. I agree that Pouncey should have a small penalty because you can’t have brawls in an NFL game. But I do not fault him at all for throwing hands and defending his teammate.

I disagree, only because that would be the same as someone trying to justify Garrett's actions because Rudolph was tugging at his helmet. Going too far is going too far. Pouncey went too far. Not as far as Garrett, but still too far.

Definitely was the instigator. IMO
Not going to assign blame as to who instigated what, but if you take a step back and look past the outrage of Garrett's actions, it's easy to see that others did wrong as well. I don't believe in applying rules selectively. Hold everyone accountable for their actions, IMO.

Not going to assign blame as to who instigated what, but if you take a step back and look past the outrage of Garrett's actions, it's easy to see that others did wrong as well. I don't believe in applying rules selectively. Hold everyone accountable for their actions, IMO.
Agreed

I disagree, only because that would be the same as someone trying to justify Garrett's actions because Rudolph was tugging at his helmet. Going too far is going too far. Pouncey went too far. Not as far as Garrett, but still too far.
I didn’t play football but I did play soccer in college. If anyone ever attacked someone on our team, fouled someone aggressively, or injured one of our players on a bad foul, I can guarantee you that person is getting taken out someway. It is sports and a brotherhood. You do not let someone attack your teammate ever and think that just breaking it up is enough and everything is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back