Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope watch the footwork and it is about 3.5
\

I just used the "one Mississippi" method. The analysis is clarifying. Intersring points. Nice detail in this discussion. Still, kudos to Tillman for making the play. Honestly, I am having a hard time visualizing what a five step drop looks like there. Not saying there aren't QBs that execute a five step play action. If one is going to throw back across his body seems like you'd want to have your feet set. Learning something with this example.

Anybody know if JJ Peterson played yesterday? What’s the deal with him?
Practice report was saying he started working with the 2s last week but it doesnt appear hes a back up because he wasnt in the first group off the bench. Did play but currently a third string. I would guess he will pass Reid or Ignot by the end of the year if he keeps practicing hard because neither have used their playing time to make a impact yet.

Reactions: rjd970
Where? I missed that in your post.
So I just want to go on the record and say this:

JG played really well yesterday and made some really good throws after I went back and watched the game again. The TD To JJ was perfectly thrown right as the window opened. Really the only bad throw he had was the first throw. If JG plays like that every game we could definitely surprise some people.

Shrout has good vision and a quick release. Once he gets the timing on his throws down he will be good.

Maurer looked good running. It almost seems like he has a different playbook than JG and JT. I could see him actually coming in on a wildcat set.

Maybe you should read other posts before you post to a singular post.

Anybody know if JJ Peterson played yesterday? What’s the deal with him?
A LOT of people played yesterday.
He was one of them.

His athleticism actually flashed a couple of times, which was nice to see.
He still doesn’t look like he knows what he’s supposed to be doing, which is unfortunate.

Reactions: VolSummitt44
Dang. It’s Florida week and it’s dead as crap in here
Yea, there’s usually a lot more that have talked themselves into a win in here.

Too many been hurt too many times?

I mean, I’ve seen this movie over and over again. I know what’s most likely coming. But I can’t stay away.

Still concerned about recruiting more than the Florida game. It's been extremely quiet. Can't let this class put us yet another year behind during this already long rebuild.

We mainly just need to be competitive and show improvement the rest of the season. Tell recruits we need them to come to be that extra push to get us back to relevancy. Jmo

I'm not guaranteeing a win or anything but I'm just not afraid of a 2 star QB who hasn't started since Middle School. QB's are what Mullen are known for, If he thought Trask or Jones were better options than Frank's then he would have been playing them over Frank's.
Lot of truth in this post boys and girls......

Reactions: 98nostalgia
And we played worse competition overall with far worse results. Hello?
But...we have improved steadily. I get what you are saying, but GS was a fluke, and nothing that happened in it really matters, and you can glean absolutely no real information from it, only that it was a bad learning experience for our 1st time HC..

The BYU game is a better gauge, and is a true picture of this team at this point in the rebuild. This young team is capable of making both great plays and horrible blunders in a span of seconds. The QB situation is a major problem and nothing will change that.

I thought this team was a 7-5 team before losing Gooden and BT, and a 6-6 team or worse without them. Losing to BYU and GS has made 5-7 the likely best that this squad can achieve barring substantial improvement at QB. I hope we can win 5, but I really think 4-8 or even 3-9 is a likely landing spot this year.

But..if they can continue to improve...who knows?

Last edited:
Dang. It’s Florida week and it’s dead as crap in here
We're improving but there's an elephant in the room. Just don't know what we're going to get at QB, BYU or Chatt.

That and I just like talking fb more than arguing these days, the atmosphere in here has been crap tbh.

My Dad passed from this earth into glory this morning around 7 AM. He was a minister for 50 yrs. Faithful til the end. As I said he was really well know in his arena. Doesn't mean much to most but just sharing and remembering. Having a Celebration service Thursday expecting hundreds. Got preachers coming from so many different States and Greater Vision is going to be doing the singing. Again, I know this doesn't interest a lot of people but will to some in here. Thanks for just letting share about my dad in here. Appreciate the prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back