Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand why you would suspend garret for more than a few games(5 max). Everybody on national news talking about “he could of done this to Mason” with swinging the helmet and hitting him in the head. No ****. You can punch someone and end their life as well. Stop playing the what if game. It brings nothing to the conversation.

I’m not a browns or Garret fan.

Also, Mason Rudolph should be suspended as well. This all started because of him being frustrated with Garret taking him to the ground trying to get a sack. I’m not sure Garret knew he had let go of the ball. You can clearly see Mason trying to rip Garret’s helmet off.
JMO, but this is an awful take.

I’m fine with Garret being suspended. Mason Rudolph was the aggressor in all of this and is the root cause.

Ryan Clark has the best take on this entire event.

IMO opinion it should go like this in suspensions

Garret - 5-6 games
Pounced - 1 maybe 2 games
Rudolph - 1 maybe 2 games
DT for Cleveland - give me a break this guy shouldn’t have anything.
I would be somewhat ok with this. I would be more in favor of the rest of the season for Garrett and some sort of anger management counseling or something like that. None of us know what caused him to do it. I mean, his team had whipped their tail and made them look bad.

Reactions: JP_UT_O&W
I would be somewhat ok with this. I would be more in favor of the rest of the season for Garrett and some sort of anger management counseling or something like that. None of us know what caused him to do it. I mean, his team had whipped their tail and made them look bad.

I put 6 games for the remainder of the season.

Reactions: drvenner
I’m fine with Garret being suspended. Mason Rudolph was the aggressor in all of this and is the root cause.

Ryan Clark has the best take on this entire event.

IMO opinion it should go like this in suspensions

Garret - 5-6 games
Pounced - 1 maybe 2 games
Rudolph - 1 maybe 2 games
DT for Cleveland - give me a break this guy shouldn’t have anything.

Has to be trolling because that's the dumbest statement made on here in years.

Having lived in that state a dozen years - I would agree completely. Based on his resume and offenses, Drink would be good choice. He's used to lesser programs and making lemonade out of lemons. The HC there will not be able to do what the heavyweights do in that division. It's going to need to be different and quirky.
Wait, you live in arkansas?

man, there's not really any way you can look at that and not think the browns took that just a tad too far....siap, there was plenty of other hits in that game that were initiated by browns players that could have and should have resulted in personal foul penalties. and there's a copule others that were called....

garrett should be done the rest of the season. period. i really don't care what the 200 lb QB did to the 300lb DL in the pile. lol. Kudos to the rest of the steeler players that jumped in the fray to defend their teammate.

Reactions: Brillovol
I know, I almost always agree with you! That's why I thought maybe you were just trying to stir the pot haha. Sorry for my dramatic response, you're a good poster and you deserve some leeway. I saw this take all over Twitter and it triggered me haha. I can't even fathom how you have that opinion, but you seem reasonably intelligent so I'll just have to go without understanding this time.

Likewise! I think maybe the issue probably isn’t so cut and dry. I wonder what the actual process and appeal process for determining suspensions looks like. Surely it isn’t the commisioner as the sole person making the call.

Side note, the thing that I’ve learned on here is I like talking football with this group more than anywhere else, and I appreciate, with a few exceptions, most everyone’s attempts to be reasonable.

Reactions: jave36
Garrett should sit a year. Swinging the helmet in a attempt to seriously injure should not be tolerated and an example should be set. If you suspend him for the rest of the year it's just an extended vacation for a non playoff team. He probably doesn't care. I don't care what happened to cause him to do the fact is he took it to another level, an exponentially higher level.

Last edited:
Bottom line is that altercation is bad publicity for the NFL on national TV with the most popular team nationwide. It further shows the the NFL is falling from grace. Too many reviews, too many penalties, too many suspensions for PEDs etc, too many beat up girlfriends, kneeling for our anthem. NFL will lay the hammer on Garrett to set an example.

Likewise! I think maybe the issue probably isn’t so cut and dry. I wonder what the actual process and appeal process for determining suspensions looks like. Surely it isn’t the commisioner as the sole person making the call.

Side note, the thing that I’ve learned on here is I like talking football with this group more than anywhere else, and I appreciate, with a few exceptions, most everyone’s attempts to be reasonable.
Kudos to you for a mature response to my immature response.

Reactions: RiotVol
Expand on why?
You need an expounded upon explanation on why I think equating punching a guy to taking a ****ing helmet and hitting a guy in the head is anywhere on the same planet? What MG did here is criminal and has never been done on a football field.................in over 100 years. There's no "what if" with what MG did...........it's not debatable. Also, suggesting that Rudolph is the "aggressor" here is just playing contrarian and nothing more. Its like suggesting a woman getting her face split had it coming for not making the eggs right. With your suspension table I somewhat agree with with exception that MG should be suspended for the rest of the regular season and for any playoff for this season and that "DT" Ogunjobi should be dealt with the next game between the two and get chop blocked so hard that he has to walk with a cane for the rest of the season, what he did was nearly as disgusting as what MG did.

Has to be trolling because that's the dumbest statement made on here in years.
Actually it's not and he's right..... still doesn't excuse Garrett but I get where he'd be coming from, the helmet was too much though, fist would have hurt worse and not looked as bad

Reactions: JP_UT_O&W
I think you still have to suspend Pouncey. I cant say I wouldnt have done the same thing in his situation, but you cant have that in the game either.
what's he suppposed to do? let MG beat Rudloph to a pulp wiht his helmet? dunno man....to use your example about the woman cooking the eggs.....what do you do to her brother that walks in while dude is in mid swing with the frying pan and say, shoots him?

too much? or do we wait until after to judge what would have been an appropriate response?

i'm embelishing now.......but what the hell.

what's he suppposed to do? let MG beat Rudloph to a pulp wiht his helmet? dunno man....to use your example about the woman cooking the eggs.....what do you do to her brother that walks in while dude is in mid swing with the frying pan and say, shoots him?

too much? or do we wait until after to judge what would have been an appropriate response?

i'm embelishing now.......but what the hell.
I mean I get it, and like I said I would probably do the same thing he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back