Stand up Comedy Thread

Gary Gulman just had an HBO special come out. He's not my favorite style of comedian but he's funny and the content is very good. He has/had massive depression (hence the title the Great Depresh) and he goes into detail about it in a tasteful and illuminating way. It's a comedy hour well spent. There is a little adult content but it's mostly really clean.

Last edited:
Gary Gulman just had an HBO special come out. He's not my favorite style of comedian but he's funny and the content is very good. He has/had massive depression (hence the title the Great Depresh) and he goes into detail about it in a tasteful and illuminating way. It's a comedy hour well spent. There is a little adult content but it's mostly really clean.

I always liked his Karate Kid bit.

Geoff Tate and Trey Gaylon at Central Collective downtown Knoxville Dec 22. BYOB. Both are excellent, pro, national level comedians. Highly recommend if you like stand up.

Last edited:
One thing I miss about living in Dallas was the Addison Improv, A-level talent every week.

Reactions: butchna
Good show. Original stuff, though some of it did build off of his latest Netflix special. Not in a bad way though.

Is he the one with the abbreviation of the states bit? I love that bit - very well done.

EDIT: he is

Reactions: n_huffhines
He’s not planning to come out for the 10pm show until midnight :confused:
We had a good time. The material was essentially all new, although similar topics from Netflix. At times you think he’s completely off script and then out of the blue there’s a punch line and you realize he was on course the whole time. He has a unique way of exposing the stupidity of both sides in the political divide. It was odd because 85%-90% of the crowd was white.

We had a good time. The material was essentially all new, although similar topics from Netflix. At times you think he’s completely off script and then out of the blue there’s a punch line and you realize he was on course the whole time. He has a unique way of exposing the stupidity of both sides in the political divide. It was odd because 85%-90% of the crowd was white.
Because black people have slower internet connections. 😂

Reactions: Roustabout
Saw this online the other day, not sure i agree with some of the seeds or early outcomes but I think the final 2 are right. comicsfinal.jpg

VN Store

Back