Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s hilarious when we discuss backup QBS starting and everyone brings up peterman.That man made it to the NFL and was a starting QB it’s clear that Coaching was the issue here at that time.he even transferred from Tennessee to Pittsburgh and was the starter there under a new coaching staff.factor that in as well.how many freshman is it gonna take for us to witness having good games around the league,too finally acknowledge we may or may not have a balller.you won’t know till we put em in👀🤷🏽‍♂️

Mistakes will happen from a freshman and I’m ok with that as long as it gives us a better chance to win.JG is in his 3rd year as QB force feeding us freshman mistakes that shouldn’t be happening from a veteran QB.its time for a change.

Yep, he made it to the NFL. Tell me again how his stint in Buffalo worked out?

No, it's all speculation by posters. I think they'd roll with JT for any significant starts if JG went down, if for no reason other than being able to save Maurer's RS. This is of course jmo.

Also I'd love to see this be the starting OL moving forward (because they earned it)

LT - Wanya
LG - Trey
C - Kennedy
RG - Carvin
RT - Wright

That's 3 young guys who'll be back next season too. 2020 could have Johnson replace Kennedy and then Trey if he returns still at LG (although I fully expect Trey to leave for the NFL after this season assuming he is able to play the full 12).
Agree with all this with one slight exception. A year ago, if someone had predicted that I would predict that Cooper Mays arrives early, grabs the starting spot at center and never gives it up until he leaves, I would have argued with them...now I won’t.

Reactions: drvenner
I think it’s hilarious when we discuss backup QBS starting and everyone brings up peterman.That man made it to the NFL and was a starting QB it’s clear that Coaching was the issue here at that time.he even transferred from Tennessee to Pittsburgh and was the starter there under a new coaching staff.factor that in as well.how many freshman is it gonna take for us to witness having good games around the league,too finally acknowledge we may or may not have a balller.you won’t know till we put em in👀🤷🏽‍♂️

Mistakes will happen from a freshman and I’m ok with that as long as it gives us a better chance to win.JG is in his 3rd year as QB force feeding us freshman mistakes that shouldn’t be happening from a veteran QB.its time for a change.
JG is mentally broken. You're not going to fix that by keep putting him out there. This is not basketball where you have to shoot your way out of a slump. I would liken his problem to PTSD. He needs psychological counseling. He may be a broken football player.

JG is mentally broken. You're not going to fix that by keep putting him out there. This is not basketball where you have to shoot your way out of a slump. I would liken his problem to PTSD. He needs psychological counseling. He may be a broken football player.

AAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA😂 I feel bad for him don’t get me wrong.

FTR, Peterman’s OC and QB coach at the time was, by far, the best UT has hadn’t other than Chaney over the past decade or so. Was QB coach for the Buccaneers for a while.

Peterman just wasn’t ready in that game. It’s doubtful one of our freshmen are ready to start in the swamp either. Sucks but it’s what it is.

Noticed that. And is supposed to be a good running QB, too. Yikes.
Camp accolades may be messing with his mindset. Part of being a QB. Luckily for us all the EXPERTS think our guy sucks...and he’s handling it pretty well. 😉

Edit: FTR King was 10-14 for 195 yards a a TD with no int. That’s not huge but his team put up 53 and pitched a shutout...so mebbe something between the lines?

Last edited:
Reactions: zhangliao04
👀🤷🏽‍♂️ you think JG will make it to the NFL?

Who knows? I'm not a scout. Would he be serviceable...maybe. There are what 32 teams in the NFL? Training camps have 3 QBs on the 95 man roster competing for a spot. That is 96 QBs in the NFL. Some move on some don't numbers taken every year are different. I'm sure that there may be an opportunity for him play at the next level but I don't think he makes a roster.

FTR, Peterman’s OC and QB coach at the time was, by far, the best UT has hadn’t other than Chaney over the past decade or so. Was QB coach for the Buccaneers for a while.

Peterman just wasn’t ready in that game. It’s doubtful one of our freshmen are ready to start in the swamp either. Sucks but it’s what it is.

That still doesn’t change the fact he may or may not be peterman lol I mean the linebackers down there already feel sorry for JG👀😭😂 so imagine that bus ride down there for JG just thinking about it,he will be just as bad.

Self starter is what I think he said. My deal is that it sounds like JG does his own thing. Like I said earlier, maybe its just the way I read into it.

That’s exactly how I took it.in my opinion not a good look,if you listened further referencing his “family”..I think his dad is heavily involved with JG as far as maybe “coaching” we have seen this movie a thousand times.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back