'20 GA WDE BJ Ojulari (LSU commit)

Isnt the point of journalism to write things that are not positive or negative towards a subject? Just to post them as an outside observer of the subject at hand? Id say I expect the readers of VN to know better and understand this but the absolutely pathetic & negative culture that this website breeds has led you guys to believe literally everything written, spoken or seen outside of here is negative towards UT so I should know better by now.

Ubben is the best reporter in media for UT sports, VN should stop whining every time someone writes an article that hurts their fee fees.
Can’t wait til he leaves “for a real team”. Somebody’s going to need to stay with Geaux when that happens, tho. 😢

Reactions: 10nacvols
Isnt the point of journalism to write things that are not positive or negative towards a subject? Just to post them as an outside observer of the subject at hand? Id say I expect the readers of VN to know better and understand this but the absolutely pathetic & negative culture that this website breeds has led you guys to believe literally everything written, spoken or seen outside of here is negative towards UT so I should know better by now.

Ubben is the best reporter in media for UT sports, VN should stop whining every time someone writes an article that hurts their fee fees.
He sure found a neutral way to paint the recruitment hahah..

he chooses very negative context from his articles. So as an outside observer I can see how he’s spinning it for clicks. Also I’m just making an observation, and truthfully listening to local media regurgitate vol nation questions in every player interview and Pruitt interview verifies the negative slant.

Question for everyone... If you had a son who was capable of playing college football at the highest level and were concerned about him putting himself into a position to be drafted, learn from the best and win at the highest level would you feel like you would encourage him to go to Tennessee?

I love UT and it still ruins my Saturday when they lose but its becoming tougher and tougher to encourage my son to even watch them over other games.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
Question for everyone... If you had a son who was capable of playing college football at the highest level and were concerned about him putting himself into a position to be drafted, learn from the best and win at the highest level would you feel like you would encourage him to go to Tennessee?

I love UT and it still ruins my Saturday when they lose but its becoming tougher and tougher to encourage my son to even watch them over other games.

To answer the question, there is still and always will be an opportunity to be scouted and drafted at Tennessee. There are infinite variables as to why recruits pick schools. Those are just the easier ones and for good reason, winners want to win and dreamers want the NFL. If my son one day earns that opportunity to play at Tennessee or any SEC school I’d be thrilled.

As for quitting on the vols.. that’s a personal decision buddy. I get it’s not so fun right now but so is life sometimes. We will have to fight our way back, none of our rivals really want us there. The same reason I’d prefer every other SEC team playing us to struggle, I want to win. We wont get back to relevance by quitting.

UT has every resource that you would need to get drafted. The current coaches on their roster has put a ton of talent in the NFL at previous stops. The strength and conditioning coach is from the NFL. If you want to play early and get ready for the NFL come to Tennessee. Then you can be part of the reason that a program turned around and got on top.

I fell like you equate “learning from the best” as a team that is currently winning.

If you’re good enough to play in the NFL, scouts will find you. The Patriots and the Saints are examples of teams that I know of off the top of my head that will draft a kid from a school that no ones heard of, I’m sure there are more.

I fell like you equate “learning from the best” as a team that is currently winning.

If you’re good enough to play in the NFL, scouts will find you. The Patriots and the Saints are examples of teams that I know of off the top of my head that will draft a kid from a school that no ones heard of, I’m sure there are more.
The Saints went all the way to Knoxville and found a diamond that butch tried to keep hidden. Now hes a top 5 running back in the NFL.

I agree but if we think of it in basketball terms there is a reason some kids go to Duke or UNC... I think for a lot of kids this is becoming more and more of a business decision. Fans will always say, “go to UT we are just as good a chance” but it really isn’t as true.

I agree but if we think of it in basketball terms there is a reason some kids go to Duke or UNC... I think for a lot of kids this is becoming more and more of a business decision. Fans will always say, “go to UT we are just as good a chance” but it really isn’t as true.
UGA football cant be compared to Duke or North Carolina basketball lol. We have won a Natty more recently than they have.

UGA football cant be compared to Duke or North Carolina basketball lol. We have won a Natty more recently than they have.
Look at the guys they had staring at just running back this weekend... regardless of national championship they have been champions of the East and are national contenders, we could not be further away right now.

Look at the guys they had staring at just running back this weekend... regardless of national championship they have been champions of the East and are national contenders, we could not be further away right now.
Since I didn’t really answer your question earlier let me go ahead and do that. My daughter is a sophomore in HS and plays softball at a pretty high level and has a few visits set up in the fall so far. I don’t care where she decides to go to school as long she’s happy with her decision. Of course we talk about it and I try to guide her the best I can. But I’m gonna support what ever she decides to do.

Reactions: LouderVol
Since I didn’t really answer your question earlier let me go ahead and do that. My daughter is a sophomore in HS and plays softball at a pretty high level and has a few visits set up in the fall so far. I don’t care where she decides to go to school as long she’s happy with her decision. Of course we talk about it and I try to guide her the best I can. But I’m gonna support what ever she decides to do.
Sound like a great dad and good luck to your daughter, I’ll do the same.

Hope we get back in the conversation before my boy starts taking visits, and it’ll always be UT for me but he is already hearing the negative from friends and other family.

Reactions: SLICKYINC

Going to Tennessee or not going to Tennessee has nothing to do with it.

If he’s good enough to play in the SEC, he’ll be afforded every opportunity to grow, develop, and be seen.

Regardless of the SEC school he attends.

I’m gonna just leave it at that.

My son has been taught loyalty. He was born in Tennessee and has no problem pulling for the big orange. Saw our Falcons blow a super bowl and excited the Braves have rewarded his loyalty by winning the East again. I would encourage him to make his own choice and go where he feels is the best educational fit. As far as a fan, he’s loyal to the Big Orange and we go or watch every game. He knows at some point it will turn around.

Yes, in the offseason. What the hell could he post positive about since the season began?

Offensive line play improving dramatically, Bryce Thompson getting charges dropped and returning, Bituli returning, To’oto’o, Morris, Wright all playing really well for true freshman, Jennings turn around after his episode with the last staff, crouch having great player interviews, maybe not try to spend so much time in the dumps about recruiting when we are one class away from fixing some basic depth issues.

Nobody is happy with the start, but if you use every opportunity to see negative then that’s what you’ll get.

I don’t care about the athletic as a publication but everything I see from him on here is slanted negatively towards UT or the coaches.

Isn’t it crazy how young softball players are recruited? Most are committed to a school their sophomore years.

Isn’t it crazy how young softball players are recruited? Most are committed to a school their sophomore years.
It was even crazier before the new rule change. Recruiting use to be wide open but now they can't take OVs or have direct contact with the coaches until their JR year. I know a kid that committed to AU in the 8th grade....

Reactions: secking
It was even crazier before the new rule change. Recruiting use to be wide open but now they can't take OVs or have direct contact with the coaches until their JR year. I know a kid that committed to AU in the 8th grade....
Wow, didn’t know they changed it, that’s actually a good thing bc as you say, I’ve seen pressure on HS freshmen to go to school X. I hope she does well as I know if she’s done travel ball, you’ve put in the miles, effort, and expense. Good luck.

Wow, didn’t know they changed it, that’s actually a good thing bc as you say, I’ve seen pressure on HS freshmen to go to school X. I hope she does well as I know if she’s done travel ball, you’ve put in the miles, effort, and expense. Good luck.
Yep, could have paid for her college with all of the money spent on travel ball. Thanks.

Reactions: secking

VN Store

Back