Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone listed Drinkowitz on an Arkansas hot board. I was shocked. Outside of being a decent OC at NC St (not even sure many here even wanted him for OC, maybe a few), what has he done? Satterfield had App rolling. I think it's easy to continue a past HC's success the first year. Just like Moorhead at Ms St last year.

I'd definitely want to see him have 3-5 year success at App St before touching him at Arkansas.

Jerry Moore built App prior to Satterfield taking over, so you could make the case he had a very favorable situation as well.

Honestly, I think Drink may stick around Boone another season and wait for NC State to get rid of Dave Doeren. Drink is looking to be the brains behind that offense that had them looking decent in Raleigh.

Reactions: Devo182 and Ace
You're crazy man. I can't believe people are actually saying this. You can't possibly actually believe that right? You're just trying to stir the pot with some hot take? Some guy is driving him into the ground after the play is over and won't get off him. He is pulling at the only thing he can reach because he's pinned down. Takes like this make me lose faith in our society.

I don’t want to escalate this Jave, because I’ve been following your posts for years, but that’s just where I’m at. We can agree to disagree. You can look at my post history and see that I’m not the hot take, pot-stirring type.

I don’t want to escalate this Jave, because I’ve been following your posts for years, but that’s just where I’m at. We can agree to disagree. You can look at my post history and see that I’m not the hot take, pot-stirring type.
I know, I almost always agree with you! That's why I thought maybe you were just trying to stir the pot haha. Sorry for my dramatic response, you're a good poster and you deserve some leeway. I saw this take all over Twitter and it triggered me haha. I can't even fathom how you have that opinion, but you seem reasonably intelligent so I'll just have to go without understanding this time.

I don’t understand why you would suspend garret for more than a few games(5 max). Everybody on national news talking about “he could of done this to Mason” with swinging the helmet and hitting him in the head. No ****. You can punch someone and end their life as well. Stop playing the what if game. It brings nothing to the conversation.

I’m not a browns or Garret fan.

Also, Mason Rudolph should be suspended as well. This all started because of him being frustrated with Garret taking him to the ground trying to get a sack. I’m not sure Garret knew he had let go of the ball. You can clearly see Mason trying to rip Garret’s helmet off.
You have to bring the what if game, because it was clearly his intent to hurt him seriously or permanently. I am not a Browns, Garrett, Rudolph or Steelers fan. He needs to be done.

Jerry Moore built App prior to Satterfield taking over, so you could make the case he had a very favorable situation as well.

Honestly, I think Drink may stick around Boone another season and wait for NC State to get rid of Dave Doeren. Drink is looking to be the brains behind that offense that had them looking decent in Raleigh.
Satterfield did benefit from Moore, but he also paid his dues with Moore while working at App State. I believe you are right about NCState being a better spot for Drink.
Lots of schools including Arkansas should be kicking themselves for not going after Satterfield sooner. He changed the culture at Louisville quickly. He would have been a home run at Arkansas

He plays a character and he’s amazing at it. You’re supposed to be polarizing in a role like that. I don’t always agree with him but he’s excellent on tv and radio
He is knowledgeable about basketball, and probably has a lot of great information and perspective, but I cannot stand to hear him. His persona and schtick are old and just not entertaining to me. I will admit he probably still has a ton of fans because ESPN pays him a ton of money to do his thing.

Reactions: hooter vol
If you choose to send a message then the nfl should call it that.

It doesn’t matter the odds.

This all started with Mason Rudolph trying to rip off Myles Garret helmet and was then escalated with Rudolph coming at Garret. I don’t have a problem with suspending Garret, but do t be stupid about it.

View attachment 238485
Agreed that Rudolph needs some consequences also. Garrett did go after him after he handed it off and made it a point to take him to the ground.

You have to bring the what if game, because it was clearly his intent to hurt him seriously or permanently. I am not a Browns, Garrett, Rudolph or Steelers fan. He needs to be done.

I’m fine with Garret being suspended. Mason Rudolph was the aggressor in all of this and is the root cause.

Ryan Clark has the best take on this entire event.

IMO opinion it should go like this in suspensions

Garret - 5-6 games
Pounced - 1 maybe 2 games
Rudolph - 1 maybe 2 games
DT for Cleveland - give me a break this guy shouldn’t have anything.

Satterfield did benefit from Moore, but he also paid his dues with Moore while working at App State. I believe you are right about NCState being a better spot for Drink.
Lots of schools including Arkansas should be kicking themselves for not going after Satterfield sooner. He changed the culture at Louisville quickly. He would have been a home run at Arkansas
Morris on paper seemed like a decent hire. He had the Butch stubbornness that he wasn't going to adapt a single thing to his current players no matter how unsuited they were for his system. A good coach should be able to flex in the early years, you can't just flush two seasons down the toilet while you wait for your guys to be in the majority.

But ya in hindsight Satterfield would have been the smarter pick.

Agreed that Rudolph needs some consequences also. Garrett did go after him after he handed it off and made it a point to take him to the ground.
It wasn’t a run. Garret Hit him before or right when he let go of the ball. Rudolph lands on Garret and they rollover.

I’m fine with Garret being suspended. Mason Rudolph was the aggressor in all of this and is the root cause.

Ryan Clark has the best take on this entire event.

IMO opinion it should go like this in suspensions

Garret - 5-6 games
Pounced - 1 maybe 2 games
Rudolph - 1 maybe 2 games
DT for Cleveland - give me a break this guy shouldn’t have anything.
Oh, that was Pouncey. Expel his Gator ass.

Reactions: mrmax86
You don’t understand how a hard metal helmet used to protect people from violent hits being sling as hard as he swung could be dangerous? Imagine someone in public coming at you with a helmet vs a fist in real life. You think he could kill you easier with the helmet or fist? Takes one decent hit to head with a helmet to be serious damage
While I agree, the precedent was kind of set when Big Al stomped a man's melon though and only got 5 games, and on the flip-side this was pretty bad but Mason did come after Garrett and and grab his facemask on the ground and what not, Albert on the other hand if I remember correctly did it to a man on the ground (IMO defenseless) and wasn't suspended the whole season as a lot are suggesting, everybody loses their cool and that doesn't excuse his behavior but I mean everyone can admit to doing stupid things out of anger

Tomlin has done a fantastic coaching job this year tho. Think Cam Newton would be an excellent fit there. He would also be very cap friendly in terms of franchise Qb money
eh. i think Tomlin gets more crap than he should, especially this year. and while i get that they're missing some big time offensive weapons.......the one thing about the coaching that does get to me is the, what seems like, inordinate amount of defensive busts, especially in the secondary. it's just not very good....and it's not always because of personnel. the 2nd TD Cleveland scored, the one landry caught......complete bust by PIT secondary. should never happen in the NFL.

as for Cam, as a panther fan, i'm torn. i've been a big Cam defender over the course of his career, and i can only say it was a lot easier to defend him when he didn't suck out lout. and the last 10 games he's played...he's been bad.

and the worry is here that if he's not back physically where he can use his legs...at least some...then there's real concern about his future as a pure pocket passer....which isn't his strongest suit.

and for PIT, i don't see the point in seeing one big, relatively athletic guy retiring, and replacing him with an albeit younger, but also aging and equally injury riddled, version of big ben.

i know this...i don't htink the Steelers or the Panthers have the QB of the future currently on either roster.

Arkansas may gamble on Drink. I think some coaches will be interested because of the money, but it will be a tough job. Arkansas only produces a handful of FBS prospects per year. You have to recruit somewhere else.

Having lived in that state a dozen years - I would agree completely. Based on his resume and offenses, Drink would be good choice. He's used to lesser programs and making lemonade out of lemons. The HC there will not be able to do what the heavyweights do in that division. It's going to need to be different and quirky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back