Does Pruitt’s grammar matter at all to you?

Ain't no readin' and writin' in X's and O's. If he is winnin', we're all grinnin', and nobody will care how he talks.

We are talking grammar, not accent.
I guess if hes recruiting a bunch of yuppies that sit around all day and eat fish eggs and snails, he better work on his grammer. Me personally, id rather him hone his coaching skills, or go back to alabama.

If you're worried about grammar--then you just can't see the forest for the trees.....
And typical millennial mindset....

"we too smart of fans to be havin' a coach who don't talk right!!!"

idiotic

I guess if hes recruiting a bunch of yuppies that sit around all day and eat fish eggs and snails, he better work on his grammer. Me personally, id rather him hone his coaching skills, or go back to alabama.

It's not an either/or situation.

You can speak proper grammar and be a successful head coach. Sounding like a dumba$$ probably does nothing to improve your chances with a recruit's family. Speaking on the level of a high school graduate might even help matters.

Reactions: Vfl2407
It's not an either/or situation.

You can speak proper grammar and be a successful head coach. Sounding like a dumba$$ probably does nothing to improve your chances with a recruit's family. Speaking on the level of a high school graduate might even help matters.
Noone really cares, really

Reactions: MikeVol44
The thing I don't like about Jeremy Pruitt is that he has sounded to me that he would rather be somewhere else besides Tennessee right from the beginning
I have never had that feeling. I think he sees this as a great job and opportunity. He just isn't an excitable personality. That doesn't mean that he lacks passion for his job.

Yea, the pro-ignorant stance is certainly the correct side of an argument to be on.

"Them smart people, I hat'em. I'll show'wm, watch how dumb I is."
Judging someone as dumb just because they don't always use proper grammer is the reason nobody likes grammer nazis

Reactions: VolinMC
If you want to save the world why not begin with this generation who would rather communicate through emojis and icons in text script. Right away you realize that being clear, understood, and profound, doesn't seem that high on the agenda when folks are using word pictures that look like they were extracted out of a first-grade reader.

This smartphone generation is starting to make Festus Hagan sound like Shakespeare.

If you want to save the world why not begin with this generation who would rather communicate through emojis and icons in text script. Right away you realize that being clear, understood, and profound, doesn't seem that high on the agenda when folks are using word pictures that look like they were extracted out of a first-grade reader.

This smartphone generation is starting to make Festus Hagan sound like Shakespeare.
Bama fans have sounded stupid for many generations.

If you get torn up over Pruitt's grammar, I'd hate to see how torn up you get watching a game.
Even the OP alluded to it. This thread doesn't exist if we are 2-0 like we should be. It really isn't Pruitt's grammar and country bumpkin mannerisms that have people upset right now. Grammar is just one more thing to complain about, when you are tired of talking about the team's lack of preparation and in-game adjustments so far.

My feeling is that it matters more at 0-2 than 2-0.
I will say, as someone with family members who were teachers, that it does bother me.
To claim to be an institution of higher learning, you’d think we could get him an English tutor.
But being honest, if he upsets Florida and gets us to a bowl game, I won’t care how he “done” it.
This is just petty.

VN Store

Back