Swain not buying CJP explanation on Maurer

Because of the score, it was 24 to 21 when jg left the game. 42 to 21 at end of game, the team just plays better without jg.
I see you've done some deep analysis. Do the QBs play Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who gets credit for the special teams TDs?

I've been disappointed in JG too, but this situation just isn't that hard to figure out.

Last edited:
Reactions: vader
I'd rather have Maurer if that is the case... Bailey makes some poor decisions at the highschool level from games I've seen. Highlights dont always tell the tell.
They don't call 'em highlights for nothing. If you threw in a bunch of negative plays, (lowlights), we'd have a better view. I hope UT is able to sign Jimmy Holiday and give him a chance at QB. Chaney be like a kid in a candy store !

Hey Behr, lighten up, and try to sleep tonight, didn't mean to quote you in my response, but if you're offended by "you people", you need to get a life. Alas, for the others that responded, get out from under your rock.

81.23% of that post was a joke.

From everything I've seen since kickoff of the spring game my opinion is that Shrout is a far far better QB than JG so his not playing ahead of JG in a cast against UAB has caused my to lose all faith in Pruitt as our head coach.

Somebody tell Shrout that he needs to transfer if he wants a shot at playing. KY needs a QB as do many other teams.
Going to FSU and play under Kiffin after sitting a year. Be like R.Ferguson at Memphis.

More than a spark. He gets the ball out quicker and has a more compact throwing motion. He anticipates well. He’s decisive.
We don’t know if he can rein it in and avoid turnovers. I don’t know how well he managed the O.

He may not be the answer but what he’s done well stands in stark contrast to what JG doesn’t do well
The offense seems to move the ball up and down the field with explosive plays a lot more consistently when hes in there. I can deal with the freshman turnovers to a certain extent if hes consistently getting us in position to score. Yes, at some point you gotta quit throwing picks in the redzone, but I think that's something he'll get coached up on improve in that area.

Reactions: sjt18

If that was the case, he’d shut it down completely and not practice at all.

He's got physical talent. Maybe more than JG. He's apparently struggling with the mental part. He needs more time.
You can't really a freshman is 'struggling with the mental part'. Very few freshmen get the full scope of the offense in their first year or two.

Now, an upperclassman like Jarette? He definitely is missing the mental part. He should have had that at the beginning of last year.

You can't really a freshman is 'struggling with the mental part'. Very few freshmen get the full scope of the offense in their first year or two.

Now, an upperclassman like Jarette? He definitely is missing the mental part. He should have had that at the beginning of last year.
All the OC'S are floating in his head.

Going to FSU and play under Kiffin after sitting a year. Be like R.Ferguson at Memphis.
Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Maurer or Shrout were thinking very heavily about transferring. Their confidence in Pruitt must be at all time lows. I know mine is.

Imagine coming into a game, playing lights out, throwing bombs and cross routes on time, on target, firing up the offense, etc.

Then getting sat again so the scrub can play.

Reactions: tbones0711
All the OC'S are floating in his head.
I don't know. I've had three bosses in the last three years, all with different approaches to the industry. I'm performing lights out.

And my job is much more mentally challenging than playing quarterback.

Pruitt tears em down and Wienkie and Chaney build them back up.

maybe. hopefully.

Much fewer people would be pissed off. At least we'd know he went with his best available option at quarterback.
I think maybe many people are confusing potential with reality right now. Right now JTS is not the best available option. He has the potential to be much better but the tape and a whole lot of people who know football (make money at it) concur that he is not. Do you really believe that the coaches would play a one handed quarterback if JTS gave the team a comparable or superior shot at winning?

At what point does it dawn on people that Pruitt has seen Shrout throw the ball thousands of times and if he's not playing, there's likely a good reason?
At what point does it dawn on someone that Guarantano folds when the lights come on? It doesn’t matter how you throw in practice if every throw you make in the game is a half second late and behind it’s intended target. Maybe Shrout isn’t very good, but we all know that Guarantano is a below average qb. That being said I don’t understand why you pull a red shirt freshmen for making one mistake while you leave a jr in that makes numerous bad reads and bad throws every time he steps on the field. Guarantano has proved he is not a winning qb, and I’m not sure we are good enough to beat Uk or mizzou in spite of that fact.

Much fewer people would be pissed off. At least we'd know he went with his best available option at quarterback.

Oh well, we should go with whatever pisses off fewer people then.

At least you would have that warm fuzzy feeling he went with who you thought was the best available option at quarterback, at that time.

Now, before you get all mad and offended...you may know more than I do, but you're clueless as to who the best option will be at game time on Saturday. But it is entertaining seeing you and a few others pretending you're not.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
At what point does it dawn on someone that Guarantano folds when the lights come on? It doesn’t matter how you throw in practice if every throw you make in the game is a half second late and behind it’s intended target. Maybe Shrout isn’t very good, but we all know that Guarantano is a below average qb. That being said I don’t understand why you pull a red shirt freshmen for making one mistake while you leave a jr in that makes numerous bad reads and bad throws every time he steps on the field. Guarantano has proved he is not a winning qb, and I’m not sure we are good enough to beat Uk or mizzou in spite of that fact.

Did you think we were going to beat MissSt or USC?

....you're clueless as to who the best option will be at game time on Saturday. .

no I'm not. Neither are the other 99 percent of the fans who agree with me.

Jarette folds like a cheap suit when the lights come on.

Did you think we were going to beat MissSt or USC?
Yes, but Maurer did play against MSU and we had significant momentum from playing bama closely for most of the game. I just don’t know what will happen if the offense goes stagnant again with Guarantano at the helm. Here’s to hoping Maurer plays and can finish out the season without injury. If he does we will win out and get 8 wins after the bowl.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgrish
Yes, but Maurer did play against MSU and we had significant momentum from playing bama closely for most of the game. I just don’t know what will happen if the offense goes stagnant again with Guarantano is at the helm. Here’s to hoping Maurer plays and can finish out the season without injury. If he does we will win out and get 8 wins after the bowl.

Kentucky is one dimensional. Missouri plays Florida and Georgia before us, we have a bye week. Vandy is Vandy. I believe we win out...UNLESS we turn the ball over four or five time a game. The best shot at that happening is to put in a young QB who slings it around.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

VN Store

Back