Kentucky radio today

3 qts not allowing a point is shutting them down in my book!

3&outs 4out of every 5 possessions is shutting them down. Then your O has more opportunities to score,
That’s a true shut down
Not squeezing out a win on the 1 yard line at the end.

It will be interesting to see where they go from here. Sawyer Smith is healthy (supposedly), so does Stoop believe their best chance of winning is to continue to throw the ball only 5 times a game? Most one dimensional teams have very limited success in the SEC.
Back in the late 60s and early 70s, Texas, Oklahoma, and Houston killed everyone by the run. The triple option and the Houston Veer was a nightmare to defend if the QB knew what he was doing. It was like watching Jackrabbits back there and trying to figure which one had the ball. THey probably threw the ball 5-10 times a game. That doesn't fly now. Bowden looked tentative the other night . Not being a full time QB he lacks the confidence to really spin the ball. Warrior had the time to jump the route and make the INT the other night. Game plans HAVE to have to kind of balance to work.

Half the time Bowden didn't even know which way he was going no matter what they signaled in.
We didn't shut them down LOL they literally had the ball 75%+ TOP for the game.
And didn’t score outside of the first quarter. I’d say that’s pretty much shutting them down. Isn’t that the point? To keep them from scoring? KY did the same to UGA and UF.

3&outs 4out of every 5 possessions is shutting them down. Then your O has more opportunities to score,
That’s a true shut down
Not squeezing out a win on the 1 yard line at the end.

Well if you want to get technical 5 OUT OF 5 Possesions.

Yeah I'm sure that was it lol. Definitely nothing to do with Eddie Gran being a complete moron and having a wide receiver throw a 40 yard bomb on 4th & 3, among other hilariously dumb play calls. They run all of about 4 or 5 different plays. Sure it worked fine at the start of the game but it doesn't take long to figure out. Really funny they think the freaking GA is what did them in though

The pass wasn’t a bad call, and I really don’t think Gran is a moron. Receivers were open, Bowden threw a bad pass. I’m sure they practiced that and Bowden hit more than he didn’t during the week. I think Gran is trying to make chicken salad, and is doing a fairly good job. That said, it worked well enough to come 2 yards from winning but thank goodness they didn’t, I live in KY.

The pass wasn’t a bad call, and I really don’t think Gran is a moron. Receivers were open, Bowden threw a bad pass. I’m sure they practiced that and Bowden hit more than he didn’t during the week. I think Gran is trying to make chicken salad, and is doing a fairly good job. That said, it worked well enough to come 2 yards from winning but thank goodness they didn’t, I live in KY.

Well he probably threw a bad pass because he's a bad passer lol you wanna have him throw something short off an RPO on 4th and 3? Sure I get it. Throwing a bomb with a guy who clearly has no business throwing one, well let's just call that questionable at best. I've just always personally thought Gran was a less than stellar play caller even before having Bowden at qb

I think it's insulting for Ky to think they can play a quality opponent simply lining up a wide receiver and parking a couple of backs around him to hand the ball off to. Their plan of attack was to simply run the ball down the Vols throats. For the first quarter it worked but the last three quarters, adjustments were made and then it did not work so well. They got exactly what they deserved. Go get a quarterback, no matter what it costs. Ask Cal how to do it![/QUO

That strategy was perfectly sound for the last 8 years of Tennessee football . Times have changed.

Reactions: Volfansince1980
I love beating KY as much as anyone. They literally think they have passed us and that they should beat us every year. They thought they were going to break the ktown curse and they got rolled. This year they thought “We’ll at least beat Tennessee in Lexington. They scored the first two possessions and didn’t score again. You can’t make this stuff up!

Some of the posters on here do not understand that Kentucky's running game is essentially a flexbone. Three backs in the backfield with a QB that really didn't know which way he was going to the very last second. Difficult to keep them from gaining yards, but the options are more limited around the goal line. I am pleased that the stat that matters was in UT's favor.
Nice catch on the flexbone. There's at least three high school teams in our conference here in So. Illinois that run the flexbone. And generally speaking in any option offense, the best athlete is the QB. So Bowden at QB makes since for the Cats if they think that's their best chance to win.

Assuming this is true how stupid would they be for not changing the signals? They could actually have used it against the Vols. So silly
Exactly. Teams switch out GAs, assistant coaches, coaches every season. If they didn’t consider this, that’s on them. This is the logic of Kentucky fans. 😂

They scored 13 points for the game. Zero points in the 2nd half. We shut them down.

Their only points were in the 1st Q and one score was after a blocked punt.... While they did control the clock, I’d agree, on we shut them down.

Time of possession is good and all but worthless if you don’t end up scoring on it.

Sure they held on to the ball longer than we did but only scored on the first two possessions. After that...nothing.

It’s like the popular vote. Cool and all but it won’t win you the game alone.

I love beating KY as much as anyone. They literally think they have passed us and that they should beat us every year. They thought they were going to break the ktown curse and they got rolled. This year they thought “We’ll at least beat Tennessee in Lexington. They scored the first two possessions and didn’t score again. You can’t make this stuff up!

I currently live in Kentucky so I have to put up with these morons on a daily basis. They are without a doubt the most delusional, illiterate football fan base in the country. A lot of the people I'm around literally think that they are a couple of players away from being "perennial SEC contenders." Agreed, you can't make this stuff up!

VN Store

Back