Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Athletic is actually really good with baseball and other stories BUT @David Ubben and their coverage of the Tennessee Volunteers is written with an agenda by David because he is pissed at the University and lack of coverage. Instead of writing a story about a young man with a handicap and his father getting to go to a game in a skybox and getting to meet our gracious AD, he would rather just keep putting the University in a bad light. If the shirt tweet didn't show you that nothing will. And his posting it was a joke is what everyone always says when they get called out for something the print or say which is stupid. It wasn't a joke outside of him trying to make fun of Tennessee.
Nailed it.

How was he making fun of UT? Man the histrionics over every little thing said and tweeted by reporters and announcers here is insane lmao. Lighten up folks. It's tweeter
No, I will not lighten up about this one. A trash, agenda - driven tweet is exactly that. He needs to learn the same lesson that most of us have already learned. Think before you post.

Who is this guy? You got any ideas if he just another alt troll?..or just another reject from the World of Trolls..aka the FF? 🤔

Dude seems to have come in hot..
He’s posted with at least one other screen name before...so you nailed it. Used to be able to hazard a reasonable guess but now I just zone out as soon as I hear the usual troll phraseology. 😴

Our pass rush is pretty damn bad. Florida is 1st in the whole country in sacks and ties for 25th in sacks allowed.

They had one sack against UK. They played a true freshman 2 star tackle and a freshman QB for Miami and UT Martin. Not all stats are created equal, but you probably didn’t care to look it up.

They had one sack against UK. They played a true freshman 2 star tackle and a freshman QB for Miami and UT Martin. Not all stats are created equal, but you probably didn’t care to look it up.

And we played worse competition overall with far worse results. Hello?

I exoect UF's game plan to look similar to last years. Load the box. Play man on the outside and see if JG can beat you. Were going to have to make plays in the passing game to win

Exactly. This is what every SEC team is going to us. If you’re a DC, how could you not take your chances on either the pass rush getting home or JG throwing late into coverage.

Last edited:
Disagree, I am not a JG fan but you obviously need to go back and rewatch JGs passes. He was not late on any of them. The throw to JJ in the endzone was perfect and thrown right as the window opened. The throw to Tillman was thrown right when it needed to be as well. The throw to Calloway was thrown that way because he knew no one was around Calloway so there was no need to accidentally overthrow it.

Stop being biased just because you don’t like him. They weren’t excellent throws.

I'm not arguing for or against either QB. Both JG and Strout had some interesting differences, IMO. Some differences I noticed are: in the shotgun, JG seems to take the snap a yard and a half deeper and drops back three yards deeper. Putting JG at nine yards and Strout at six. Strout could actually hold the ball a little longer, depending on pass rush, and let his receiver get to the open spot.
BM didn't get enough quality play calls to notice differences. IMO.

Am I wrong on these observations?

I'm not arguing for or against either QB. Both JG and Strout had some interesting differences, IMO. Some differences I noticed are: in the shotgun, JG seems to take the snap a yard and a half deeper and drops back three yards deeper. Putting JG at nine yards and Strout at six. Strout could actually hold the ball a little longer, depending on pass rush, and let his receiver get to the open spot.
BM didn't get enough quality play calls to notice differences. IMO.

Am I wrong on these observations?
Yes...it’s Shrout.

He literally throws the ball as soon as he plants his foot. The pa is slow developing, but Jg’s pass wasn’t

two extra skips that were not needed turn your body and plant feet and throw he is WAY to deep in the drop even with the PA. You hate the winkie so of course we who have played QB are wrong. He didn't double pump but like I said before, sloppy footwork. I really think it's a matter of lack of experience under center his entire life.

Apparently the fans booed JG. That's ridiculous. They need to cut that crap out. He may not be that good, but he's a Vol and plays hard. This isn't the NFL. Leave him alone.

I just got back home from the game so am behind and don't know if this has been responded to. I was specifically listening for the greeting he got. I heard very few if any boos. Not much applause either, but relieved very few boos

I think it's more about the timing of the play. It takes a significant amount of time to do the play action and get into the position to throw. Maybe he's slow to get to that point? I thought ball should have been delivered about 2-3 yards earlier but it's a TD. It wasn't perfect by any means but he made the play.
Pruitt on the Tillman TD.

"Need to get the ball out a little quicker there, throw on 5 steps instead of 7".

Not a result of in depth analysis, just the replay on the JP show.

These criticisms make a lot more sense.

two extra skips that were not needed turn your body and plant feet and throw he is WAY to deep in the drop even with the PA. You hate the winkie so of course we who have played QB are wrong. He didn't double pump but like I said before, sloppy footwork. I really think it's a matter of lack of experience under center his entire life.
Watch the left hand too. It wasn’t necessarily a double pump, but a wasted motion rather than just releasing the ball. It’s splitting hairs at this point, but to the fact, he was late imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back