Swain not buying CJP explanation on Maurer

Because no coach has ever lied to make teams prepare for every QB available.

Everyone knows Jennings isn’t going to throw the ball very often if at all. Pruitt says the opposite just to throw a different angle at them tho

>80% of the time in the wildcat formation,. no matter what school runs it, the guy who receives the ball from center runs it. For a defense, it should be like a game of pickup and smear the guy with the ball. Why DCs respect it is beyond me at all.

No problem at all lol. See my comment to the other poster.

Seen.
How are we gonna feel though if playing JG does cost them a game and a shot at a bowl though?
I don't know how you or anyone else will feel, but I'll feel like it was our best shot. What if he played Shrout and we lost? I mean its 6 of one half a dozen of another. Wish I knew what was gonna happen. That's what I'd want done.

It is what it is and Pruitt is the one who lives with his decisions. Choking away a shot at a bowl down the stretch two years straight would be a bad look though.

You make it seem like you dont think Pruitt cares if we win or not. I don't believe that. I absolutely believe he'll do whatever he thinks gives us the best shot at winning. I have a hard time believing its JG, but not only does he know way more about football than I do, he knows way more about what's going on with JG, Shrout, Maurer, the Oline, the defense.... Blah blah blah.

If you or anyone else is trying to convince me you know more or you know better than Pruitt, you might as well try to convince me the sun won't shine tomorrow. He might make the wrong decision, but that won't mean you knew something he didn't or you knew more than he did.

I bet if you spent an hour with him in person, one on one, and he gave you an honest run down of some important information that you don't have right now, you'd come back here andand say "I wanna do what Pruitt says we gone do /thread". Lol.

>80% of the time in the wildcat formation,. no matter what school runs it, the guy who receives the ball from center runs it. For a defense, it should be like a game of pickup and smear the guy with the ball. Why DCs respect it is beyond me at all.

There’s tape out there so they have to respect it to a degree. We all don’t agree but Jennings can throw a pretty ball whether he does it all the time or not. That says a lot about our QBs unfortunately since he’s not one

I'd bet that sometime in the next 3 weeks JJ heaves one just because.

Yeah. I was a little surprised it didn't happen this past week to make everyone else prepare for it.
I'm convinced that's why JJ just happened to jump into a QB drill a few days ago and throw one pass during a media session.

Reactions: sjt18
If Maurer plays the next three games and does not get injured we win out. If he does not we will have to get lucky to win 2 and make a bowl. I have no faith in Guarantano to beat Kentucky or Missouri, and Pruitt refuses to give Shrout a shot to prove he can be more productive than JG.

If Maurer plays the next three games and does not get injured we win out. If he does not we will have to get lucky to win 2 and make a bowl. I have no faith in Guarantano to beat Kentucky or Missouri, and Pruitt refuses to give Shrout a shot to prove he can be more productive than JG.
At what point does it dawn on people that Pruitt has seen Shrout throw the ball thousands of times and if he's not playing, there's likely a good reason?

UAB's D is no joke. I watched that Fair boy eat our lunch all day. WM got whipped all day and I didn't see that against MissSt, Bubbas, UGA, or USC.

There were definitely a few times Wanya Morris showed he was a true freshman. It’s a RS Jr against a freshman. Don’t go overboard.

We're winning and playing with good teams. If anyone has problems where we are now compared to the beginning then there's no pleasing them.

It’s not a problem now against UAB but you might be speaking differently if JG’s old self shows up against Missouri and Vanderbilt.

Our defense is having to bail out the offense since they continually settle for field goals. Or maybe I’m just trying to be pessimistic so I won’t be disappointed if we don’t make a bowl.

There were definitely a few times Wanya Morris showed he was a true freshman. It’s a RS Jr against a freshman. Don’t go overboard.
Go back and watch the film, more than a few. WM was taken out. Nothing against him, just UAB’S front was very good. Objective coaches POV.

It’s not a problem now against UAB but you might be speaking differently if JG’s old self shows up against Missouri and Vanderbilt.

Our defense is having to bail out the offense since they continually settle for field goals. Or maybe I’m just trying to be pessimistic so I won’t be disappointed if we don’t make a bowl.
UAB’s D is as good or better than anyone left on our schedule. We’ll be aight.

Go back and watch the film, more than a few. WM was taken out. Nothing against him, just UAB’S front was very good. Objective coaches POV.

I’m talking about outside of that game. I can’t remember which one but it was within the past few weeks he had failed to block big time.

They’re not gonna let Maurer dress out if he’s not cleared. His redshirt is already burned, so I’m thinking we see him in action against Kentucky.

Swain is an idiot. Shrout is a young gun with tons of talent. He’s going to make freshman mistakes but the kid has a lot of potential. Plug and play freshman happen but aren’t that common. JT has done well IMO.
He's got physical talent. Maybe more than JG. He's apparently struggling with the mental part. He needs more time.

I'd bet that sometime in the next 3 weeks JJ heaves one just because.
I wanna see it. I remember the last year Chaney was here with Dooley he spent almost an entire season it seemed like setting it up and then at Carolina he finally let Pig throw one.

UAB’s D is as good or better than anyone left on our schedule. We’ll be aight.
No they aren't. They really aren't close. They're a good mid-major... but Vandy would have the best statistical D in the country against UAB's schedule.

With a QB playing like Maurer did in the first half vs UGA... the Vols would have hung 50 on UAB... probably by the end of the first half.

Is it just me, or did Maurer's injuries look more like to the neck than to the head?
Not saying he didn’t get rocked because we’d be kidding ourselves but I agree. Concussion? Idk.... but my guess would be minor if any.

Seen.

I don't know how you or anyone else will feel, but I'll feel like it was our best shot. What if he played Shrout and we lost? I mean its 6 of one half a dozen of another. Wish I knew what was gonna happen. That's what I'd want done.

You make it seem like you dont think Pruitt cares if we win or not. I don't believe that. I absolutely believe he'll do whatever he thinks gives us the best shot at winning. I have a hard time believing its JG, but not only does he know way more about football than I do, he knows way more about what's going on with JG, Shrout, Maurer, the Oline, the defense.... Blah blah blah.

If you or anyone else is trying to convince me you know more or you know better than Pruitt, you might as well try to convince me the sun won't shine tomorrow. He might make the wrong decision, but that won't mean you knew something he didn't or you knew more than he did.

I bet if you spent an hour with him in person, one on one, and he gave you an honest run down of some important information that you don't have right now, you'd come back here andand say "I wanna do what Pruitt says we gone do /thread". Lol.

Seen.

I feel like there will be a lot of second guessing here and in the media if Guarantano ends up not performing well. Any good will from the last few weeks can go up in smoke in a hurry if they falter.

Pruitt's job depends on him winning so I am sure he wants to win.

Not trying to convince you of anything. You got your opinions and I have mine. I think running a one handed QB with a shaky history out there is risky, simple as that.

Pruitt disagrees with me and I am fine with it. It is his job at the end of the day after all.

You'd lose that bet. I'd never cop to it if I did have did have a sit down with Pruitt on here. No one would believe it anyway.

Reactions: sjt18

VN Store

Back