Kentucky radio today

jcvols24

Listening to sports radio here in Kentucky and they have figured out why the Vols shut UK down. Evidently their GA that signalled plays in last year is now with the Vols. Dunno if that is even true but man is it nice to listen to KSR and soak in the tears of their defeat.

Listening to sports radio here in Kentucky and they have figured out why the Vols shut UK down. Evidently their GA that signalled plays in last year is now with the Vols. Dunno if that is even true but man is it nice to listen to KSR and soak in the tears of their defeat.
Typical Kentucky sports radio and it's much worse for basketball:rolleyes:

Half the time Bowden didn't even know which way he was going no matter what they signaled in.
We didn't shut them down LOL they literally had the ball 75%+ TOP for the game.

I think it's insulting for Ky to think they can play a quality opponent simply lining up a wide receiver and parking a couple of backs around him to hand the ball off to. Their plan of attack was to simply run the ball down the Vols throats. For the first quarter it worked but the last three quarters, adjustments were made and then it did not work so well. They got exactly what they deserved. Go get a quarterback, no matter what it costs. Ask Cal how to do it!

I think it's insulting for Ky to think they can play a quality opponent simply lining up a wide receiver and parking a couple of backs around him to hand the ball off to. Their plan of attack was to simply run the ball down the Vols throats. For the first quarter it worked but the last three quarters, adjustments were made and then it did not work so well. They got exactly what they deserved. Go get a quarterback, no matter what it costs. Ask Cal how to do it!
Kentucky had no choice but to play Bowden at quarterback because the others were injured

It will be interesting to see where they go from here. Sawyer Smith is healthy (supposedly), so does Stoop believe their best chance of winning is to continue to throw the ball only 5 times a game? Most one dimensional teams have very limited success in the SEC.

Reactions: VolFanatic27
They scored 13 points for the game. Zero points in the 2nd half. We shut them down.
Some of the posters on here do not understand that Kentucky's running game is essentially a flexbone. Three backs in the backfield with a QB that really didn't know which way he was going to the very last second. Difficult to keep them from gaining yards, but the options are more limited around the goal line. I am pleased that the stat that matters was in UT's favor.

Yeah I'm sure that was it lol. Definitely nothing to do with Eddie Gran being a complete moron and having a wide receiver throw a 40 yard bomb on 4th & 3, among other hilariously dumb play calls. They run all of about 4 or 5 different plays. Sure it worked fine at the start of the game but it doesn't take long to figure out. Really funny they think the freaking GA is what did them in though

Half the time Bowden didn't even know which way he was going no matter what they signaled in.
Did they turn that into points. To me, the most important, if not only, stat that really matters is the score. They scored the first 13, then we scored 17 unanswered. They shut them down score wise for most of the game.

This was the same game as 2011 but our offense decided not to throw this one like Bray & co. First drive they looked unstoppable but their only other score was on a short field (turnover vs blocked punt). TOP is interesting but useless if you can't score

13 points all in the 1st and one of them scores was on the fumbled punt.
Sounds like they got shut down to me!!!!
As I remember TOP, yards, 1st downs , etc don’t go on the scoreboard

VN Store

Back